• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    What makes you think we do?

Most people who Ive talked to about it say thats what they believe.

Well, go ask them then. Tell them they're wrong and they're going to get sniped the first chance the bad guy gets.

Don't come here and spout the same tired-ass arguments that have been posited TIME AND TIME AGAIN. If you don't like OC, don't do it. You don't seem to be truly curious, just looking for a bunch of people to jump on the thread and agree. "Yeah, they're just a bunch of wanna-be mall ninja's."

We get enough crap about how we choose to live our lives and defend ourselves from the anti's. Mind your own business.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Why do OCer's automatically think that a criminal seing their gun is going to stop dead in his tracks and run the other way?? Most criminals arent afraid of weekend warriors packing guns if they got their mind set on something. If a man comes into rob a gas station and you dont see him until its too late but he saw your gun from the parking lot and shot you coming thru the door what good is that. Now if it was covered and he came in the door and didnt see it he may just tell you to get down on the floor and proceed robbing the store at which point you will have a decision to make to get involved or let it ride. I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".
    The below section in red disagrees with your above post. There is no "trying to get a feel here." You already have your mind made up.

Im not arguing either way because I dont subscribe to just OC or CC I do both depending on the situtation. I was mainly trying to get more of a feel for why it seems based on things I have seen or heard that people think its better to carry your gun exposed. I see faults in both. I just dont like people who seek attention I guess is a better way of putting it. Ive seen people OC just to see if people will call the cops on them so they can record it and so on and so forth.

I don't seek attention when I OC. I have a voice recorder because it is good practice.

This set of posts is attention seeking behavior.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Im not arguing either way because I dont subscribe to just OC or CC I do both depending on the situtation. I was mainly trying to get more of a feel for why it seems based on things I have seen or heard that people think its better to carry your gun exposed.

Then I suggest you start with the two links that goinggreyfast posted above.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Well, go ask them then. Tell them they're wrong and they're going to get sniped the first chance the bad guy gets.

Don't come here and spout the same tired-ass arguments that have been posited TIME AND TIME AGAIN. If you don't like OC, don't do it. You don't seem to be truly curious, just looking for a bunch of people to jump on the thread and agree. "Yeah, they're just a bunch of wanna-be mall ninja's."

We get enough crap about how we choose to live our lives and defend ourselves from the anti's. Mind your own business.

Just tryin to have a discussion Ive never personally had these discussion even if you have a thousand times I havent. I dont know why people on forums get so offended.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It still boggles my mind how a words on a screen can have a tone I was just quoting things I have heard people say.

If you don't think written words have power and can set a tone, then let me introduce you to the whole of humanity going back to cave paintings.

I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".
    Who were you quoting here when you started off? Am I one of the 95%?

I dont know why people on forums get so offended.

Then maybe you should stay off them until you figure it out.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Just tryin to have a discussion Ive never personally had these discussion even if you have a thousand times I havent. I dont know why people on forums get so offended.

How can you "know what people say" if you've never had an actual conversation about it?

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Who were you quoting here when you started off? Am I one of the 95%?

If you seek attention when OCing and believe that you are protectecting people by doing so then I guess so. If not then your good in my book lol

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Really? You can't imagine why people would be more than a little irritated at being told by some :n00b: that they are just glory hounds and attention whores?

I suppose it wouldn't bother you if I said your wife was fat, you were ugly, and your children were the milkman's, would it? :):

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

Hi,
    I CC and tend to believe that is the best way to carry in this society in which we find ourselves. But you sir have stirred a hornets nest. And by continuing to respond to this thread are digging a hole for yourself that keeps getting deeper and deeper.

If you would read the posts above, they have been explaining why "people .. get so offended." Your inflammatory statements served no real purpose except to somehow stimulate conversation, I suppose and you have trampled on a way of life for many of your fellow members here.

Got an idea:
    Say it with me now .... "I'm sorry."
    Then you can get up and walk away. Just holler out, "give me three steps to the door."

What you may not know is that this OC CC thing has been played and replayed too much here. And by continuing in this thread, you're making the CC crowd look kind of, well, puny.

Really, dust yourself off and hang around. It's a fun place if you don't start pushing people around.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I can say some of the same stuff to CCers. The truth is we can never know if a gun will protect us or others until god forbid something actually happens all else is just speculation.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I can say some of the same stuff to CCers. The truth is we can never know if a gun will protect us or others until god forbid something actually happens all else is just speculation.

Hold on there now. Don't be saying stuff to anybody. Lets have some intelligent conversation, but just saying stuff ain't no way to be.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Really, dust yourself off and hang around.

Are you saying im dirty?? You affended me say your sorry lol see how this could go its just a forum not that serious.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Hold on there now. Don't be saying stuff to anybody. Lets have some intelligent conversation, but just saying stuff ain't no way to be.

If we think OC or CC will 100 percent save or lives or others lives we are in trouble.

Top Bottom