• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    What better way to show we are law abiding gun owners out to educate then to bring some of our kids that we are educating?

Freelancer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    What better way to show we are law abiding gun owners out to educate then to bring some of our kids that we are educating?

I love my kids, and the last place I would take them would be a political rally where there may be opposition, careless people with guns, and over zealous cops. But then again I don't let them play in traffic either, that's just how I roll. :)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Dr phil has a saying that if you don't have anything to hide, why hide anything? Joe, I got a gut feeling you will be arrested for insubordination and make the rest of us gun owners look like jackwagons. If they want to check id and make sure everything is legal to the extent of the law, that's legal and you refusing to cooperate will become insubordination. Now if they check your ID but they proceed to detaining you and disarming you, that is illegal and should be addressed.

They only time you have to show ID is if you have committed a violation or an ordnance or Infraction.

Carrying a long arm does not fall in that parameter.

Now if Joe jaywalks, and wont produce the ID then hes going to have some issues.

Freelancer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Are those the same "common folk" that enjoy the other rights?

I prefer to not drive down Meridian street and see a bunch of Gays prancing around Military park every year but I dont back laws to ban it.

How dare you play the prancing card in this thread, Sir. Shame on you.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I love my kids, and the last place I would take them would be a political rally where there may be opposition, careless people with guns, and over zealous cops. But then again I don't let them play in traffic either, that's just how I roll. :)

This is a gun education event not a political rally

Freelancer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Lets play honest question game.

Why are you on this gun site?

To express my deep concerns that certain kooky behavior by other individuals
    may negatively affect my right to keep and bear arms. Thus, I am expressing my opinions, even though the cabal of entrenched kooks would prefer I and others like myself remain silent and their request, because apparently only their opinions are valid. Sufficiently clear?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    According to my correspondence with him his friends on INGO:dunno:

That doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy, but I assure you it didn't come from me, I have never met or spoken to that man.

I can't put words into other MODs mouths but that doesn't seem like something any of them would say.

I does seem like the media attention here is pitting us all against ourselves. I will maintain that, though this activity isn't my kinda thing, I fully support your rights to do it.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    There is no Indiana law that says a person must have ID when they are out and about on foot. There is a law (infraction) that says a person who is driving a motor vehicle must carry their driver's license with them while driving. There is a law that if you are stopped for an infraction or ordenance violation, you must ID yourself. There is no law to ID yourself if you are being detained for a midsdomeanor or felony. However, if you are arrested for such a crime, refusing to ID can play a part on if you are given bail or not.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Freelancer it's obvious that you are against this walk, so plan some type of gun education event that you think will do some good, I'll be right next to you helping in any way you need.

I'll say it again, let's stop the infighting, it's just what the anti gunners want, if you don't agree with this walk then plan something you do agree with, I'm sure most that are attending this walk will attend your event to.

Freelancer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Yep- I've never seen red go into the second color before :laugh:

Awwww, does my exercising my first amendment right to an opinion offend you? I'm sorry. Funny, since you are always crying about your rights. All the reputation system here does is encourage the people who are intimidated by you not to post for fear of your response. If they turned it off, I'm guessing you would get a more accurate idea of how many people disagree with you.

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Awwww, does my exercising my second amendment right to an opinion offend you? I'm sorry. Funny, since you are always crying about your rights. All the reputation system here does is encourage the people who are intimidated by you not to post for fear of your response. If they turned it off, I'm guessing you would get a more accurate idea of how many people disagree with you.

Oh, contraire. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you intimidate no one.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Awwww, does my exercising my second amendment right to an opinion offend you? I'm sorry. Funny, since you are always crying about your rights. All the reputation system here does is encourage the people who are intimidated by you not to post for fear of your response. If they turned it off, I'm guessing you would get a more accurate idea of how many people disagree with you.

You obviously don't know your rights...that is the 1st you are exercising.;)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

How are YOU exercising your 2nd amendment right?
    All I see you doing is exercising your right to be a butthead right now.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I would rather you suffer a bit of inconvenience and all ends well at the end of the day, then the cop pass you by and you end up being some kook who just lost his wife or job and decides to mow down the food court. The public has the right to be safe, and your right to scare people does not trump that.

So, you are for racial profiling then? I mean, would you rather people of color "suffer a bit of inconvenience and all ends well at the end of the day". Right?

Your assumptions are based on the incorrect notion that licensed gun owners are unsafe. Statistically, you could not be MORE wrong. Licensed gun owners make up a very tiny fraction of all convicted criminals. Period.

My carrying a gun does not make ANYONE unsafe. However, a LEO detaining a law abiding person in public, forcing them to disarm AND clear the weapon in that public place, IS VERY UNSAFE.
    Where were you to protest THAT? :dunno:
    The participants will have their weapons safely holster, or over their shoulder, not being fumbled with in public like law enforcement is wont to do..

The "slippery slope" argument is so tired. Honestly, you guys are gun control's wet dream. The people that act this way are the ones that scare the public and turn opinion against us. Actually, if the Brady people were smart, they would do exactly that....plant some mall ninjas in our midst doing the stuff these people do and just sit back and rake in votes. lol

It may be "tired" to you, but history shows that slippery slope is exactly how rights get taken away.

I noticed you didn't answer my question about being a gun owner...curious..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom