• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    People who are too afraid to exercise their own 2A rights and quake in fear in their own living rooms at the thought of others doing so in public might want to start another thread entitled "Reasons why to keep your rights at home."

I'll wager that it would be a big hit.

I am out of rep, but this is so deserving. :yesway:

Maybe they could start their own..... ah nevermind. :D

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    oh and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE prove me wrong.

Not in a witty response to my post, but next Friday in your actions. PROVE ME WRONG I beg you.

This post is NOT purple, no sarcasm intended, I truly hope you prove me wrong. It would be good for everyone.

I'm guessing you can't comprehend the fact that we have done this before without incident.
    The police and media are both aware now and most likely will be following along with us.
    What kind of scenario do you forsee?
    I see us going on a walk, handing out fliers, talking to people who might have questions and then going to grab a bite to eat.
    Before the first event we had the same kind of doomsday "what if"ers telling us how bad we would make gun owners look.
    Both events were uneventful and fun.
    Some still view the world through the lens of the antis, those of us who choose to get out into the public don't.
    We don't allow the negativity to guide us.
    This walk will be a much more low key then most of you think.
    If you want an education yourself. Come take a walk. Leave your gun at home and just observe how people react.
    IT WILL SURPRISE YOU!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Leaving your pistol at home for the sole purpose of not needing to provide any ID if the cops ask sounds like you are hoping for some interaction. You are hoping they ask for your LTCH so you can rub it in their faces that you don't need one (nor an ID).

When someone who carries a pistol every day of their lives leaves it at home so they won't have to provide the cops ID, that says something.

Those comments were in fact what swayed me on this whole thing. It really demonstrated what your true intentions are.

No IDs were requested during the first two walks.:dunno:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    So you'd like to mock my for my service to our country Indy Monkey? I expect nothing better from you.

I know exactly who you are and will be sure to reintroduce myself in person.

Just so you can prepare your comeback most Marines describe themselves as former. It's a way to say "I'm a Marine" without accidentally misleading people into thinking you are a active duty Marine.

I honorably served our country for ten years. You will either apologize for the dishonorable comment or see a dentist.

Punk.

Real smart knowing how closely this thread is being monitored and by who. :n00b:

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    The Scenario...

My friend continues to ride her bicycle on the busy street. She is hit by a car and killed.

You do the Black Friday walk. A LEO approaches and asks for your ID. You refuse on the grounds you have done nothing wrong and there is no legal basis for his request. The LEO get flustered and things go down hill to the point you are disarmed and in cuffs. We all know that it can happen, as it did recently. All the while this is being recorded by the media.

Results...

It is little consolation to my friend and her family that she was within her legal rights to ride on the busy street, she is dead.

It is little consolation to the 2A movement that you were within your legal rights as the media spreads video of a crazy man carrying a long gun in downtown Indy who refused a simple request from a LEO to show his ID and ended up being cuffed.

Yeah you can fight it and should legally win. I'll bet your version of the story will not get near the coverage as the more "news worthy" shots of you being cuffed.

Who wins, the 2A movement or the anti 2A movement?

All I am saying is pick your fights wisely.

Anytime your rights have been violated is a battle worth fighting.

How about it's a war worth fighting, however one should choose their battles wisely.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    IM, I've wanted to ask you that for a while. :laugh:
    14 in the head, 37 on my DL. Heck, I still play kickball with the neighborhood kids from time to time.

The reason I ask is because I want to know what laws were passed on his watch and what he has done to be proactive to protect our rights.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I see he is a retired Helicopter pilot. That means he should of been old enough to been active in trying to stop the machine gun ban of 1986. Im interested in what he did to try to protect our rights to own guns.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Can I ask what your age is?

I am 62 years old. Old enough to know the old pilot's saying is valid.

"There are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old bold pilots."

What I have been trying to convey, poorly evidently, is one can be more effective in a war by choosing one's battles, therefore knowing the odds are you will come out on top.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I see he is a retired Helicopter pilot. That means he should of been old enough to been active in trying to stop the machine gun ban of 1986. Im interested in what he did to try to protect our rights to own guns.

I am a retired US Army Warrant Officer helicopter pilot. I have a Purple Heart and a Distinguished Flying Cross on my den wall. I feel no need to justify what I have done to protect any of your rights.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You have my utmost respect for the career that you selected.
    Heck, depending on where you ended your career I might of rode in one of your copters at ft.Sam while I was there doing medic training.

What battle is worth fighting? Where's the line?

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    You have my utmost respect for the career that you selected.
    Heck, depending on where you ended your career I might of rode in one of your copters at ft.Sam while I was there doing medic training.

What battle is worth fighting? Where's the line?

Missed carrying anyone, I flew gunships.

See post #930.

What I have been saying is I believe it wiser to not do the battle of "I don't have to show an ID", when fighting the 2A war. When dealing with LEO I have found a non confrontational approach more effective. I have never had a speeding ticket. Not saying I have never been pulled over, just no tickets.

"I will be happy to show you my ID officer, however we both know that legally I am not required to do so." Maybe an educational moment rather than a confrontational moment?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Gotcha, that makes sense to me.

I have educated people in the past about the laws of Indiana concerning guns, police officers included.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom