• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I have an idea I'd like to share on carrying rifles. I think to make a show of safety that all applicable rifles should have chamber flags showing they are safe. Also for people watching, I think putting an american flag with a wooden stick down the barrel could help lighten the mood of the event so to speak.

Just my .02

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I have an idea I'd like to share on carrying rifles. I think to make a show of safety that all applicable rifles should have chamber flags showing they are safe. Also for people watching, I think putting an american flag with a wooden stick down the barrel could help lighten the mood of the event so to speak.

Just my .02

I think it would actually be best if the rifles were African style carried...it is how we carried during the previous walks. (muzzle down)

images

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wn4kCmmDu4]YouTube - African Carry[/ame]

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Insubordination???

Where do you think you live? Have you forgotten how to be an American? Some of you people need to grab some neighbors, form a search party, go find your balls, and try to remember how to be a free citizen.

For the record, I can be as insubordinate as I wish. I can be a total ass to the cops. I can give them the finger if I wish. I can call the President of the United States a warped little boy lover and his wife a fornicator of goats.

If you don't like that, you are in the wrong damn country.

What have you got against goats? :):

I hope this walk goes well, I can't make it because I'll be out of town. Something tells me that I may be reading a thread titled "Joe Williams Needs Bail Money" when I get back, though. :D

J/K.....Good luck, all! :ingo:

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe Williams
    I can call the President of the United States a warped little boy lover and his wife a fornicator of goats.
    Is that even possible? I have never witnessed a horse and a goat together before.

Nice- The longer this thread goes on the more some are showing their ass.

I couldn't be more disgusted with the lot of you who are leading and promoting this event. It should be obvious by now that your out for some kind of self grandissement.

Shame on this wonderful forum for providing you the bandwidth to spout your B.S.

Most of you are on my ignore list so you will have to email or PM your insults. Just let me know where and when to meet you in person if you desire to label me anything other then a Patriot and Former Marine.

You are punks. Period.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Is grandissement a French word?

I cant believe you would call esrice and vupdblue a punk. We know Que is, but thats beside the point.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    When I first started reading this I was fairly neutral on the subject. I knew it would be a peaceful gathering. I was mostly upset with the way the arguing was going:

Side A) I don't think this will generate a positive response towards gun owners

Side B) It is my RIGHT to do it and if you think I shouldn't you are an anti-gun nazi.

After continuing to read this, it has become obvious.

This isn't about education. It isn't about creating a positive public image of gun owners.

Its about saying "I can do this and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it." The way people are talking here it is clear this is intended to bait cops into doing something stupid so they can make a scene in public and to get shock value.

I believe in the 1st and 2nd Amendments... but the1st Amendment can be a dangerous thing. It is very easy to hang yourself with it.

If you think getting the cops to do something wrong is going to gain us support you are wrong. The general public is going to ASSUME that we (gun owners) are in the wrong and we must have been doing something illegal (that will be great for educating them). You will get lots of media attention until that point and then it will all be centered on how the cops SAVED THE DAY. Even if you DO get the opportunity to speak out against their actions (the media will likely only be showing the cops side) you will be categorized with Al Sharpton and the like. When some black kid gets beat by the cops and Al gets on his soapbox about it, how many people believe the kid is innocent?

The only thing that brings me comfort right now is that the cops already know about this, they have probably read this thread, and are quite prepared to deal with everything in a professional manner. On the other hand, they probably know what I said in my previous paragraph to be true, so they might just wiz on the Constitution and stomp on your rights anyway just so there can be a public scene involving us. Lets just pray they choose the former.

I can stand on the circle and spew hatred towards every known group of people and it would be MY RIGHT to do it... but I choose not to. I could walk around with a pistol duct taped to my forehead and it would be LEGAL and MY RIGHT, but I CHOOSE not to.

I think I'm done reading this, it has only upset me. We are supposed to be good people here and it has become very childish. People who think its good to use some judgment while exercising their rights have been declared to be either nazis or complacent about their rights (thus giving them away) and those in favor have made it clear they are going to follow the exact letter of the law and try to provide as many opportunities for the cops to screw up as possible.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Al Sharpton is all about Indianapolis right now you fools.

No person holding any position in private or public deserves any more respct than anyone else, yet we cannot make our opinions known about someone you may hold in high regard, but you somehow can call us asses and fools? :n00b:
    Nice!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    oh and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE prove me wrong.

Not in a witty response to my post, but next Friday in your actions. PROVE ME WRONG I beg you.

This post is NOT purple, no sarcasm intended, I truly hope you prove me wrong. It would be good for everyone.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Al Sharpton is all about Indianapolis right now you fools.

I don't get your meaning with this statement :dunno:

IMO, Sharpton is full of :poop:

He's complaining about the treatment of a punk gansta wannabe, but where has he been when the poor high school kid from Carmel was violated with a pencil?

Anyway, that's another thread. What do you mean by this statement?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Not in a witty response to my post, but next Friday in your actions. PROVE ME WRONG I beg you.

This post is NOT purple, no sarcasm intended, I truly hope you prove me wrong. It would be good for everyone.

We have already proven you wrong from the previous walks we did...

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

Just because we talk about our rights and the laws doesnt mean we want to have any kind of interaction with the police. Remember that we all are law abiding citizens.

There is planning and meetings that go on outside of INGO to make sure this goes off without a hitch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom