• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".

I believe that 95% of the people who start posts telling others they are doing it wrong haven't thought much, if at all, about how they might support their opinions when challenged.

If only they'd read and think before they start typing, they might not end up looking as foolish as the last hundred who did the exact same thing...
    :cool:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm just gonna stop carrying altogether and rely on all my other awesome skills.. I'm pretty good with a Bo Staff.

Who's needs the controversy? meh. :rolleyes:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Why do OCer's automatically think that a criminal seing their gun is going to stop dead in his tracks and run the other way?? Most criminals arent afraid of weekend warriors packing guns if they got their mind set on something. If a man comes into rob a gas station and you dont see him until its too late but he saw your gun from the parking lot and shot you coming thru the door what good is that. Now if it was covered and he came in the door and didnt see it he may just tell you to get down on the floor and proceed robbing the store at which point you will have a decision to make to get involved or let it ride. I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".
    Whoa there Nelly! Its not about "showing off", its about your individual rights. Me, personally, hardly ever OC, but if I felt the need to I want the lawful ability to. It does not bother me to see some dude carrying openly, its his/her right under the law. JMHO.:)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If my purpose for OC'ing was to show off then I would do it with style and wear a rhinestone cowboy outfit, otherwise i'll just do like I normally do.

Go about my business.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Whoa there Nelly! Its not about "showing off", its about your individual rights.

Meh, when people have their 'purdy' go to church guns and fancy BBQ guns it could just be about showing off. (not that there is anything 'wrong' with that).

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Sorta like the CC only types who refuse to see any legitimate reason for OC and stimp and pout like a baby whenever anyone makes a valid point?

Who elected you to decide who gets to support our rights and who doesn't? Your second post proves my response to your first post.

Sat it loud, say it proud! You have rights and everyone needs to know about them.

Bingo at the American Legion? Well let's just have an OC sit in and show those old ladies that we won't stand idly by and allow them to infringe upon our rights. If those old ladies don't like it they can go to Iran where they can practice their Sharia law as they please.

I heard the platypus is venomous. Let's all OC to the zoo and show those aquatic terrorists that we're not going to live in fear.

OC isn't bad in and of itself. It's the "activists" that paint a poor picture. I would venture to guess that's a lifetime pinnacle achievement for some. To me, most are trying to carry their "man business" on their hips and make a misguided attempt at being the Marlon Brando of the Second Amendment.

What are you rebelling against?

What do you got?

Personally, I don't want to be lumped in with Barney and Cletus or their parades and phallic imagery.

The OC "activists" simply do not care how they present information. Education is not "F you buddy I'll carry my "deagle" into any Build-a-Bear Workshop I choose".

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Sat it loud, say it proud! You have rights and everyone needs to know about them.

Bingo at the American Legion? Well let's just have an OC sit in and show those old ladies that we won't stand idly by and allow them to infringe upon our rights. If those old ladies don't like it they can go to Iran where they can practice their Sharia law as they please.

I heard the platypus is venomous. Let's all OC to the zoo and show those aquatic terrorists that we're not going to live in fear.

OC isn't bad in and of itself. It's the "activists" that paint a poor picture. I would venture to guess that's a lifetime pinnacle achievement for some. To me, most are trying to carry their "man business" on their hips and make a misguided attempt at being the James Dean of the Second Amendment.

What do you got?

Personally, I don't want to be lumped in with Barney and Cletus or their parades and phallic imagery.

The OC "activists" simply do not care how they present information. Education is not "F you buddy I'll carry my "deagle" into any Build-a-Bear Workshop I choose".

More ignorant ramblings from some poor soul crying out for attention among the masses of Indiana Gun owners that could care less how others exercise their rights.

FYI Open Carry has been legal for longer and more acceptable for longer than CC has, it is this latest generation of apparant pansies that get frightend at the sight of a weapon or assume that others do.

Grow up and worry less about other people and what they do on their own time. Perhaps you could get a job at the NSA spying on people.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

OC isn't bad in and of itself. It's the "activists" that paint a poor picture. I would venture to guess that's a lifetime pinnacle achievement for some. To me, most are trying to carry their "man business" on their hips and make a misguided attempt at being the Marlon Brando of the Second Amendment.

What do you got?

I don't know if this is the most ignorant post on INGO, but is definitely in the top five.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    More ignorant ramblings from some poor soul crying out for attention among the masses of Indiana Gun owners that could care less how others exercise their rights.

FYI Open Carry has been legal for longer and more acceptable for longer than CC has, it is this latest generation of apparant pansies that get frightend at the sight of a weapon or assume that others do.

Grow up and worry less about other people and what they do on their own time. Perhaps you could get a job at the NSA spying on people.

Shouldn't you be regurgitating case law that your lawyer mentioned? I'm anxiously awaiting a photo of the Jr. Litigator badge he's presenting you with.

I would task you with not smearing the names of good, responsible gun owners with your "slip-and-fall" legal shenanigans.

Maybe I already work for the NSA. :)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Shouldn't you be regurgitating case law that your lawyer mentioned? I'm anxiously awaiting a photo of the Jr. Litigator badge he's presenting you with.

I would task you with not smearing the names of good, responsible gun owners with your "slip-and-fall" legal shenanigans.

People with small minds often compensate by posting derogatory rederick akin to you decrying that OCers are compensating for lacking manhood.

I guess it takes one to know one.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Why do OCer's automatically think that a criminal seing their gun is going to stop dead in his tracks and run the other way??
    Why do CCer's automatically think that the "element of surprise" as well as a longer and more difficult draw is going to improve their chances?

Most criminals arent afraid of weekend warriors packing guns if they got their mind set on something.
    They're not scared that you have a gun showing, why would they be scared if you have it hidden?

Do you think pulling it out and "surprising them" is going to stop them any better than them simply seeing that you're carrying?

If a man comes into rob a gas station and you dont see him until its too late but he saw your gun from the parking lot and shot you coming thru the door what good is that.
    Or a man comes in to rob a gas station and you don't see him until it's too late, and he shoots you anyways - what good has your concealed weapon done you?

Now if it was covered and he came in the door and didnt see it he may just tell you to get down on the floor and proceed robbing the store
    And if he sees your weapon before he walks in, he may have second thoughts :). We are speculating pretty hard across the board here either way.

at which point you will have a decision to make to get involved or let it ride. I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".
    And I believe 99.999% of people who state they support the decision to OC or CC but create threads like this are pretty terrible liars :).

I OC more than I CC, but I have holsters for both and do both. At the end of the day, if you want to CC - then do it. If you want to OC - then do it. I really couldn't care any less if I tried really hard. :)

Quit worrying so much about what everybody else does, and focus on your own life.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    People with small minds often compensate by posting derogatory rederick akin to you decrying that OCers are compensating for lacking manhood.

I guess it takes one to know one.

Rhetoric. It is spelled "rhetoric".

And you would have a difficult time explaining to me that this OC "activism" is not an exercise of force against someone in a position of authority.

It is legal. So are a number of things that are a bad idea. We're stepping beyond legality and into common courtesy.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

56.jpg

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    Why do OCer's automatically think that a criminal seing their gun is going to stop dead in his tracks and run the other way?? Most criminals arent afraid of weekend warriors packing guns if they got their mind set on something. If a man comes into rob a gas station and you dont see him until its too late but he saw your gun from the parking lot and shot you coming thru the door what good is that. Now if it was covered and he came in the door and didnt see it he may just tell you to get down on the floor and proceed robbing the store at which point you will have a decision to make to get involved or let it ride. I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".

to give my :twocents:

because criminals by there very nature a lazy SOBs unwilling to work for things in life. They take the easy way out. Aint nothin easy about playin bully with someone they know has the means and willingness to fight back.:draw:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Rhetoric. It is spelled "rhetoric".

And you would have a difficult time explaining to me that this OC "activism" is not an exercise of force against someone in a position of authority.

It is legal. So are a number of things that are a bad idea. We're stepping beyond legality and into common courtesy.

Apologies for the misspelling, my spell check isn't automatic and it let that slip through. :rolleyes:

OC "activism" IS legal so how do you view it as force against someone in a position of authority? If they are in a position of authority over me and they are in conflict, my money is on THEM being in the wrong and therefore infringing on my rights. Are we not to stand up for the rights that so many others have gave their LIVES for?

You do realize 'force' is defined by law right?

Common courtesy is fine, where does doing something legal since before any of us alive were born, statutorily defined in both the US and Indiana constitutions and codified by Indiana law step over a boundary of common courtesy?

Top Bottom