• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Guys, I really think we should the stop the infighting.

Lets try to make this thing go off in a positive way, its.... pretty much going to happen lets try to work toghether to make it happen "the right way", and turn around what SO FAR... sounds like a PR disaster for gun owners in Indy.

Nitpicking about who said what in what poll, and which Mod is on board with the OC agenda is.. fruitless.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I didn't think we needed one, are you volunteering

I'm not qualified to to that job sir. The problem is, I see no one posting here who appears to be qualified either.

The fact that you don't think you needed one is distressing. I fear that you are not prepared for this undertaking.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    but to sit back and basically remain neutral...what does that tell you?

INGO does not now, nor has ever, had a political agenda. INGO is a place for Indiana Gun Owners of all kinds to gather. INGO provides the venue, you provide the content.

If INGO wanted to take sides on the OC issue, we would've called the site "IndianaOpenCarry.com".

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Guys, I really think we should the stop the infighting.

Lets try to make this thing go off in a positive way, its.... pretty much going to happen lets try to work toghether to make it happen "the right way", and turn around what SO FAR... sounds like a PR disaster for gun owners in Indy.

Nitpicking about who said what in what poll, and which Mod is on board with the OC agenda is.. fruitless.

PR disaster? Who called the press and tried to make OC'ers look bad, trying to torpedo the event, who ambushed the organizers with a couple hours to respond? Hint, it wasn't the Indy Gardening Club. It was a gun owner, someone from one of these sites.

As Mike Hilton so graphically demonstrated, there are people here who regard their fellow gun owners with the same contempt as the Brady Bunch does, and who do not support a drive to protect and regain our rights. It is a mistake to assume that merely because someone is a member of this site or a gun owner, maybe even one you've shot with before, that they are our friend, or a friend of our rights.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    INGO does not now, nor has ever, had a political agenda. INGO is a place for Indiana Gun Owners of all kinds to gather. INGO provides the venue, you provide the content.

If INGO wanted to take sides on the OC issue, we would've called the site "IndianaConcealedCarry.com".

FIFY:D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

If INGO wanted to take sides on the OC issue, we would've called the site "IndianaOpenCarry.com".

It's not about OC or CC. I don't understand why everyone's twisting this to their personal agendas. It's about public education. It's about LE education. And maybe, some time down the road, a political agenda. But right now it's about education. Not someone's personal agenda.

If you don't support the 2A in general, why start a gun site? And if you do, why WOULDN'T you get behind us?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'm not qualified to to that job sir. The problem is, I see no one posting here who appears to be qualified either.

The fact that you don't think you needed one is distressing. I fear that you are not prepared for this undertaking.

originally I thought we might get 20 people and no media coverage so a media consultant didn't seem needed now I'm not sure

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Also, someone called the reporter sometime in the last couple days to have allowed them time to interview and contact all the people they did.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Informing the citizenry of their constitutional rights is not a political agenda...it is a constitutional rights agenda

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    originally I thought we might get 20 people and no media coverage so a media consultant didn't seem needed now I'm not sure

I believe he was just referring to a media spokesman. Someone to speak for the group. I believe we can all speak for ourselves and the movement pretty well.

I'd like to know why you (bwframe) don't think anyone here is qualified to do so? It's not like they're air an entire interview. Just pieces and parts that fit their agenda. And, like tonight, if nothing does fit their agenda, they'll just insert their own. I thought that was pretty well obvious.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Please understand, I mean no disrespect.
    However, this is exactly what I'm talking about. How could you plan an event, guaranteed to get you attention, on the busiest shopping day of the year and not plan for media attention?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom