• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    At what point is one at fault for a legal activity?

He is speaking from total oblivious ignorance becuase he wasn't there and I haven't told him anything. It is well known that the story ran by the media was a hack job in an attempt to slander me in the public's eye and hurt the lawsuit.

For the [STRIKE]simple minded[/STRIKE] Trolls among us, it worked.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    At what point is one at fault for a legal activity?

I could have sat and picked my nose the entire time while having lunch in a restaurant today. Doubt the other patrons of the dining establishment would have enjoyed witnessing that, so I chose to refrain from that activity.
    But it would have been perfectly legal for me to do so.

I think there is a line where society in general has determined what is and what is not socially acceptable from other members of society while in a public space. Legality of many of these 'unaccepted' behaviors is not really the issue.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I could have sat and picked my nose the entire time while having lunch in a restaurant today. Doubt the other patrons of the dining establishment would have enjoyed witnessing that, so I chose to refrain from that activity.

I think there is a line where society in general has determined what is and what is not socially acceptable from other members of society while in a public space. Legality of many of these 'unaccepted' behaviors is not really the issue.

Yeah, and I dont like ugly people sitting close to me while I eat either. :dunno:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Comparing the dirty habit of removing solidified and contaminated snot from one's nasal passage with a God given right just doesn't fly with me. Try again :):

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN

Is there a well funded strong lobby group for that. Opportunity abounds...

If that is what you need to do to protect you and yours to the best of your ability, go for it. I do not think that would deter many criminals though. I do not have to like or dislike the fact that you are at an eatery wearing out your nose. I have the option not to look at you.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Comparing the dirty habit of removing solidified and contaminated snot from one's nasal passage with a God given right just doesn't fly with me. Try again :):

I believe biological functions of our bodies are more 'God given' then carrying around machined pieces of metal and plastic :dunno:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I believe biological functions of our bodies are more 'God given' then carrying around machined pieces of metal and plastic :dunno:

There are other ways and other places my friend :laugh:

And if you are insinuating that the Prophet John Moses Browning's creations were not directly from the hand of the Creator there is no hope for you!

:rofl:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

If that is what you need to do to protect you and yours to the best of your ability, go for it. I do not think that would deter many criminals though. I do not have to like or dislike the fact that you are at an eatery wearing out your nose. I have the option not to look at you.

If you crap your pants I bet a criminal would leave you alone. just saying :D

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I guess a few INGOers will NOT be attending TFs after trial party. Are you allowed to cc at the party or do you have to oc? Will anyone unarmed be turned away?

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.

You seem to be missing the point, which is just because something is legal it does not mean it is an accepted practice in polite society and we all in some way alter our natural behavior in some fashion in order to co-exist in society.
    And it could be argued that a robber faced with two targets, one with clean fingers and one with booger covered hands that the robber may only make demands of cash to the clean handed individual.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Guys, if you think covering up your gun keeps you safer, do it. I'm more realistic than that. But, I digress...

Things make me uncomfortable. Obama 2012 stickers, people who constantly have their phones out, people who don't carry firearms. Do I think they should cater to me, so I feel warm and fuzzy inside? No. That's ridiculous. You can't stay sheltered. Grow up, and learn that there will be things you see that will bother you. This is the problem with the country. Children are taught that there is no failure, no consequences, nothing will ever offend them, everything is a magical fairyland with cotton candy clouds and chocolate streets. Then, they get into the real world, and every time they don't get exactly what they want, they ***** and whine.

Hurt and pain are real. Let your kids experience that. Quit sheltering them.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Why do OCer's automatically think that a criminal seing their gun is going to stop dead in his tracks and run the other way?? Most criminals arent afraid of weekend warriors packing guns if they got their mind set on something. If a man comes into rob a gas station and you dont see him until its too late but he saw your gun from the parking lot and shot you coming thru the door what good is that. Now if it was covered and he came in the door and didnt see it he may just tell you to get down on the floor and proceed robbing the store at which point you will have a decision to make to get involved or let it ride. I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".

:rolleyes: LOL. :popcorn:

I want people to think I'm a cowboy.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    If you crap your pants I bet a criminal would leave you alone. just saying [/:DQUOTE]

That must be true. It is Illinois' official position on how to survive all violent crimes...

You seem to be missing the point, which is just because something is legal it does not mean it is an accepted practice in polite society and we all in some way alter our natural behavior in some fashion in order to co-exist in society.

I am not missing your point. I do not equate manners with a particular form of carry in this particular case. I am not saying that this is something I would do. I am not saying that I would not. What I am saying is that it is not for me to decide what legal activity you should not do.

And it could be argued that a robber faced with two targets, one with clean fingers and one with booger covered hands that the robber may only make demands of cash to the clean handed individual.

Yeah, I considered this at the time of my reply... All I can say is ewww. I think if the "clean fingers"(kinda like Mr Green Jeans but it'snot, ugh) was OC, snot money is still in danger...

Top Bottom