• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    My assumption is based that until proven otherwise, someone openly carrying a gun is a threat. Walk into a Village Pantry with a shotgun and tell me if the guy behind the counter looks happy to see you.

Is this really that hard to understand?

I walked into my local VP with my rifle case, the clerk joined me and 3 LEO's that were checking out my 15-22.

I have no doubt I would be welcome with any kind of weapon slung in my local VP.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I am only required to produce ID if I have it, AND commit an infraction. Even if I commit an infraction, I am required to identify myself, but nothing in the law requires me to carry paper ID.
    Not exactly. If there is reasonable suspicion of a crime or even the potential of a crime, an officer has the right to ask for identification. It may be little more than verbally providing a name, address and DOB. My guess is that police would consider carrying a rifle in downtown Indianapolis as suspicious behavior. My guess is a judge would agree.

Joe, you have the right to carry your rifle, I just don't want to see you get into unnecessary trouble.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Not exactly. If there is reasonable suspicion of a crime or even the potential of a crime, an officer has the right to ask for identification. It may be little more than verbally providing a name, address and DOB. My guess is that police would consider carrying a rifle in downtown Indianapolis as suspicious behavior. My guess is a judge would agree.

Joe, you have the right to carry your rifle, I just don't want to see you get into unnecessary trouble.

Well, if a police officer wishes to illegally detain me, we will take a matter long since settled in Federal Court back there again. I don't have a problem with doing so.

I am going to exercise my rights. I've faced far worse than a corrupt IMPD piece of garbage protecting them in the past.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Okay Joey, I'll play. How do you tell a good guy with a rifle from a bad guy with a rifle?

Whether or not you have a gaping chest wound?

This should be good.

Gee... reckon if they are wearing a badge and carrying a gun, I'll assume them to be a bad guy. Record show's ya'lls record just isn't that good.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

He can ask all he wants but you dont have to give it to him.

I keep asking for a link of the IC, its not there because it doesnt exist.

If its not in the IC then it doesnt apply to Indiana residents.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I am going to exercise my rights. I've faced far worse than a corrupt IMPD piece of garbage protecting them in the past.

They aren't all bad. I doubt IMPD Officers want to be lumped in together as one with all the bad ones that are coming out right now.

It wouldn't be fair to lump you in with some of the crazy gun owners :twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    They aren't all bad. I doubt IMPD Officers want to be lumped in together as one with all the bad ones that are coming out right now.

It wouldn't be fair to lump you in with some of the crazy gun owners :twocents:

No. They aren't all bad. Only the ones who would harrass law abiding citizens. Sadly, they've proven they are out there, and their fellow officers haven't been willing to bring them to heel.

Anyone remember Metro 40 or some such screen name?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You need some new material. Seriously.

Freelancer, welcome to INGO. Our SOP for new members is to post their first thread in the "Introduction and Greetings" section. Prior to posting additional messages in this section, I ask that you do that. If not, I will have to delete any messages proceeding this notice.

Thank you, and again, welcome to INGO.
    Que

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Gee... reckon if they are wearing a badge and carrying a gun, I'll assume them to be a bad guy. Record show's ya'lls record just isn't that good.

Yea, thats not fair at all. I know some very honorable officers that I consider friends and would do what ever I could if they needed help.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    No. They aren't all bad. Only the ones who would harrass law abiding citizens. Sadly, they've proven they are out there, and their fellow officers haven't been willing to bring them to heel.

Anyone remember Metro 40 or some such screen name?

There are far more percentage of people every day commiting crimes than police officers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom