• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It's about public education. It's about LE education. And maybe, some time down the road, a political agenda. But right now it's about education. Not someone's personal agenda.

Education is an agenda. INGO has no agenda.

If you don't support the 2A in general, why start a gun site? And if you do, why WOULDN'T you get behind us?

Wow, that's a leap, even for you Ryan. You know better.

Informing the citizenry of their constitutional rights is not a political agenda...it is a constitutional rights agenda

Again, INGO has no agenda-- political, constitutional, or otherwise.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Please understand, I mean no disrespect.
    However, this is exactly what I'm talking about. How could you plan an event, guaranteed to get you attention, on the busiest shopping day of the year and not plan for media attention?

We've had a few before downtown with no media attention, I thought the media didn't care.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I don't expect INGO's support but a few mods showing up to support the members would be nice.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    It's not about OC or CC. I don't understand why everyone's twisting this to their personal agendas. It's about public education. It's about LE education. And maybe, some time down the road, a political agenda. But right now it's about education. Not someone's personal agenda.
    This is not however a function INGO is interesting in pursuing as an organization.

If you don't support the 2A in general, why start a gun site? And if you do, why WOULDN'T you get behind us?
    To bring firearm enthusiasts of all sorts together and provide an outlet for them to discuss with one another aspects of their interest in their specific interests.

People who shoot trap like to talk to people who shoot trap. People interested in self defense training can get together and discuss training options local and abroad.

People who hunt can discuss techniques and locations that relate to their specific game.

Notice ALL of these are valid Gun Site goals. None of which have to do with an agenda of education or political activism.

We don't stifle your ability to organize these events. But INGO as an organization isn't involved. It's NOT the purpose of this site.

Informing the citizenry of their constitutional rights is not a political agenda...it is a constitutional rights agenda

And is NOT an agenda of INGunOwners.com as an organization. See above.

Last edited by a moderator:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    And, frankly, they wouldn't have this time had a gun owner from one of the sites you posted this on not tried to do a hit job on the event.

I have to agree with Joe on this one, someone on 1 of the sites this is posted on had to have called Joanna.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    two-faced.jpg
    :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The two sites in question are public and open for anyone to read. To suggest a member from either called the media is reckless and could possibly start mess! That WILL NOT HAPPEN, so keep this discussion on the event.

There is time to ensure the event is successful and well-received, as long as intelligence and forward thinking prevail. If those attending fail to plan for the media, the media will certainly attempt to create a story. After all, the only news that day will be how much money was spent in Walmart on the latest gadget.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have to agree with Joe on this one, someone on 1 of the sites this is posted on had to have called Joanna.

That is very possible. Likely, even.

But do remember that INGO is publicly viewable. ANYONE in the world could've seen the event planning and tipped of the local media. It could've been someone in China for all we know.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Education is an agenda. INGO has no agenda.

Wow, that's a leap, even for you Ryan. You know better.

Again, INGO has no agenda-- political, constitutional, or otherwise.

This is not however a function INGO is interesting in pursuing as an organization.

To bring firearm enthusiasts of all sorts together and provide an outlet for them to discuss with one another aspects of their interest in their specific interests.

People who shoot trap like to talk to people who shoot trap. People interested in self defense training can get together and discuss training options local and abroad.

People who hunt can discuss techniques and locations that relate to their specific game.

Notice ALL of these are valid Gun Site goals. None of which have to do with an agenda of education or political activism.

We don't stifle your ability to organize these events. But INGO as an organization isn't involved. It's NOT the purpose of this site.

And is NOT an agenda of INGunOwners.com as an organization. See above.

So let me see if I understand this. INGO as an "organization" (wow, that's a leap from a forum...) has no interest in preserving gun rights. Gotcha. I'll make sure I don't get confused further.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd like to know why you (bwframe) don't think anyone here is qualified to do so? It's not like they're air an entire interview. Just pieces and parts that fit their agenda. And, like tonight, if nothing does fit their agenda, they'll just insert their own. I thought that was pretty well obvious.

You are right.
    It likely is just me who is concerned about you, or anyone else involved in this possible PR nightmare, representing me as an Indiana gun owner and INGO member.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Ok lets lay off the mods, they are doing what's best for the site.

we need to concentrate on how to make this a positive event, I'm going to need everyone who attends to help to make this a big positive for Gun owners in Indiana, fighting among ourselves helps no one.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    The two sites in question are public and open for anyone to read. To suggest a member from either called the media is reckless and could possibly start mess! That WILL NOT HAPPEN, so keep this discussion on the event.

There is time to ensure the event is successful and well-received, as long as intelligence and forward thinking prevail. If those attending fail to plan for the media, the media will certainly attempt to create a story. After all, the only news that day will be how much money was spent in Walmart on the latest gadget.

Que, with all the respect in the world...it doesn't matter what we say to the media, they will twist it to their favor. I'm sure you've seen it yourself.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    That is very possible. Likely, even.

But do remember that INGO is publicly viewable. ANYONE in the world could've seen the event planning and tipped of the local media. It could've been someone in China for all we know.

That's correct, I'm not even sure that the person who tipped Joanna didn't do it for a positive reason.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You are right.
    It likely is just me who is concerned about you, or anyone else involved in this possible PR nightmare, representing me as an Indiana gun owner and INGO member.

That's the whoooooooole problem here. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE focuses on the negative. It's what delayed the first Walk and it's what kept many from coming to the last two. It's likely what will keep people away from subsequent events until people start focusing on how to make it a dream come true. :twocents:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So let me see if I understand this. INGO as an "organization" (wow, that's a leap from a forum...) has no interest in preserving gun rights. Gotcha. I'll make sure I don't get confused further.

Definitions of organization

• a group of people who work together
    INGO isn't here to preserve gun rights. But, some people who actively post on INGO are here to preserve gun rights, like yourself for example.

INGO gives people like yourself a place to talk about preserving gun rights.

More clear?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    That's the whoooooooole problem here. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE focuses on the negative. It's what delayed the first Walk and it's what kept many from coming to the last two. It's likely what will keep people away from subsequent events until people start focusing on how to make it a dream come true. :twocents:

From the support we have seen out of the 12k plus members...looks like Indiana will be a repeat of Louisiana during Katrina if a real disaster ever hits this state.

198656-botched-robber-tries-to-hold-up-shop-with-toy-weapon-410x230.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom