• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I didn't mean the *story* was faked. I meant the whole earning/winning it sham. As in; he didn't fricken DO anything...

Like so ^

They were just looking ahead, and they've been proven right. He's certainly not lacking in accomplishments.

He has, in less than a year, destroyed the capitalist basis of America. The manufacturing segment has been seized, he's effectively seized control of our legislature, he will soon (after allowing talk-talk to prove how "free" we are) seize the medical industry, he's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in both Iraq AND Afghanistan, while at the same time keeping the military pre-occupied with being killed in wars they know full well he doesn't intend to win, he has effective control of the mainstream media and will soon have actual control of it under the excuse of "saving" print news, he has effective control of the education establishment and is brainwashing kids to become his supporters, he has destroyed the value of the dollar and immeasurably weakened our nation.

Actually, he's accomplished quite a lot in a very short period of time. Soon, we'll not be able to buy or sell without his permission.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    In other new, Henktermaat struggles to come up with a snarky comment due to a fit of shock and total suprise...

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    Terrell Owens tweets: what has he done????

You know its bad when an underachiever bags on you for being an underachiever

More Obama-Aid please!!!!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    WTF?! :n00b:

Guys, this is bad bad bad....as if there needed to be another reason to put on the tinfoil hats.

From the cnn report, which is probably straight from the AP wire.

Nominations for the prize had to be postmarked by February 1 -- only 12 days after Obama took office. The committee sent out its solicitation for nominations last September -- two months before Obama was elected president.

How the heck does a guy who has formally be POTUS for 12 days with this!!!!!!! :dunno:

I'm a very patriotic guy, and normally would love to hear someone from the US win a major recognition like this. But sheesh, at least give it to someone who really did something. This is a sham, and down right embarrassing. All he's done is appologize up and down for our actions while on the world wide campaign trail, and in his time in office up to that point. Give me a break.

To be clear, I would have no problem with President Obama winning if:

a) He actually did something to win it, say as a result of his time in office
    b) He had been a major influence in foriegn policy and world peace in his positions held before being elected president.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Folks, if they can give a "peace" prize to a butcher like Yasser Arafat (1994), then nothing should be a surprise.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama, Mother Theresa. - Hmm...ya one of those is really, really, freaking out of place.

About the time Obama accepts this award in Norway: The US will likely be sending tens of thousands additional troops into Afghanistan to kill more people and Iran might have built it's first nuclear bomb.

Bravo, Obama.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I wouldn't read that much into this. I caught a little of that Morning Joe show with Joe Scarborough and he pointed out that the likes of Jimmy Carter and Al Gore won the Nobel Prize as well.

It appears to be more of a glamorous award these days. They said there was one nominee who had built 120 small schools in remote villages in Pakistan in an effort to get young girls educated and escape the abuse. There is actual proof of the good they did, not just rehtoric like Obama.

Repped

I think I will try to find a cure for cancer some day. Can I get in on some of the Noble prize money??? LOL

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    OMG. :puke:

What's next for Obama... Rock and Roll Hall of Fame perhaps? :n00b:
    Obama:The Musical?
    Obama on ice?
    MVP of the NFL?
    First round pick of next year's NBA draft?

I've read that from henceforth, we will use the term "got the Nobel" in place of the depreciated "jumped the shark".

I.E.: "The Brady Bunch really got the Nobel when they brought on cousin Oliver."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom