NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Home Depot got my business when Menards went full Covid Nazi. I'll never step in their stores again.
    We were at the Lowe's in Merrillville a while back. Bought some flooring. Was very pleased with the customer service. I miss the one they closed in Portage. Trying to find someone to assist you at Menards is ridiculous.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Trying to find someone to assist you at Menards is ridiculous.
    I think it depends on the stores. Menards around here is great and very helpful. I have trouble with Lowes, it is closer to me, but harder to find people to help. Lowes has higher prices but sometimes they are higher quality products.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I think it depends on the stores. Menards around here is great and very helpful. I have trouble with Lowes, it is closer to me, but harder to find people to help. Lowes has higher prices but sometimes they are higher quality products.
    It just depends on the person you get. At Menard's, I had to speak to three different people to get someone who knew what dowel rods were. But then again at Lowe's, I got a lady who didn't know the difference between nails and screws. I told her I needed some wood screws, and she took me to the nails.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It just depends on the person you get. At Menard's, I had to speak to three different people to get someone who knew what dowel rods were. But then again at Lowe's, I got a lady who didn't know the difference between nails and screws. I told her I needed some wood screws, and she took me to the nails.

Did that get you close to the screws though?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The local one to me closed... They were pretty good. 2 more around, but all the way across town.
    Well, they used to be everywhere.
    But Menards, Lowes, and Home Depot showed up, and undercut their prices.
    Those stores also hired "cheaper" workers.

Aces was the place to go for answers.
    But people chose the low prices.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've found the people at Ace Hardware much more knowledgeable.

But... the one I know about, is pretty far south in Crown Point. So I only go there for some stuff.
    Agreed, I like Ace best. But since True Value is two blocks for me, that's where I usually end up going. Service is good there, but some of the older guys are a bit crusty and curmudgeonly.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "crusty and curmudgeonly" isn't just for older guys.

I know when people talk about their nice grandma, the little old kind woman...
    And I think about mine... she was DEFINITELY NOT the "little old kind woman".

When I went into her kitchen with wet crutches, and the wet rubber on the bottom of the crutch hit the linoleum, and slipped... she did NOT rush over to be nice to me.
    She almost fell over laughing at me.

Grandpa had a heart attack shoveling snow off the roof.
    She asked him if he could finish it while he waited for the ambulance.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    "crusty and curmudgeonly" isn't just for older guys.

I know when people talk about their nice grandma, the little old kind woman...
    And I think about mine... she was DEFINITELY NOT the "little old kind woman".

When I went into her kitchen with wet crutches, and the wet rubber on the bottom of the crutch hit the linoleum, and slipped... she did NOT rush over to be nice to me.
    She almost fell over laughing at me.

Grandpa had a heart attack shoveling snow off the roof.
    She asked him if he could finish it while he waited for the ambulance.
    My paternal grandmother was like that. The first ever time I met her when I was about 10, my dad knocked on her door, we walked in, and Dad said "This is my daughter Debbie, your granddaughter." Grandma said "Get out of the way, you're blocking the TV." And that's all the interaction I had with her. First and last time I ever met her. And that's not the bad stuff about her.

Top Bottom