Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I want to see the politician that introduces a bill and uses law abiding citizens as an example of why we need more gun laws.

Well, there are two currently in the Indiana Senate... neither introduced a bill, but both spoke against one a couple of years ago. Tom Wyss is one; Bob Deig is the other. The bill in question would have ended the state's ability to keep gun owners who hold LTCHs out of any state building or property, including the State House and any public school. Wyss challenged one of the other senators (I forget who) about gun owners at IU in Bloomington carrying at school or at bars. Deig told a story about a friend of his who was killed by her husband on a school bus she was driving... He had a pistol, as expected: He was a cop. She was disarmed because she was not. These were their examples, and the bill failed, barely.

The politicians you want to see? Go take a look at in.gov/legislative and you can see them. By the way, Sen. Deig will soon be sworn in in the House instead, and yes, all the antis to whom you refer are more than willing to pass more gun laws in response to the actions of law-abiding, peaceable people. You're fooling yourself if you believe anything less.

Blessings,
    Bill

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I guess there were no facts because the interview was denied until the event. At least the police did say that past events were peaceful.

Que I agreed to talk with her at the event because I think having a camera out there will help the cause more then anything I can say, but I did speak to her today.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I realize that many think that the only way to make a difference is through mass media... I disagree. They're disinclined to report fairly on issues that make them uncomfortable. You can hear it in their tone of voice when they ask questions.

It's all about numbers and marketing for broadcast and cable media.

I don't blame anyone involved with organizing this for not giving an interview. I say kudos for not pandering.

(Now, if you turned down an interview with John Stossel, that'd be a different story.)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not sure, but they showed a gun store with an indoor range. And the background just looked like Pop's and not Don's.

There were plenty of interviews. We even offered her answers to her questions on the other site and they didn't air them. She flat out lied about our side. As expected.

I didn't know that! Who spoke with her and why did she turn an interview around to say requests for an interview were denied until the day of the event. Also, were you the anonymous person she spoke with? If she has lied, I would certainly like to call her on that.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I guess there were no facts because the interview was denied until the event. At least the police did say that past events were peaceful.

Not correct. You are a member of the board where she was granted a written interview, and the opportunity to ask any question she wished. She did, in fact, ask questions, and got answers.

You forgot to mention that the police also said they are spying on us, despite the fact we have broken no laws, and given no indication we plan to do so.

I know you do not support the event.... I'm wondering, do you support the police spying on us given your dislike for the event?

Last edited:

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I didn't know that! Who spoke with her and why did she turn an interview around to say requests for an interview were denied until the day of the event. Also, were you the anonymous person she spoke with? If she has lied, I would certainly like to call her on that.

Here's a link to the interview.

OC carry lunch

Post 71 is the beginning of the interview.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Mike Hilton just buried his business with that comment.. I will never ever shop at Pop Guns ever again.

He's not buried his business. There are plenty of people who own guns, but do not support our rights.

They will not mind that Mike Hilton thinks gun owners are little children.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

I spoke with her and told her I would be glad to talk at the event

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    We all on here know the half truths and out right lies that the media will tell.

Anyone that has even been at an event that the media covers the next day know that they don't things like truth and integerity get in the way of the evening news.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I wonder how the media would paint LEOs for breaking the law, violating gun owner's rights?

It's like they would be caught between a rock and a hard place. On one hand, they try to bring to light all of the bad stuff happening within IMPD and yet, they are anti gun and try to paint us legal gun owners as bad guys too...:dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

We all spoke with her over on INS. She didn't air any of it. I did contact her, but never spoke with her. I did leave a message though.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I thought the responses were great from the involved people over at INS.

I wish I could have seen the news program!

So.. for someone who didnt see it... was there ANY positive ?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Maybe people won't call the cops when they see the OC'ers now that they know what's going on. That's about all I got.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Ed Coleman was supportive when interviewed, but the reporter said that he later changed his mind and now disagrees with the event...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que I agreed to talk with her at the event because I think having a camera out there will help the cause more then anything I can say, but I did speak to her today.

You may be right, but she spoke to an anonymous person, so I still wonder why some talking points were not issued? Even if the strategic decision to draw the media to the event was made, to allow them to say something off script should not have happened. Don't get me wrong, I am not throwing stones, but besides the posted documents you will be passing out, you will need some concise talking points that cannot be edited without taking the discussion totally out of context.

They will not give the walk more than three minutes, so the leader being able to answer these questions succinctly, will be advantageous:

1. Who are you?
    2. Why are you here?
    3. What rights are you demonstrating for?
    4. When were your rights violated and by whom?
    5. Where are you from?
    6. How will this demonstration help your effort?

Also, because we already have the ability/right to carry guns in Indiana, be ready to be set up as being against the police. That could be the perception and some would love nothing more than having a bunch of gun owners seemingly upset with the police department, to place the two at odds.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I wonder if any downtown retailers will notice any loss of revenue from people that will be too scared to come downtown on Black Friday after this evening's news report?

Does anyone think this is even a possibility?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom