NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Job security ...

Parts supply chain getting any better?

Can't get parts to rebuild the 8spds. Reman or used is the only option and depending on the 8spd could be backordered with not eta. 10spds are hit or miss. Old school parts are getting harder and harder to come by. 4 and 6 speeds not really an issue anymore. Might be able to get parts for a 10spd when you qoute a job, but a week later it's unobtanium. Still have to check parts prices daily as 1 day a part might be $400 but the next day it's $600

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    So I go to Home Depot to get a Halloween critter my wife wanted. Sold out. But there are 2 at HD 40 minutes away... Ehh no... My Mother with me and said sure I can go for a ride. OK, drive up there and they said don't have them. Ugh. They check computer and says can't order them and we should have 2 in stock. Nobody can find them. She said maybe they were stolen.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Can't get parts to rebuild the 8spds. Reman or used is the only option and depending on the 8spd could be backordered with not eta. 10spds are hit or miss. Old school parts are getting harder and harder to come by. 4 and 6 speeds not really an issue anymore. Might be able to get parts for a 10spd when you qoute a job, but a week later it's unobtanium. Still have to check parts prices daily as 1 day a part might be $400 but the next day it's $600
    You work on bicycles??

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So I go to Home Depot to get a Halloween critter my wife wanted. Sold out. But there are 2 at HD 40 minutes away... Ehh no... My Mother with me and said sure I can go for a ride. OK, drive up there and they said don't have them. Ugh. They check computer and says can't order them and we should have 2 in stock. Nobody can find them. She said maybe they were stolen.
    HD app for inventory check is hhhooorrriiibbllleeee.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    HD app for inventory check is hhhooorrriiibbllleeee.
    I usually don't do HD, they are far away. But I was in the area and wife found trinket she liked. They are good for Milwaukee power tools. Even better if you want to wait for them to be on sale.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've probably watched NCFOM a dozen or two times. Usually when I'm mindlessly scrolling through my streaming apps not finding anything I want to watch and it'll pop up and I know it won't disappoint. I've discovered some unexpected gems that way but way more pieces of crap put to film.
    The book is also great.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I have a HD $100 gift card given to me by my parents who don't go because the nearest one is 50 minutes away. Nearest one is Valpo and it still sits in my truck.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Purdue Fencing is a "target rich environment" for me.

100+ kids showed up for the initial beginner's class. If 60% of them actually show up and sign the liability waiver I am going to need more pain pills to get thru this session. So many kids to beat with metal sticks, so few drugs to control the pain.

But seriously, this is pretty awesome. I need 4 per squad. There are 6 squads. 2 squad of 4 fencers for each for SABER, FOIL and EPEE. Squads are divided by genders. 3 for boys are SABER, FOIL and EPEE. Ditto for girls. Think of each weapon as Pistol, Shotgun & Rifle. Or, conversely as Cars, Motorcycles and Delivery Trucks. All sort of do the same thing, they get from point A to point B... but differently.

My contract with Purdue does not include SARCASM as one of my job duties. I include that as a free service. Mocking, also free.

Hitting your kid with a metal stick, that is my job or is it my passion? :whistle: ). Best job ever!

Best job in the world, if you can get it. But I admit, it's more satisfying to hit a "know-it-all" high school kid, thant to hit a slightly more wise college kid. I provide both services. So send your kid to me. Sign a waiver. I'm happy to beat your child.

I'm old. Arthritic too. But I am faster and more far more accurate then any 15 -19 year old newbie. Last kid who challenged me got hit in the collar bone and fell to the floor. Then he said: "You can't do that again". I took that as a personal challenge... he was on the floor a 2nd time. Never questioned me again.

Did I mention that I love 'trash talking teens' at any point? Just another free service offer.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, THE PURDUE FENCNG CLUB has been one of the top scoring teams in the psst few seasons.

:oldwise:

457326819_8203450046410240_4145447671241326461_n.jpg

Last edited:

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    Purdue Fencing is a "target rich environment" for me.

100+ kids showed up for the initial beginner's class. If 60% of them actually show up and sign the liability waiver I am going to need more pain pills to get thru this session. So many kids to beat with metal sticks, so few drugs to control the pain.

But seriously, this is pretty awesome. I need 4 per squad. There are 6 squads. 2 squad of 4 fencers for each for SABER, FOIL and EPEE. Squads are divided by genders. 3 for boys are SABER, FOIL and EPEE. Ditto for girls. Think of each weapon as Pistol, Shotgun & Rifle. Or, conversely as Cars, Motorcycles and Delivery Trucks. All sort of do the same thing, they get from point A to point B... but differently.

My contract with Purdue does not include SARCASM as one of my job duties. I include that as a free service. Mocking, also free.

Hitting your kid with a metal stick, that is my job or is it my passion? :whistle: ). Best job ever!

Best job in the world, if you can get it. But I admit, it's more satisfying to hit a "know-it-all" high school kid, thant to hit a slightly more wise college kid. I provide both services. So send your kid to me. Sign a waiver. I'm happy to beat your child.

I'm old. Arthritic too. But I am faster and more far more accurate then any 15 -19 year old newbie. Last kid who challenged me got hit in the collar bone and fell to the floor. Then he said: "You can't do that again". I took that as a personal challenge... he was on the floor a 2nd time. Never questioned me again.

Did I mention that I love 'trash talking teens' at any point? Just another free service offer.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, THE PURDUE FENCNG CLUB has been one of the top scoring teams in the psst few seasons.

:oldwise:

View attachment 376755
    Please post videos. I want to live vicariously through you, knocking smart@$s teens on their butts.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Pretty hot today…….. especially when dealing with an unsightly burn pile……… about 10’ tall 10’ wide 30’ long……… regret back burning it but oh well too late to change now slow and steady better than fast and out of control lol

Top Bottom