• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The other two times we walked there was no issue with that at all...they led and followed us, that was about it.

2 reasons I wanted to talk to IMPD, first off i'm concerned about the safety of our group after reading and hearing about some of the threats and 2nd to get them to not shadow us with cars, at no time will I agree to any rules about how or what we carry.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have a couple legitimate questions...

What makes this event so much different than the last two? Why are all you people so worried that THIS event will set back gun-rights efforts when the other two went over perfectly?

There was none of this prior to the last two events. Sure, there were a couple people here and there saying this was a bad idea, but NOTHING to this extent. I contacted every news outlet and anti-gun organization in the Country telling them about both events, yet no one freaked out. All of a sudden we have a few people in the media take notice and 90% of this board is running around like their heads are on fire saying "Ohz Noez! Our rightz will be taken zeway!!!"

Know what happened after our other two events? Nothing. Nada. And we didn't even get so much as a congratulations from those who freaked out.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    2 reasons I wanted to talk to IMPD, first off i'm concerned about the safety of our group after reading and hearing about some of the threats and 2nd to get them to not shadow us with cars, at no time will I agree to any rules about how or what we carry.

OK. That's what I was wondering.

I'm hoping it will be a fun event, no hassles, no crappy weather.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

What makes this event so much different than the last two? Why are all you people so worried that THIS event will set back gun-rights efforts when the other two went over perfectly?

There was none of this prior to the last two events. Sure, there were a couple people here and there saying this was a bad idea, but NOTHING to this extent. I contacted every news outlet and anti-gun organization in the Country telling them about both events, yet no one freaked out. All of a sudden we have a few people in the media take notice and 90% of this board is running around like their heads are on fire saying "Ohz Noez! Our rightz will be taken zeway!!!"

Know what happened after our other two events? Nothing. Nada. And we didn't even get so much as a congratulations from those who freaked out.

FEAR MONGERING! And they couldn't say, "I told you so":rolleyes:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

It's because the media used the timing of black friday to try and boost ratings. The liberal media could also use the fear of "scaring away shoppers" to swing some neutral business owners to the "I don't want guns around" side. I'm not saying I agree with these things, they are just why I think it's made a bigger story than it probably needs to be.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    FEAR MONGERING! And they couldn't say, "I told you so":rolleyes:

I think the same thing. But I want to hear from these people doing and saying these things.

Where were all you people the last two times? Why is this media attention THIS time freaking you all out NOW?

It's because the media used the timing of black friday to try and boost ratings. The liberal media could also use the fear of "scaring away shoppers" to swing some neutral business owners to the "I don't want guns around" side. I'm not saying I agree with these things, they are just why I think it's made a bigger story than it probably needs to be.

Oh, I think we all know why the MEDIA is spinning it this way. I completely expected this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't **** me off.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I think the same thing. But I want to hear from these people doing and saying these things.

Where were all you people the last two times? Why is this media attention THIS time freaking you all out NOW?

Oh, I think we all know why the MEDIA is spinning it this way. I completely expected this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't **** me off.
    I wasn't there the last time because I was working a job that didn't allow me to control my schedule. Now, I'm back at my old job and can get days off.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

There are eleven thousand members on INGO. I have not seen 9100 of them freaking out. I have seen maybe 10. You are sensationalizing too, Savage, just like the media does... It may be time for a :chillpill: and/or a :40oz:.

YMMV

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    There are eleven thousand members on INGO. I have not seen 9100 of them freaking out. I have seen maybe 10. You are sensationalizing too, Savage, just like the media does... It may be time for a :chillpill: and/or a :40oz:.

YMMV

Oh really? You are going to take a turn of phrase, and use it to attack those you disagree with? That's pretty pathetic.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Don't you start in on me Joe. I'm trying to illustrate to Savage that he is getting maybe a little too worked up about this. I'm not attacking or disagreeing with anyone here, simply pointing out that the statement he made about 90% of folks here "freaking out" is sensationalism as much as when the media paints all gun owners with the same broad brush. 90% of INGOers "disagreeing" with what you guys are doing isn't any more correct than the media saying that 90% of gun owners are "kooks" or something similar.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

YMMV

Don't you start in on me Joe. I'm trying to illustrate to Savage that he is getting maybe a little too worked up about this. I'm not attacking or disagreeing with anyone here, simply pointing out that the statement he made about 90% of folks here "freaking out" is sensationalism as much as when the media paints all gun owners with the same broad brush. 90% of INGOers "disagreeing" with what you guys are doing isn't any more correct than the media saying that 90% of gun owners are "kooks" or something similar.

rolleyes.gif

I couldn't find a larger one.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

YMMV

Lets not sensationalize the number of INGO members, as we all know many of these accounts have signed up never to return again.
    Mods will delete posts and threads, but not dead accounts...must be some benefit to that tactic...kinda like the media...it is all about ratings. I can see why it would be something to brag to advertisers about.:rolleyes:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Lets not sensationalize the number of INGO members, as we all know many of these accounts have signed up never to return again.
    Mods will delete posts and threads, but not dead accounts...must be some benefit to that tactic...kinda like the media...it is all about ratings. I can see why it would be something to brag to advertisers about.:rolleyes:

Enough with the tinfoil. We don't delete accounts because we have no way of knowing if the particular members are actively reading this board or not. It would do more harm than good to remove inactive accounts. If someone registered, posted a couple of times and then didn't log on for a year and then tried to post only to find that their account had been deleted, that would be bad. In fact, I don't know of ANY forum that deletes inactive accounts. Actually we had a similar conversation on TFL just recently. There are a quarter million or so accounts on TFL and some haven't been active since the late '90s. Heck, I have been a TFL member for quite a few years and I have gone up to 12 months between posts. Do you guys really think there is a hidden agenda behind every single dang thing that the staff posts on this board? Really?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We don't delete accounts because we have no way of knowing if the particular members are actively reading this board or not. It would do more harm than good to remove inactive accounts. If someone registered, posted a couple of times and then didn't log on for a year and then tried to post only to find that their account had been deleted, that would be bad. In fact, I don't know of ANY forum that deletes inactive accounts. Actually we had a similar conversation on TFL just recently. There are a quarter million or so accounts on TFL and some haven't been active since the late '90s :o

orly_white_cat.jpg

Total Posts
    Albums
    General Information

You're last activity was 1 minute ago, viewing this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom