Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The ability to have lunch together (peaceably assemble, IOW,) in full compliance with the law, without being handcuffed would be one example of rights being denied to gun owners.

Exactly Joe! That's what I'm talking about! Have a REASON that the media can talk about, if that is the case. Frame and shape the message prior to the event and tell people why you are there.

Rosa Park wanted to sit down on the front of the bus, because that was the only seat available and she was tired. What is your reason for taking part in this demonstration? Will your reason be the same as the others taking part or will theirs be for other reasons?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    God bless, guys. I'm going to see if there is a thread about hunting, since I'm still trying to get in my first hunt, ever. If it wasn't for INGO, I would have never imagined even wanting to go hunting. Now, I can't wait to put a slug in Bambi and Bambo!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Lars if the cops break the law and arrest me I'll be out within hours, and I have a lawyer waiting for just in case. Thanks for the concern

Truthfully with all the bad press IMPD has been getting I'm sure they will be hands off.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    [strike]You haven't read the City Market thread, have you? [/strike]:dunno:

Never mind, misread Que's intent...

I read the thread. It's what made me willing to carry a long gun downtown, an activity I generally regard as being a silly thing to do. But, it's an excellent way of making a political point.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Guys!! I'm on your side, but you gotta tone this down. We all know that these threads are open to the public, and even just tonight told that police watch them, and now the gal from the news probably is too. We need to calm down. Cut out the bickering. Quit it.
    Step away from the computers for a while. Go smoke or let off a few rounds or whatever, but calm down.

INGO Mods (Lars? or esrice?): whoever said that this site is not about 2A rights. How can a gun site NOT be about that? That is the root of all things gun related. Without the 2A we wouldn't be able to hunt, shoot (skeet, target, bench....etc.) the site HAS to stand behind the 2A. It doesn't make sense to me to say that that isn't part of the sites "agenda". It has to be, without it, there would be no guns, ergo, no shooting sports, ergo, no need for a site to talk about guns!!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Lars if the cops break the law and arrest me I'll be out within hours, and I have a lawyer waiting for just in case. Thanks for the concern

Truthfully with all the bad press IMPD has been getting I'm sure they will be hands off.

I have no dog in the fight really. I was just offering my opinion on why I think Ed responded the way he did when interviewed.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    God bless, guys. I'm going to see if there is a thread about hunting, since I'm still trying to get in my first hunt, ever. If it wasn't for INGO, I would have never imagined even wanting to go hunting. Now, I can't wait to put a slug in Bambi and Bambo!

You really should give small game hunting a try. It's even more fun that deer hunting, IMHO, and you can do it for more than half the year! And unlike deer season, the woods aren't always crowded to the gills.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    sj kahr,

This thread has taken on a life of it's own.

1. We can trim posts here moving all comments to a new thread so it is just info about your event

2. You could start a new thread in this events forum and we can make sure it stays on topic only and move this and retitle it.

3. We can keep this thread going and allow comments

Let us know.

If your not willing to help, and you aren't IMO then please stop commenting.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    INGO Mods (Lars? or esrice?): whoever said that this site is not about 2A rights. How can a gun site NOT be about that?

It was both of us.

But you're taking our comments out of context.

It's not that INGO isn't about 2A rights, its that INGO, as an organization, does not have an agenda. The people that make up INGO certainly do, albeit sometimes different ones. But, as far as INGO as an organization, we do not have an agenda.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom