dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I like Outdoor Life.

I do not subscribe.

That is all.

I like Ayoob, I have talked to him in person and I never got the idea he was conceited at all... not sure where that one came from. I think he is a stand up guy that has done a LOT of good.

I think his stance on OC is this...

Making Open Carry Safer | Gun Digest - The World's Foremost Gun Information Authority

"Some carry openly to make a statement about gun owners’ civil rights. I can sympathize with that. Some few do so to make a spectacle of themselves. No sympathy here. Either will experience the word “make” in another context: they will be “made” as someone carrying a deadly weapon in public.

The more the gun can “hide in plain sight” through discreet selection of the color of gun finish, stocks, holster, and surrounding clothing, the less trouble the exposed handgun will cause instead of quell.

The more difficult the gun is for an unauthorized user to get out of its holster, and the more difficult it is for an unauthorized person who gains control of it to activate, the better. These are not just political correctness issues. When you look at the number of people who have been killed with their own or their partners’ weapons in the history of law enforcement and professional security, you can see just how significant the risk is that we are talking about. Only a fool would ignore it.
    Open carry may not be this writer’s choice, but for many of our brothers and sisters, it is the only legal way they can be armed in public to protect themselves and their loved ones. Whether or not we choose to exercise it, we want to keep the right of open carry. The above advice is offered in the hope of doing so with maximum safety for ourselves and others."

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I totally understand your convictions, but all I see happening is No Firearms Permitted signs going up in places they might have not been before.

Yeah, but the more "No Firearms" signs, the more persecuted the general gun owning population will feel, the more they feel like the only place they are allowed to carry guns is their own homes, the more politically active they will get, the more politically active they get, pretty soon we get laws against allowing people to have "No Firearms" signs!

In the end, all the signs are gone, we all carry a nice AK sidefolder to work, and get to show off our superslick 1911s. Life is Good.

Get it! It has to get worse, before it gets better.

The GOAL is to make it worse, so that it can get better.

FAN THE FLAMES OF CONTROVERSY.

We have to let the current system collapse, before a better one gets put in its place.

Wait.. wait... <head snaps back on right> .. whew. I think I just put some pressure on my "Crazy Nerve"... whew. Back to normal.

Honeslty man, I wouldnt worry about it. Its all going to be a non-event in the end, nobody will put up any signs, and a few people will be made more aware of the liberties they currently have here in Indiana.

Thats it. no sky is falling. :yesway:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Hey Joe, give us a little chest thump. I think they are talking about you.

Isnt it odd that the orginizer of the event, and this K40 guy, both have k40 in their name?

Bizzaro...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

So much for the Police Chief's statement about not tolerating an us v them attitude, eh?

The one guy and his "how do we know if a guy carrying a gun is a good guy or bad guy?" rant is laughable. Yes, we know how many thugs and gang bangers OC, so his fear is understandable...:rolleyes:

The sad thing is, one would think that a LEO would know the facts and statistics about licensed gun owners, instead of operating under the same misconceptions and lies perpetrated by the media, that "gun owners are bad".

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Rifle toters trolling for drama at the City Market

This part bothers me.

"What rights were violated during this incident? Did the police department that you supposedly worked for not have the authority to control a scene and all weapons present when conducting an investigation of suspicious or unusual activity? There are several court decisions that weigh officer safety over minimal intrusions on a person's rights. I'm pretty sure that the attention whores were released after they were determined to be within the law. Nobody was arrested. One was handcuffed when he refused to comply with an officer's request. Funny how you don't know this, being an alleged retired officer, but it generally makes police nervous when armed people refuse to cooperate. Thus, the handcuffs.

Don't like it? Sue. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a judge who sees it your way. Or maybe not. That's the way it works. Maybe along the way, you'll lose a little of the social retardation and see that, unlike Burger King, you really can't have it all your way every time. I guess if only the founding fathers knew the wisdom of random internet posters, they could have just nixed the entire judicial branch and just take a poll on INGO.

"

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So much for the Police Chief's statement about not tolerating an us v them attitude, eh?

The one guy and his "how do we know if a guy carrying a gun is a good guy or bad guy?" rant is laughable. Yes, we know how many thugs and gang bangers OC, so his fear is understandable...:rolleyes:

The sad thing is, one would think that a LEO would know the facts and statistics about licensed gun owners, instead of operating under the same misconceptions and lies perpetrated by the media, that "gun owners are bad".

They know the laws, and the facts, and the statistics. They simply hate our freedom, and the fact that we are free citizens. Officers like that are criminals, as is being amply demonstrated by IMPD's current issues.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Yikes is right. I am and have always been pro-LEO. But the attitude of those guys makes me wonder...

Those are the guys that cops like Denny, Frank, some others need to control and eradicate from their ranks. They think the badge makes them special, elevates them above their fellow Americans, makes us serfs.

The shield doesn't deserve that

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Those guys over on Officer. Com are exactly what's wrong with cops, it's attitudes like theirs that give LEO's a bad name.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I love the one guy trying to equate someone buying groceries or having lunch with an exboyfriend walking around with a gun in his hand, it's almost funny if it wasn't so stupid

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    apparently I missed this part

I am tentatively planning on being there, will have to find a way to miss the 82nd st fiasco off 69 to get there though....lol If I make it, I'll be OC with the glock and CC with the sig....lol:):

I'm really thinking about going with you as well as we already talked about. I'm sure we can find a way around 82nd st :):

If I come it will be one of the 1911's OC with one of my others CC.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwQQSo9YX4"]YouTube - Santa Fe Police Confront Man for Open Carring Legally[/ame]

Huh. What a mess. I imagine this is the sort of messed up junk that you guys have to be prepared for. Which I think you are.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    LOL.....

"Maybe we have, like me and my ex-wives, a communication problem".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkUj7CdOpTI]YouTube - Open Carry detention in St Charles Missouri 1of2[/ame]

I honestly feel bad for this policeman...poor guy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom