• Status
    Not open for further replies.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Vagrancy Laws are Unconstitutional and ID can be obtained verbally from Name, DOB, etc. The only problem that I ever saw was when the person gave a phony name & DOB and that particular person had an active warrant. Using one's own correct info should not cause a problem unless you are wanted on a current warrant.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Dr phil has a saying that if you don't have anything to hide, why hide anything? Joe, I got a gut feeling you will be arrested for insubordination and make the rest of us gun owners look like jackwagons. snip.

Insubordination???

Where do you think you live? Have you forgotten how to be an American? Some of you people need to grab some neighbors, form a search party, go find your balls, and try to remember how to be a free citizen.

For the record, I can be as insubordinate as I wish. I can be a total ass to the cops. I can give them the finger if I wish. I can call the President of the United States a warped little boy lover and his wife a fornicator of goats.

If you don't like that, you are in the wrong damn country.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Awwww, does my exercising my first amendment right to an opinion offend you? I'm sorry. Funny, since you are always crying about your rights. All the reputation system here does is encourage the people who are intimidated by you not to post for fear of your response. If they turned it off, I'm guessing you would get a more accurate idea of how many people disagree with you.

Technically, you don't have a 1st Amendment right in a private forum... just saying..

Freelancer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So, you are for racial profiling then? I mean, would you rather people of color "suffer a bit of inconvenience and all ends well at the end of the day". Right?

Your assumptions are based on the incorrect notion that licensed gun owners are unsafe. Statistically, you could not be MORE wrong. Licensed gun owners make up a very tiny fraction of all convicted criminals. Period.

My carrying a gun does not make ANYONE unsafe. However, a LEO detaining a law abiding person in public, forcing them to disarm AND clear the weapon in that public place, IS VERY UNSAFE.
    Where were you to protest THAT? :dunno:
    The participants will have their weapons safely holster, or over their shoulder, not being fumbled with in public like law enforcement is wont to do..

It may be "tired" to you, but history shows that slippery slope is exactly how rights get taken away.

I noticed you didn't answer my question about being a gun owner...curious..

My assumption is based that until proven otherwise, someone openly carrying a gun is a threat. Walk into a Village Pantry with a shotgun and tell me if the guy behind the counter looks happy to see you.

Is this really that hard to understand?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    They only time you have to show ID is if you have committed a violation or an ordnance or Infraction.

Carrying a long arm does not fall in that parameter.

Now if Joe jaywalks, and wont produce the ID then hes going to have some issues.

I am only required to produce ID if I have it, AND commit an infraction. Even if I commit an infraction, I am required to identify myself, but nothing in the law requires me to carry paper ID.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Are those the same "common folk" that enjoy the other rights?

I prefer to not drive down Meridian street and see a bunch of Gays prancing around Military park every year but I dont back laws to ban it.

How dare you play the prancing card in this thread, Sir. Shame on you.

I hope this is sarcasm..

For the record, he has as much right to be against a Gay Pride parade as you do an Open Carry event.

Personally, I will defend YOUR right to your opinion, even though you are AGAINST my rights to Open Carry..

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    People who are too afraid to exercise their own 2A rights and quake in fear in their own living rooms at the thought of others doing so in public might want to start another thread entitled "Reasons why to keep your rights at home."

I'll wager that it would be a big hit.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I figured it out.

Freelancer is really SJ, saying all kinds of wrong things, to stir up the emotions of the open carriers, to increase turnout!

BRILLIANT!

Freelancer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Its post like this that make this most entertaining.

Corrected: "It's posts like this that make this the most entertaining."

Please use correct punctuation and grammar, our children could be reading this and we need to set proper examples.

Oh noes. Spelling flames. This is going south quick!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Awwww, does my exercising my first amendment right to an opinion offend you? I'm sorry. Funny, since you are always crying about your rights. All the reputation system here does is encourage the people who are intimidated by you not to post for fear of your response. If they turned it off, I'm guessing you would get a more accurate idea of how many people disagree with you.

How ironic, you talking about First Amendment rights, while calling people who disagree with you kooks.

You are an anti gunner, you probably don't own guns, you are merely a Brady Bunch plant here to cause trouble.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My assumption is based that until proven otherwise, someone openly carrying a gun is a threat. Walk into a Village Pantry with a shotgun and tell me if the guy behind the counter looks happy to see you.

Is this really that hard to understand?

I understand that you are either ignorant, or unwilling, to understand the facts. Public perception does not make truth. Facts make truth, and the fact is that licensed gun owners are overwhelmingly law abiding. That public perception is one of the things that I personally, would like to see changed through walks like this.

There was a time that public perception meant that certain minorities would cause the same reaction walking into a Village Pantry. Was the public fear justified, or based on truth? No!
    By your reasoning, if the public believes it, it is OK for them to practice it, so profiling, again, would be OK by you?

So I can only speak as long as I agree with you? That will certainly simplify our conversations!

Again, missing my point.
    Technically, 1st Amendment rights have nothing to do with a private place, such as a forum.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Don't Feed the Trolls !!! 15 Posts and all Anti OC in this one thread. Just someone who did not want to use his real User Name or "Ed, is that you" ? So Much for Libertarians being for the people and defending your constitutional Rights. It seems that they are just politicians :noway:

Freelancer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    How ironic, you talking about First Amendment rights, while calling people who disagree with you kooks.

You are an anti gunner, you probably don't own guns, you are merely a Brady Bunch plant here to cause trouble.

You need some new material. Seriously.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom