Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, with all the respect in the world...it doesn't matter what we say to the media, they will twist it to their favor. I'm sure you've seen it yourself.

You are right, I have seen it happen; however without a paper trail or electronic communiqué, there is no proof. Also, said communication should be sent to more than one outlet. It's no guarantee that every story will be aired in a positive light, but a vanguard is better than a retreat.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Now we have some very well written folks on here, I'm going to need some help writing a media guide, ATFC has a handout that we will be distributing and I would like to use it as a template for the media guide but it is too long, so if anyone would like to help condense it PM me with your email and I'll send it over

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Just to put everyone at ease the 1 rule that will be followed no matter what is,

SE is not allowed to talk to the media!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not sure what to make of this. I asked Ed Coleman about his part of the story..

James Gibbons to Ed Coleman:
    Just curious..
    Was the WRTV story accurate? Did you really "change your mind" about the Open Carry event after the interview?

Ed Coleman:
    Yes I did. I found out from the INGunOwners forum that these guys intend to push the law to the limit in hopes of getting arrested. That is not the way to get your message across and may even hurt my efforts with the other councilors to get the handgun bans lifted. I have talked to moderators of the INGunOwners forum. I was asked to help put together an effective rally to help our cause. Not this in your face stuff these guys are planning. That will just create anger toward our cause.

Ed Coleman:
    I technically never changed my mind for the record. I never endorsed the group to begin with. After learning of their plans I decided not to endorse it at all.

For the record, this was on the front page of his Facebook, and public...

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Not sure what to make of this. I asked Ed Coleman about his part of the story..

For the record, this was on the front page of his Facebook, and public...

How did they interpret that...where is it indicated anywhere that anyone wants to get arrested? That's just a crazy twist of facts.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Indy City Councilman Ed Coleman was/is instrumental in trying to get the Indy City Parks gun ban lifted...
    So I am a little confused by his stance.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    He said he read it here :dunno:

Not quite. He said he found it out from INGO. If he'd read it for himself, I don't think he would have been able to reach that conclusion. His quote is below... read the whole thing.

Yes I did. I found out from the INGunOwners forum that these guys intend to push the law to the limit in hopes of getting arrested. That is not the way to get your message across and may even hurt my efforts with the other councilors to get the handgun bans lifted. I have talked to moderators of the INGunOwners forum. I was asked to help put together an effective rally to help our cause. Not this in your face stuff these guys are planning. That will just create anger toward our cause.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom