Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Well, as they informed the press they're already actively monitoring this thread and INGO. Niiice....

Sweet! We can use more police visitors on the board. And I mean that sincerely.

For any LEO (Law Enforcement Officer), on or off duty, for official or personal reasons, who may be on this thread/board, let me say the following:

Welcome!​

Thanks for coming to INGO. We are happy to have you here among us preferrably as a member (join - it's easy!) or as a lurker (we have no secrets). We are glad to have you here and look forward to getting to know you in the future.

You should know that INGO is made up of many kinds of people, just like any family. And like any family, our opinions are strong felt and may be in larger numbers than the number of members present. That's ok, because we make no claims other than to be who we are and to gather together to have fun, talk, argue, and argue more. If you can, join in. If you can't, still glad to have you.

Lastly, you should know that many of us in this family are strong supporters of law enforcement at the same time as being very protective of personal liberties. You should keep your eyes out for ways in which we are always encouraging more connection and involvement with our brothers and sisters in law enforcement. I would personally invite you to Appleseed as free guests, and know that many others here also have special offers and invitations to you and yours as well.

So, welcome, glad to have you here, even if you are doing it for work reasons. We still welcome and would love to talk with you. Heck, if you have questions or comments, feel free to PM me for a phone #. I can speak officially for Appleseed, but also unofficially as a member here.

Have a good one, stay safe, and know we mean well,
    Techres

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Not sure what the "nice" is supposed to mean. We have been told for quite a long time by the Mods that this site has been monitored by police and the alphabet agencies. So implying this event suddenly brought police attention is disingenuous.
    They may be watching closer right now so they will be prepared for the when and where of the 2nd Amendment protest, but apparently this is not the first time LEOs have been reading this forum

Pretty much any forum and social networking site gets attention from all LE agencies. How much and to what level just depends on the topics being discussed.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Pretty much any forum and social networking site gets attention from all LE agencies. How much and to what level just depends on the topics being discussed.

Huh. That... is a lot of monitoring. How do I get THAT job imo.

SynnerG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    I just saw a news article on this event and instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd just mention it here. I was wondering what people think of this comment:

Mike Hilton, of Pop Guns, called the plan asinine. "It's kind of cowboy action. It's little children playing," he said. "The general population are intimidated by firearms, so why cause a problem?"

Source: Some Question Gun Enthusiasts' Black Friday Walk Downtown - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

So far I haven't seen much love for Popguns on here and this can't help their cause, lol.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I just saw a news article on this event and instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd just mention it here. I was wondering what people think of this comment:

Mike Hilton, of Pop Guns, called the plan asinine. "It's kind of cowboy action. It's little children playing," he said. "The general population are intimidated by firearms, so why cause a problem?"

Source: Some Question Gun Enthusiasts' Black Friday Walk Downtown - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

So far I haven't seen much love for Popguns on here and this can't help their cause, lol.

I put my :twocents: in about Pop Guns early on. :):

Hey Mike...it may or may not be a good idea, but it's certainly legal, and certainly within their rights.

Also...Mikey...it's attitudes like yours which make your store the laughing stock of the Indy gun community. You are right up there with Don's Guns, and no self-respecting Indy area gun owner frequents your establishment unless it's a last resort type thing...

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg

Honestly that statement did cost him two customers. Wife and I were planning on going to use their indoor range this weekend but after that statement, I'm going to find another indoor range (NOT DON's EITHER).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom