• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Actually, comparing your friends to the Brady Bunch is not a fair comparison. Your friends are worse. They want to be able to carry THEIR guns, and couldn't care less about the rights of others. They are self centered, arrogant, and more accurately compared to Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein.

What about my right to own a nuclear bomb, if I could afford one? Surely you wouldn't infringe on the right of a wealthy private citizen to own bombs, nuclear or otherwise? What about RPGs, or grenades in general? What about a business owners rights to allow smoking? Not provide service to black people? Muslims? Catholics? Gays?

We are a society made up of laws, and any "right" you have will come with limitations. To say that all rights are absolute would mean I have the right to go upon YOUR property so long as I am practicing an individual right. This means passing out fliers in your place of employment, your private home, etc..

Not every individual right is absolute. If having RPGs, AKs, etc. with no questions asked appeals to folks here, by all means, move to Israel or Somalia. Such pinnacles of a free society.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    FYI Just learned IMPD plans to ACTIVELY Monitor this walk.
    They have no choice now and their presence may help keep things civilized. You can bet people are going to be asked for IDs and LTCHs. While this situation has the potential of being without incident on Black Friday, the real fear should be the spawned discussions among law enforcement, politicians, news media and the citizenry.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, as they informed the press they're already actively monitoring this thread and INGO. Niiice....

Not sure what the "nice" is supposed to mean. We have been told for quite a long time by the Mods that this site has been monitored by police and the alphabet agencies. So implying this event suddenly brought police attention is disingenuous.
    They may be watching closer right now so they will be prepared for the when and where of the 2nd Amendment protest, but apparently this is not the first time LEOs have been reading this forum

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Okay, I'm finally caught up. I also read the story on RTV6 and watched the video.

I've decided the following:

1. I would like to participate as long as the agenda is clear and it remains a chance to educate people.

2. If I'm there and I witness any member making an ass of themself or trying to get arrested I will be disappointed.

3. PopGuns won't ever get another dime from me.

:patriot:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    What about my right to own a nuclear bomb, if I could afford one? Surely you wouldn't infringe on the right of a wealthy private citizen to own bombs, nuclear or otherwise? What about RPGs, or grenades in general? What about a business owners rights to allow smoking? Not provide service to black people? Muslims? Catholics? Gays?

We are a society made up of laws, and any "right" you have will come with limitations. To say that all rights are absolute would mean I have the right to go upon YOUR property so long as I am practicing an individual right. This means passing out fliers in your place of employment, your private home, etc..

Not every individual right is absolute. If having RPGs, AKs, etc. with no questions asked appeals to folks here, by all means, move to Israel or Somalia. Such pinnacles of a free society.

Really?? You insult a major portion of this board that owns "AKs" or similar firearms?
    Your post reads like you have been watching too much MSNBC :rolleyes:

Edit: you must REALLY hate NFA Day, scary gun owners with full auto and suppressed weapons should all just move to Somalia too?

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    yZrck.jpg

Make sure you stop for ice cream imo.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    FYI Just learned IMPD plans to ACTIVELY Monitor this walk.

Good. At least some of us plan to ACTIVELY monitor them. They harass me, my wife, and my child by so much as following me everywhere I go, I will sue their thuggish asses into the ground. THEY and their corrupt brethren are the entire reason I'm willing to do this walk. They routinely violate the rights of citizens, and that needs corrected.

Hopefully, they will obey the law. For a change. But I'm not optimistic.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    They have no choice now and their presence may help keep things civilized. You can bet people are going to be asked for IDs and LTCHs. While this situation has the potential of being without incident on Black Friday, the real fear should be the spawned discussions among law enforcement, politicians, news media and the citizenry.

Now, what on earth are they going to ask me for ID and LTCH for? I will simply refuse to speak to them unless they inform me I am detained. If they do that, I will identify myself to the extent required by law (which does NOT require producing physical ID), and pursue criminal and civil complaints against them on a federal level for violating my civil rights.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Sounds like Joe is going to need a civil rights attorney...

448px-JohnnieCochran_2001.jpg

We are going to need to save our pennies for a "Cochran-Sized" legal defense fund.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Sounds like Joe is going to need a civil rights attorney...

We are going to need to save our pennies for a "Cochran-Sized" legal defense fund.

Hopefully, all Joe will need is a back rub from carrying that heavy rifle around all day.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Yes I know, however he continues to say nothing has happened during the last two walks. Seems he has a short memory.

That small meeting is not the walks we are referring to, we only had 8 people at the city market and only 6 when the detainment happened, at the last 2 walks with more than 30 people involved their were no problems.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I welcome the IMPD to the walk in fact I would like to speak with someone in the dept. If they are monitoring please send me a PM

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom