Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Que, with all the respect in the world...it doesn't matter what we say to the media, they will twist it to their favor. I'm sure you've seen it yourself.

That's correct, I'm not even sure that the person who tipped Joanna didn't do it for a positive reason.

That's the whoooooooole problem here. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE focuses on the negative. It's what delayed the first Walk and it's what kept many from coming to the last two. It's likely what will keep people away from subsequent events until people start focusing on how to make it a dream come true. :twocents:

I don't know how to put this gracefully, so I'll be blunt;
    You don't know what you are doing!
    You are reacting as opposed to acting!
    You are not ready for this!

My sincere advice to you folks;
    Stop, drop and roll.
    You may not be able to recover this event. Does it make more sense to abandon what seems to be a pending negative? Do you have the nads to back out of a bad situation, to regroup, reorganize and come back learning from your mistakes?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    The following is my opinion. I don't want to put words in peoples mouths. I'm only speaking for me.

Lars said:
    Because something is Legal.
    Because something CAN be done.

Does not necessarily mean something should be done.

Ed is for the reinstatement of our rights as Citizens of the State of Indiana, and The United States of America. He also has a reasonable amount of experience dealing with public opinion, and the media. I suspect comments like

The main reason on I won't be carrying a handgun is because I don't plan to identify myself other than my first name if asked for ID

Around the mall... On the side walk or inside the mall? I thought that CC mall was a Simon property. If you are walking around inside the mall then I see some kind of police action happening.

All they can do is ask us to leave.

Are what Ed Means by "...these guys intend to push the law to the limit in hopes of getting arrested. That is not the way to get your message across and may even hurt my efforts with the other councilors to get the handgun bans lifted."

If I were looking to affect change in Indianapolis, I think I'd be making donations to the campaign to re-elect Ed Coleman. Or offer to volunteer on his campaign team. At least you know he's willing to push the issue with the City County Council, and has a track record of doing so.

But that's just me. What do I know.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Stop, drop and roll.
    You may not be able to recover this event. Does it make more sense to abandon what seems to be a pending negative? Do you have the nads to back out of a bad situation, to regroup, reorganize and come back learning from your mistakes?

I see nothing bad coming from this...we are a peaceful group, walking around downtown handing out literature. We did it before as the Lt. indicated without issue, so that is the plan again. I have the nads to not let others push my rights to the way side because someone has concern and is afraid to see a rifle in public.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The following is my opinion. I don't want to put words in peoples mouths. I'm only speaking for me.

If I were looking to affect change in Indianapolis, I think I'd be making donations to the campaign to re-elect Ed Coleman. Or offer to volunteer on his campaign team. At least you know he's willing to push the issue with the City County Council, and has a track record of doing so.

Nothing you posted suggest skirting the law, or hoping to get arrested. The hope is that the police will obey the law, and not harass law abiding citizens. No, I do not think donating to a politician who lied by suggesting citizens exercising their rights hope to get arrested is a good idea.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast

Stop, drop and roll.
    as long as everyone is legal why should we not do this??

and this is only negative due to a tv reporter trying to make a name for herself.....she got one, but it will get 'filtered' if I post it......

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

Stop, drop and roll.

Thanks for your concern, I think we will be fine, most of us have done this before.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Nothing you posted suggest skirting the law, or hoping to get arrested. The hope is that the police will obey the law, and not harass law abiding citizens. No, I do not think donating to a politician who lied by suggesting citizens exercising their rights hope to get arrested is a good idea.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that.

I am also entitled to mine. I will follow the person with a track record of pushing for laws in favor of restoring our State Constitutionally and Federal Constitutionally protected rights.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

I don't think I will be helping on his campaign, just like all other politicians he's more worried about keeping his job then doing his job IMO

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

I am also entitled to mine. I will follow the person with a track record of pushing for laws in favor of restoring our State Constitutionally and Federal Constitutionally protected rights.

Don't forget about stabbing legal gun owners in the back for exercising their rights to help inform others of theirs.:patriot:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    And Lars since I won't be breaking any laws I'm not required to produce ID, if I was carrying a handgun I would be required to produce my LTCH and ID

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Apparently, he only supports rights he agrees with. If he doesn't like the exercise of those rights, he's clearly willing to lie about those engaging in such exercise. Or, at the very least, to crucify them without finding out the facts for himself.

I'm willing to be convinced he was merely sloppy and made a reckless statement based on a distortion from someone he trusted, though. Everybody makes mistakes.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Apparently, he only supports rights he agrees with. If he doesn't like the exercise of those rights, he's clearly willing to lie about those engaging in such exercise. Or, at the very least, to crucify them without finding out the facts for himself.

I'm willing to be convinced he was merely sloppy and made a reckless statement based on a distortion from someone he trusted, though. Everybody makes mistakes.

Yep, I'm willing to hear him retract his comment and show his support...:popcorn:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ok, call me crazy, but I see some irony here..

Ed is a Libertarian..
    Libertarians believe in, and pursue, personal freedom while maintaining personal responsibility.
    Yet, it is being advocated that we NOT pursue our own personal freedoms, but instead let a Politician do it for us?? :dunno:

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I believe what Ed...whats his name meant was the "We're going in the Mall, even though we have been told they don't allow weapons there" train of thought.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks for your concern, I think we will be fine, most of us have done this before.

This is where you are mistaken, my friend. You are thinking my concern is for you 10-20 folks. It is not! My concern is for 12,000 INGO members and many more thousand Indiana gun owners.

The fact that you can't see this is further proving my point.

Yes, you've done it before and you've done it so well that you still get 10-20 people to show up (out of 12,000.)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    And Lars since I won't be breaking any laws I'm not required to produce ID, if I was carrying a handgun I would be required to produce my LTCH and ID

"Push The Law To The Limit....."

Now, when the officer starts asking you questions like, can I see some ID, and you refuse because you don't legally have to provide it...... that's "Trying to get arrested"

Whether the arrest is legal or not. The above is EXACTLY how this will be viewed. You may be right. And It may result in changes in policy at IMPD etc. I doubt however if it will lead to an improvement in overall public opinion on firearms rights.

It may very well lead to other city county councilors writing legislation prohibiting your right to carry rifles downtown. This would be the exact opposite result you are hoping to get by having this event. Also based on the votes of the Mayor, The public Safety Director, and the current City County Council, it's pretty obvious the Antis outnumber the Pros....

I hope for the sake of all of us none of the above happens, and everything goes perfectly, that the heavens open and public opinion is swayed 100% in the opposite direction of where it currently is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom