Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Two small points, suggestions, or even requests, if I could:

1. Bring video cameras. Several. And have the videographers not carry and stand apart from the group. That way no matter what happens, there will be independent footage. Videographers must be ready to stay apart and not join into anything. Just film.

2. Have defined/written goals, and have an after action report structure in place before the event that can help evaluate what goals were accomplished, which were not, and what could be done better next time. This will be very important for the future events to follow. If you do not have this pre-positioned, the usefulness of what follows will be suspect and far less useful.

Again, your hearts must be happy a cheerful if you are educators. If you are angry, you will simply become protestors and the chance of needing bail $ will
    go up while the ability of people to listen will go down.

Happy to be able to own firearms.
    Happy to be able to OC.
    Happy to be able to disagree without fear of harm.
    Happy to see others exercising the same rights in the form of a counter protest.
    Happy to be out and about with family and friends.
    Happy to be professional, curteous, kind, cheerful, and brave.
    Happy to be with LEO's who live under the same laws as all others.
    Happy to be happy.

You get the point,
    Techres

Great post

paulhager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I caught just the tail end of a news report about your political OC carry activities. I've had quite a lot of experience with open carry here in Indiana. I engaged in a 9 month long sociological "experiement" and political action here in Monroe County running from December 2000 to September 2001. I wrote up my experiences on my "Why I Carry" site at Why I Carry.

If you read through the account, it should give you some idea of what to expect. One thing I did that was very important - and I think you folks are doing the same thing - is to make sure that what you are doing and WHY you are doing it is well publicized. I issued major press releases, which got lots of play at the time in both the Indy Star and the Bloomingon paper. If the authorities (1) know what you are doing, and (2) know it is perfectly legal, it cuts down on the hassle factor.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

I'm glad to see folks are finally engaging in political activism on this. It is a very important issue. Good luck!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I caught just the tail end of a news report about your political OC carry activities. I've had quite a lot of experience with open carry here in Indiana. I engaged in a 9 month long sociological "experiement" and political action here in Monroe County running from December 2000 to September 2001. I wrote up my experiences on my "Why I Carry" site at Why I Carry.

If you read through the account, it should give you some idea of what to expect. One thing I did that was very important - and I think you folks are doing the same thing - is to make sure that what you are doing and WHY you are doing it is well publicized. I issued major press releases, which got lots of play at the time in both the Indy Star and the Bloomingon paper. If the authorities (1) know what you are doing, and (2) know it is perfectly legal, it cuts down on the hassle factor.

I'm glad to see folks are finally engaging in political activism on this. It is a very important issue. Good luck!

Paul,

Welcome to INGO, and thank you for taking the time to share your research with us! Your page is bookmarked, and I have a lot of reading to do!

Take care..

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Paul, very good stuff you have provided on your site.

I hope I can use you as a resource for building up my site myrighttocarry.com

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

Welcome to INGO Paul, I look forward to reading your site

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Awwww, does my exercising my first amendment right to an opinion offend you? I'm sorry. Funny, since you are always crying about your rights. All the reputation system here does is encourage the people who are intimidated by you not to post for fear of your response. If they turned it off, I'm guessing you would get a more accurate idea of how many people disagree with you.
    I have disagreed with people strongly on this forum, yet my rep is very much in tact. I did receive one neg rep, but that guy misunderstood what I was saying, and he + repped me when he could.

I walked into my local VP with my rifle case, the clerk joined me and 3 LEO's that were checking out my 15-22.

I have no doubt I would be welcome with any kind of weapon slung in my local VP.
    Really? That is pretty cool! They must know you, and I guess that means you have done some teaching?

The guys will be walking with stolen guns? :):

Just trying to lighten things up a bit. This entire event is certainly not worth creating ill will amongst each other. This is an interesting thread and an opportunity to civilly share information with other.
    Still, stirring the pot, from time to time, has it's merits.

After continuing to read this, it has become obvious.

This isn't about education. It isn't about creating a positive public image of gun owners.

Its about saying "I can do this and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it."...
    I'm not sure you and I are reading the same thread.

Leaving your pistol at home for the sole purpose of not needing to provide any ID if the cops ask sounds like you are hoping for some interaction. You are hoping they ask for your LTCH so you can rub it in their faces that you don't need one (nor an ID).

When someone who carries a pistol every day of their lives leaves it at home so they won't have to provide the cops ID, that says something.
    See that wasn't my take on what he said at all. In fact, unless I missed something, he wasn't discouraging others from open carrying their handguns.
    Those comments were in fact what swayed me on this whole thing. It really demonstrated what your true intentions are.
    It sounded to me like he was leaving his pistol at home because he didn't want to give police any justification to ask for his ID. If he had said "I am taking the bus to the event so that I don't have to carry my drivers license" would that make his intentions seem bad to you?
    What am I missing?:dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    So you'd like to mock my for my service to our country Indy Monkey? I expect nothing better from you.

I know exactly who you are and will be sure to reintroduce myself in person.

Just so you can prepare your comeback most Marines describe themselves as former. It's a way to say "I'm a Marine" without accidentally misleading people into thinking you are a active duty Marine.

I honorably served our country for ten years. You will either apologize for the dishonorable comment or see a dentist.

Punk.
    I am a Marine, Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine.... former is good too, NOT Ex..... now, I do not want banned, or infracted, but I read this as a threat, IANAL, nor am I LEO, but you have posted a threat of bodily harm, in a public forum, that is being monitored, by LEO, a threat of bodily harm, is a misdemeanor, if I am correct.... any LEO or lawyer want to comment ????? :twocents: :patriot:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There's another thread here called "INGO member in handcuffs", referring to an OC walk downtown and whatnot.

Does anyone expect this sort of violation of rights to happen at this event? I'm really not interested in getting into trouble (due to corrupt/uneducated cops) and then getting the run-around if I try to file a formal complaint.

Those sorts of threads REALLY discourage me from wanting to attend this event. I want to go, but I don't want to be encountered by a LEO looking to start something with us.

Unfortunately, when it comes down to it, it's their word against ours, and they're likely to have the advantage.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    There's another thread here called "INGO member in handcuffs", referring to an OC walk downtown and whatnot.

Does anyone expect this sort of violation of rights to happen at this event? I'm really not interested in getting into trouble (due to corrupt/uneducated cops) and then getting the run-around if I try to file a formal complaint.

Those sorts of threads REALLY discourage me from wanting to attend this event. I want to go, but I don't want to be encountered by a LEO looking to start something with us.

Unfortunately, when it comes down to it, it's their word against ours, and they're likely to have the advantage.

No, there is a meeting planed with IMPD about the walk and Im sure there will be officers there with us.

The difference is they will be prepared for us.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    No, there is a meeting planed with IMPD about the walk and Im sure there will be officers there with us.

The difference is they will be prepared for us.

What will be the role of these officers, and why weren't the participants made aware? Are these officers going to be under the impression that we will be under their control in any way, or that they are going to have any input into what and how we choose to carry?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Joe I'm just guessing from the way the events went in the past in what the officers have done when they knew it was going on.

It has been posted by sj that a meeting was planned with impd.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    What will be the role of these officers, and why weren't the participants made aware? Are these officers going to be under the impression that we will be under their control in any way, or that they are going to have any input into what and how we choose to carry?

Anyone telling me how to carry will get the same response I gave that led to my illegal detainment and seizure.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Are these officers going to be under the impression that we will be under their control in any way, or that they are going to have any input into what and how we choose to carry?

Really? Does any of that really make sense to you after you wrote it?

WTF

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom