• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    This was my last sit in this location.

Had some great trail cam pics, but they aren't traveling this ridge during he day.

There are probably 5 different trails the intersect but it's been a bust.

665694_10151171983283528_488516293_o.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    keep this bumped to the top guys!

Who's seeing rutting activity?

I'm getting ready to go pull a ladder stand here on base, will keep an eye out to see what's moving mid-day.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I set out all day yesterday. Dead until 10:30 and it was non stop until 2:00 then picked back up last hour of light. Saw at least 12 bucks a couple of these might have been repeats. All of them small to mid size, only one I thought about shooting but he needs another year or two. Does were being trailed by bucks or were constantly moving trying to stay away from the bucks. One doe came by at a trot with her mouth open and winded with a buck 10 yards behind her doing the same. Passed by at 15 yards.
    Good fun.:yesway:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    and flintlocks ;)

i was showing a couple of flintlock longrifles to a younger customer who was doubting the ability of a flintlock long rifle to "reach out there" so to speak. He told me his friends call his scoped inline his "Amish sniper rifle" and said "I can take a deer out to 200 yards with it." I went to my book shelf and pulled out a book of first person accounts from the Revolutionary War where a British Officer was lamenting the fact that he was losing officers from "Shirt-tail men with their cursed, twisted, rifled guns" at 400 yards and where British officers on ships anchored offshore of Virginia had to have the "sides of our ships raised due to the fact that "the American's with their rifled guns were making sport of shooting our officers from the shore 300-400 yards away."

Needless to say another convert was born that day...:yesway:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Not that the officer wouldn't be exaggerating with his formal whining? ;)

Hitting an officer and letting the wound take days or weeks to kill him, and putting a deer down within 100 yards of where shot, might be a little different.

Both of sport, just one requiring a little more in ethics :)

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Who's seeing rutting activity?

I'm right back to not seeing any deer again. The action got hot for a few days about a week ago and now it is down to absolutely nothing. I checked cameras this morning after a short hunt and they are showing almost zero deer movement as well all of the sudden.

:dunno:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm right back to not seeing any deer again. The action got hot for a few days about a week ago and now it is down to absolutely nothing. I checked cameras this morning after a short hunt and they are showing almost zero deer movement as well all of the sudden.

:dunno:

I've seen some activity on my camera but it isn't during shooting hours. Lets hope that changes by this weekend!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Good luck to all, I didn't see anything mid-day.

Sitting out in here in 45 degree weather, I'm loving it.

Hoping I see some action before dark.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Went out this evening and saw a couple bucks and 4 does. Bucks were in range but not big enough. A couple of the does cames in at last 15 minutes of shooting light and busted me(I was setting on the ground not in a blind).
    Heard several of the bucks last couple of days grunting. They are very vocal.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Saw one buck but never got close enough and a few turkeys walked by.

Saw two bobcats within 40 yards of each other sitting on the road as I was driving off base, was really cool to see.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    ^^yes it is^^
    I saw a buck chasing adoe yesterday at 10:00am. Saw 2 coyotes too. No shots.
    This morning I had a 6 come in and later on I had 3 coyotes come by, I missed 1 of them at 35 yds, I'm heading out again in the morning.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Was out hanging a ladder stand at lunch today and found a buck someone had hit in the shoulder with a Rage 2 Blade.

Didn't penetrate the whole way, but must have nicked an artery. Hard telling how long this big Ten wondered around before he died. Someone lost a darn nice trophy.

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Was out hanging a ladder stand at lunch today and found a buck someone had hit in the shoulder with a Rage 2 Blade.

Didn't penetrate the whole way, but must have nicked an artery. Hard telling how long this big Ten wondered around before he died. Someone lost a darn nice trophy.

It's not true if you don't have pictures, then it still may not be true. Lol
    Seriously, post some pix. I hunted crane 20 years ago with my dad on a special hunt. I wasn't very interested in hunting at the time. Now that I enjoy it my dad is over it. However he asked if I wanted to put in for next years hunt at Crane.

Top Bottom