Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just remember this (not just SE, but EVERYONE in attendance) people WILL try to make you mad, and people WILL try to make you angry to get you to react. Have your patience cranked up to 100% on Friday. Treat anyone antagonizing you like a child saying "nya nya."

People will try to get you to be violent, and possibly even get you to draw a weapon just to prove that gun owners WANT to use their guns, don't do it.

I stated a long time ago that IMPD should probably be involved in this event, and I commend SJ for agreeing to meet with them. I understand why it was wanted to do this thing "impromptu" at the beginning but it's just not possible at this point. Well, it's possible, but not prudent.

Lead by example and be exactly what you want the world to view gun owners as, casual, calm, reasonable, and responsible. Don't let your ego get in the way of doing this. Don't yell back at hecklers. Don't make snarky comments. Do what you're there to do, and go home.

Well said Cru. A lot of substance IMO>

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Of course you know I am all for self defense. In this situation I would advise that since it is likely that IMPD will be there along with the group anyway, that it would be wiser to let them handle it rather than drawing and shooting someone.

I hope I am wording that correctly so that everyone understands that yes, if if something happened where you needed to stop an attacker, by all means, yes, stop the attacker. But we all use the phrase "we can't carry a cop around with us..." and all that... but if the police are right there, it would make a much better impression if THEY stop the whacko rather than someone showing that gun carriers in public aren't just looking for an excuse to shoot.

I'm sorry, but you have exhausted my rep from earlier. ;) :patriot:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Just got done reading "combat handguns", which has my new gun on the cover, i bought it while i was in the hospital to read.

Lo and behold, a Massad Ayoob article addressing OC. Specifically OC walks. And the legal ramifications of such activity, pros and cons.

Pretty interesting. He even touch on the "its about education" thing, kinda timely.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Massad Ayoob is also VERY anti-OC. He's a bit biased.

He may be personally against OC, but he supports it...

"Whether or not we choose to exercise it, we want to keep the right of open carry." - Massad Ayoob
    He even does it himself on occasion, when the need arises..

"One evening I found myself stopping on the way home from the range at a supermarket that must have had a hundred people in it. I was open-carrying the dark Kimber 45 cocked and locked in a black basketweave Gordon Davis thumb-break holster on a matching Bianchi dress gun belt, with black polo and black BDUs." - Massad Ayoob

If only all gun owners had the "..its not for me personally, but I support YOUR right to do it" attitude, eh?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    He may be personally against OC, but he supports it...

He even does it himself on occasion, when the need arises..

If only all gun owners had the "..its not for me personally, but I support YOUR right to do it" attitude, eh?

I wasn't aware that he even supported it. Of all the articles I've read on it he more or less calls people who OC stupid. Thanks for pointing all that above out, though. :)

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    ^^^^This. Bigs, I completely understand your point. I think we all do. The only really bad thing that could happen is if that idiot making comments on news stories follows through with the threats he's posted.

apparently I missed this part

I am tentatively planning on being there, will have to find a way to miss the 82nd st fiasco off 69 to get there though....lol If I make it, I'll be OC with the glock and CC with the sig....lol:):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    apparently I missed this part

I am tentatively planning on being there, will have to find a way to miss the 82nd st fiasco off 69 to get there though....lol If I make it, I'll be OC with the glock and CC with the sig....lol:):

I tried to find the post in the comments of the news article where the guy stated he would do everything he could to try to be shot by one of us, but between the 12 pages of comments and the possibility that someone deleted it, I couldn't find it.

And sure, hide the GOOD gun! :):

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I tried to find the post in the comments of the news article where the guy stated he would do everything he could to try to be shot by one of us, but between the 12 pages of comments and the possibility that someone deleted it, I couldn't find it.

And sure, hide the GOOD gun! :):
    It was there, I saw it.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I didnt get the idea he was anti-OC at all, in fact he talked about how he wanted OC in all 50 states.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom