ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Was this directed at me????

Not at anyone directly...

We have already shown that two walks went off without any issues and this one will be no different, yet there is continual reasons that are being brought up as to why this will not turn out good. I see this as continual jabs trying to make us look unorganized when we are perfectly capable of handling this event.
    Multiple messages are perfectly fine, but if someone has a rule book that says differently, please share with the rest.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    This event is about education, the reasons why people are attending is different, I don't know why that is such a big deal:dunno:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Use the urinal and stop pissing on our parade.

:+1:

I just want to go on the record as saying THIS.

It's EASY to sit back, and armchair QB, and say "you should do this" or "you should not do that" or "blah blah blah etc. etc. etc." about this event. That's the extremely easy part.

It's also easy to sit around and complain about how the world is a bad place, or that we don't like thing X or thing Y the government, or school board, or whoever is doing...

The DIFFICULT thing is to do something about it. Whether you agree or disagree with SJ for organizing this event, or with ATF for being pissed off for being handcuffed, or with IM for carrying an MP5 downtown, or with JW for choosing to carry a rifle with no ID.... at least they are doing SOMETHING.

They are taking a stand for what they believe in. They're doing more than sitting at a computer and typing words and playing captain hindsight.

I may or may not agree with everyone on this board. But I RESPECT those that choose to actually stand up for what they believe.

NOBODY on THIS or ANY forum has the right to say who does or does not belong participating in this or any other event. PERIOD.

And THAT is MY OPINION. F*** the two pennies icon.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I guess since every group has to come together for only one reason then Fenway should just close the forum because I doubt this group of over 11,000 is all here for the same reason.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    And I think that is a HUGE reason why there are guys who are against this event. But again, this is all my :twocents:

I disagree with this point.

Most people subscribe to the theory to not cause waves in life.(we call them sheep) Those are the same ones that will sit on their ass and watch laws get passed and accept it as life. Those are the same naysayers.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

And I think that is a HUGE reason why there are guys who are against this event. But again, this is all my :twocents:

Yes, I think you are right. Your entire post goes to a need to control. Control what others do. Control what others think. Control why we choose to participate in a political exercise, and what we are allowed to say, do and think.

Folks who cannot have that level of control over others won't be real happy about others showing off their freedom.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My statement(s) wasn't about Tee Party or any other organization. However, I would say that if you ask anyone about what the Tea Party stands for, they will say "less government; less spending; and less intrusion." They will be able to break down what each "less-than" statement means to some degree, because the Tea Party has sent that same message to the media and participants. By doing this, their overall message has not been tainted by what others have attempted to interject in their message.

I've not attacked anyone, neither have I attempted to arm chair QB this event. I was providing my thoughts, right or wrong, which is what makes a forum like this a great place to be. I will admit my feelings about the rights of others was poor and I will need to re-evaluate that statement.

SJ, I wish you well.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    My statement(s) wasn't about Tee Party or any other organization. However, I would say that if you ask anyone about what the Tea Party stands for, they will say "less government; less spending; and less intrusion." They will be able to break down what each "less-than" statement means to some degree, because the Tea Party has sent that same message to the media and participants. By doing this, their overall message has not been tainted by what others have attempted to interject in their message.

I've not attacked anyone, neither have I attempted to arm chair QB this event. I was providing my thoughts, right or wrong, which is what makes a forum like this a great place to be. I will admit my feelings about the rights of others was poor and I will need to re-evaluate that statement.

SJ, I wish you well.

Really? I recall Sarah Palin reinforcing the military's presence over seas...that is not what I went to the Teas Parties for.:rolleyes:

Sarah tainted the Tea Party.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

You are one of the few that understand how to express concern (generally) without appearing condescending (to me). However I think several other people do not fall into this category.

I still stand by my previous post.

(I only assume this was in response to my post because of the same verbiage, I could be wrong ;) )

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I understand folks getting mad at the second guessing and questioning of the event.

But, the simple fact is that those participating in the OC walk are representing thousands and thousands of other gun owners. Whether you like it or not, how the walk goes down will affect all of us.

If something less than ideal happens at the walk and the media covers it, I guarantee you at least 25 people I know will be asking me about it and lumping me in with those folks participating.

I think that's why there has been some concern. Those participating are ultimately representing all of us, whether we choose it or not.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I understand folks getting mad at the second guessing and questioning of the event.

But, the simple fact is that those participating in the OC walk are representing thousands and thousands of other gun owners. Whether you like it or not, how the walk goes down will affect all of us.

If something less than ideal happens at the walk and the media covers it, I guarantee you at least 25 people I know will be asking me about it and lumping me in with those folks participating.

I think that's why there has been some concern. Those participating are ultimately representing all of us, whether we choose it or not.

Well, then at least you'd understand how Frank feels here lately.;)

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    If people are really that concerned about the event then they should attend to make sure nothing bad happens IMO.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If people are really that concerned about the event then they should attend to make sure nothing bad happens IMO.
    Personally speaking, I'm not that concerned.

I really don't think anything bad will happen. And, I know there are some great folks participating. I was just trying to explain why people are offering opinions instead of just shutting up.

SJ- you are a good guy. I think you are doing a great job getting this thing planned and implemented. Please don't let any of my concerns indicate anything otherwise.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Personally speaking, I'm not that concerned.

I really don't think anything bad will happen. And, I know there are some great folks participating. I was just trying to explain why people are offering opinions instead of just shutting up.

SJ- you are a good guy. I think you are doing a great job getting this thing planned and implemented. Please don't let any of my concerns indicate anything otherwise.

Big I'm just trying to get more people there, I'm not concerned about the group at all, I'm a little concerned about some loon trying something, but that will be addressed tomorrow.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

^^^^This. Bigs, I completely understand your point. I think we all do. The only really bad thing that could happen is if that idiot making comments on news stories follows through with the threats he's posted.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    ^^^^This. Bigs, I completely understand your point. I think we all do. The only really bad thing that could happen is if that idiot making comments on news stories follows through with the threats he's posted.

Just remember this (not just SE, but EVERYONE in attendance) people WILL try to make you mad, and people WILL try to make you angry to get you to react. Have your patience cranked up to 100% on Friday. Treat anyone antagonizing you like a child saying "nya nya."

People will try to get you to be violent, and possibly even get you to draw a weapon just to prove that gun owners WANT to use their guns, don't do it.

I stated a long time ago that IMPD should probably be involved in this event, and I commend SJ for agreeing to meet with them. I understand why it was wanted to do this thing "impromptu" at the beginning but it's just not possible at this point. Well, it's possible, but not prudent.

Lead by example and be exactly what you want the world to view gun owners as, casual, calm, reasonable, and responsible. Don't let your ego get in the way of doing this. Don't yell back at hecklers. Don't make snarky comments. Do what you're there to do, and go home.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Just remember this (not just SE, but EVERYONE in attendance) people WILL try to make you mad, and people WILL try to make you angry to get you to react. Have your patience cranked up to 100% on Friday. Treat anyone antagonizing you like a child saying "nya nya."

People will try to get you to be violent, and possibly even get you to draw a weapon just to prove that gun owners WANT to use their guns, don't do it.

I stated a long time ago that IMPD should probably be involved in this event, and I commend SJ for agreeing to meet with them. I understand why it was wanted to do this thing "impromptu" at the beginning but it's just not possible at this point. Well, it's possible, but not prudent.

Lead by example and be exactly what you want the world to view gun owners as, casual, calm, reasonable, and responsible. Don't let your ego get in the way of doing this. Don't yell back at hecklers. Don't make snarky comments. Do what you're there to do, and go home.

Well said, Cru. Reps incoming.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

And your advice was always pointed out at past events. We EXPECTED people to do such things. I think the reason it didn't happen is that people are all talk on the internet and, when it comes to confronting 30+ people armed to the teeth, they become cowards.

Only a really psycho person is going to attack a group of armed men. It just doesn't happen. Save for a riot, of course. If this event causes a riot, I think THEN maybe we could rethink how we go about it, but I'd bet my first born this event wouldn't cause a riot. :):

The key when someone comes up to you trying to provoke you is to smile at them. Tell them you love them. Tell them God loves them. Whatever. Don't give in to the anger. Personally, I would be flabbergasted if someone was dumb enough to come up to us provoking us. However, if someone came up to us threatening our lives, I would hope you wouldn't advocate us not defending ourselves. Sticks and stones are one thing. An actual threat is another.

However, I SERIOUSLY don't see anyone being stupid enough to challenge a group of armed men and women. Especially with children present.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    However, if someone came up to us threatening our lives, I would hope you wouldn't advocate us not defending ourselves. Sticks and stones are one thing. An actual threat is another.

Of course you know I am all for self defense. In this situation I would advise that since it is likely that IMPD will be there along with the group anyway, that it would be wiser to let them handle it rather than drawing and shooting someone.

I hope I am wording that correctly so that everyone understands that yes, if if something happened where you needed to stop an attacker, by all means, yes, stop the attacker. But we all use the phrase "we can't carry a cop around with us..." and all that... but if the police are right there, it would make a much better impression if THEY stop the whacko rather than someone showing that gun carriers in public aren't just looking for an excuse to shoot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom