• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    But hey SE, what provisions have you and yours made if someone tries? The mods might be lying. Or, it's quite obvious, that there is more than one of us opposed to you and yours representing the thousands of us. Let me ask you, SE and your organizers, WTF is your plan for problems???

What happens if you run into antis?
    What happens if Suzie Sockermom, racing for the great deals, hoses two or three of you down with pepper spray? What happens if officer friendly or Paul Blart does the same?

If attacked we will let the cops that are sure to be around handle it, if I get pepper sprayed I'll curl up into a fetal position and cry like a baby, that stuff stings.

and SE is a participant not an organizer of this event

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Just so everyone is clear I don't think any of the mods at INGO had anything to do with tipping this to the media nor do I think they are going to sabotage the event in any way

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If attacked we will let the cops that are sure to be around handle it, if I get pepper sprayed I'll curl up into a fetal position and cry like a baby, that stuff stings.
    Cool. but what if the cops are doing their real jobs as opposed to babysitting you guys, I mean this is Black Friday. They might be a little busy with the crowds and crazies and all.

What is your plan if you don't have police security?

...and SE is a participant not an organizer of this event
    Funny, he doesn't sound like that.

===========================================================
    Sorry a late edit on the earlier post;
    Then comes the scariest question of all...
    ...What happens if there is a real active shooter situation? What are your guys gonna do?

Last edited:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Cool. but what if the cops are doing their real jobs as opposed to babysitting you guys, I mean this is Black Friday. They might be a little busy with the crowds and all.

What is your plan if you don't have police security?

IMPD has already said that they will be around, if they aren't then if attacked I'll do exactly what I would do any other day defend my self

let me assure you that I'm prepared to handle what ever comes up, this is not my first protest

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    ...What happens if there is a real active shooter situation? What are your guys gonna do?

If an active shooter attacks us then I'm sure we will defend ourselves, if their just happens to be an active shooter downtown that doesn't attack us we will do what the cops ask us to do

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    What"s next Burl? either help or go away please, I was going to cancel but you just make me want to do it more, and maybe again next month

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Just as a heads up, however, after reading this thread, and the story on the RTV6 webpage including the comments, I'd be prepared for at least one nutjob to bother you. It seems there was one guy who was saying that he was going to go and harass those doing the walk so that they would shoot him.

Idiocy at it's finest, but keep your eyes open and watch your sixes anyway.

I'd love to be there, but alas, I have other commitments.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What"s next Burl? either help or go away please, I was going to cancel but you just make me want to do it more, and maybe again next month

I'm sorry! You seem like a nice intelligent guy. I'm sorry if I've rattled you, but I ain't nothin' compared to the media and anti's.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Just as a heads up, however, after reading this thread, and the story on the RTV6 webpage including the comments, I'd be prepared for at least one nutjob to bother you. It seems there was one guy who was saying that he was going to go and harass those doing the walk so that they would shoot him.

Idiocy at it's finest, but keep your eyes open and watch your sixes anyway.

I'd love to be there, but alas, I have other commitments.

I saw his remarks, I hope he doesn't attack anyone at the event, I'm sure that there will be cops around, I wish we could get some undercover cops to walk with us in light of his comments

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'm sorry! You seem like a nice intelligent guy. I'm sorry if I've rattled you, but I ain't nothin' compared to the media and anti's.

You haven't rattled me I'm just a smartass sometimes, if you are that concerned then I suggest you join us, otherwise be a descent guy and let us plan in peace

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You haven't rattled me I'm just a smartass sometimes, if you are that concerned then I suggest you join us, otherwise be a descent guy and let us plan in peace

From one smartass to another, I understand. I will do that sir.

I do not choose to join you, but let me know if I can be of assistance. The worst you might hear is "No, I can't help you."

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I see his comments as constructive criticism. The comments may be irritating-- no offense-- but they make us think and prepare; even if it's subconsciously. He does have a point with the media and anti comment.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Now we have some very well written folks on here, I'm going to need some help writing a media guide, ATFC has a handout that we will be distributing and I would like to use it as a template for the media guide but it is too long, so if anyone would like to help condense it PM me with your email and I'll send it over

SJ, I cannot make the event but would be glad to write up a media statement for you guys, ill send you my email through pm.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Just saw Channel 6 had a story about this event, and the concerns for safety. (5:30am)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I see his comments as constructive criticism. The comments may be irritating-- no offense-- but they make us think and prepare; even if it's subconsciously. He does have a point with the media and anti comment.

The antis are certain to be there now. We must be prepared to be harassed, threatened, perhaps attacked, and ignore it. If the cops fail to act, that will be to our political advantage as the tapes are played across the internet. Both from the vantage point of showing the antis as the unbalanced nutjobs they are, and for using against IMPD to show their bias and the danger they are willing to place gun owners in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom