• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wonder if any downtown retailers will notice any loss of revenue from people that will be too scared to come downtown on Black Friday after this evening's news report?

Does anyone think this is even a possibility?

I expect it now. Unless they get off their ass and report the REAL story here....

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I wonder if any downtown retailers will notice any loss of revenue from people that will be too scared to come downtown on Black Friday after this evening's news report?

Does anyone think this is even a possibility?

I think this is a possibility. But also, MORE people may come out because of curiousity.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No worries on our part? Really? What if they (the media) paint ALL gun owners as kooks and attention whores because of this? They throw the INGO name into the story and suddenly all 12k members of this site are kooks and attention whores. That's one concern I/we have. How do you not see that?

^^^^THIS^^^^

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The bit about the neutral position is EXACTLY what she was told. The site/staff do not endorse or condemn this, or any other activity that we did not directly have a hand in organizing.

No worries on our part? Really? What if they (the media) paint ALL gun owners as kooks and attention whores because of this? They throw the INGO name into the story and suddenly all 12k members of this site are kooks and attention whores. That's one concern I/we have. How do you not see that?

The story already painted ALL Indiana gun owners as kooks and attention whores! Personally, I think if a website with 12,000 members actually supported events like this, it would add some credibility...

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I won't let this biased story change my plans, I don't think I'll be talking to channel 6 if they show up though

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    The story already painted ALL Indiana gun owners as kooks and attention whores! Personally, I think if a website with 12,000 members actually supported events like this, it would add some credibility...

That is absolutely for sure...but to sit back and basically remain neutral...what does that tell you?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

vvvvThatvvvv

I do see it. What I don't see is you getting involved to make sure that doesn't happen.

And what happens if they do paint us all as kooks and attention whores? Aren't we already Right-Winged-Domestic-Extremists hell bent on taking over government first chance we get? Apparently because that's all the media ever says about us.

So why not get out there and explain otherwise? Why would you NOT want to get out there and defend yourself? If this goes bad and you put yourself out there, you look bad too. However, if this goes great and you put yourself out there, you look great too. If you don't get involved and it goes bad, you have no place to whine about it later. If it goes good and you don't get involved, you can't exactly say you were there to help.

Why can't you see THAT?

Apparently you guys don't watch much 2A news coverage....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Not correct. You are a member of the board where she was granted a written interview, and the opportunity to ask any question she wished. She did, in fact, ask questions, and got answers.

You forgot to mention that the police also said they are spying on us, despite the fact we have broken no laws, and given no indication we plan to do so.

I know you do not support the event.... I'm wondering, do you support the police spying on us given your dislike for the event?

Joe, you really know nothing about me, just like I know nothing about you. Also, I happen to be a member of INGO as well as the newest board in the state of Indiana, please check my join date when you get a chance! I do support the organizers of this event! I have openly voiced my concerns as well as communicated questions to the organizers who have been gracious enough to communicate their beliefs to me, which has caused me to better understand the reason for their demonstration.

Although I choose not to attend this particular event, which I believe is my right, others may not choose to attend events, which I would feel comfortable lending my strength.

I feel fine with the police looking at anything I post on INGO or the other forum, which I support. After all, just one of them may read something which may cause them NOT to draw down on me when they see me OC in their/my neighborhood. Besides, I have no expectation of privacy on the internet, at least on a forum which I know is open to public view. Lastly, I did not hear them say they have used some sort of illegal espionage to check our emails, nor did I actually hear the officer say they were "spying" on anyone. If I am wrong, I stand to be corrected.

So, please, next time ask if I am in support of something instead of assuming.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom