NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Monday morning and some schools start Wednesday so watch out for those long yellow things with the flashing stop signs and kids. There will always be the morons who will speed past the stopped ones. Shame there isn't a point system for taking them out.
    I disagree. There should be no busses. Parents should have to use their own gas money to drop and pick up their crotch goblins. Tax money should not be used to transport crotch goblins and interrupt the flow of traffic.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    Monday morning and some schools start Wednesday so watch out for those long yellow things with the flashing stop signs and kids. There will always be the morons who will speed past the stopped ones. Shame there isn't a point system for taking them out.
    Agreed. I can’t stand the idiots that will speed past a stopped bus picking up or dropping off kids. Takes a special kind of self-absorbed moron.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I disagree. There should be no busses. Parents should have to use their own gas money to drop and pick up their crotch goblins. Tax money should not be used to transport crotch goblins and interrupt the flow of traffic.
    Definitely can agree with that.
    Agreed. I can’t stand the idiots that will speed past a stopped bus picking up or dropping off kids. Takes a special kind of self-absorbed moron.
    Yeah….. but in most situations it is moronic that anyone needs to stop……….. since kids all get picked up without crossing a road now….. I stop …. But sitting behind a stopped bus while kids get onto it from the door side when I can slowly go around without issue.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    So after nearly two years from buying my house, I'm now staying there full time. We only got three rooms done, so there's still a lot to do, but at least I'm out of my dad's basement. Next big project will be the roof and siding, but we'll probably deal with that in September. However, I currently have very limited internet until I can get Starlink ordered, as Starlink is the only thing that will support my house.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Starlink is sat internet.
    Where on earth are you in NWI that requires this. Even the south of us30 rednecks get some form of internet.

Was not aware there was a place in nwi that was that remote and uncivilized.:)

U must live among the racoons and ticks?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Where on earth are you in NWI that requires this. Even the south of us30 rednecks get some form of internet.

I am lucky because I am sitting on top of a ridgeline that has line of sight to a 300' tall tower in rural southern Will County, IL using a "Wide Area Wi-Fi" from Surf Broadband. My neighbors across the road and others behind them have no such connection availlable to them. My connection speed is, by any measurement, slow. But the neighbors East of me, if they use Surf is 1/2 or less my speed because they don't have the line of sight access from their property.

As of my automated speed test, run about 3am this morning, my Download Speed was 4Mbps, Upload speed is 1Mbps. Just ran a test now, 10Mbps down, 1Mbps up.

There is no such thing as CABLE out there.
    There is no such thing as Xfininty or Comcast.
    Many use 5G off their phones.
    Some use Starlink.

But on the bright side, we have raccoons and clean air.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So after nearly two years from buying my house, I'm now staying there full time. We only got three rooms done, so there's still a lot to do, but at least I'm out of my dad's basement. Next big project will be the roof and siding, but we'll probably deal with that in September. However, I currently have very limited internet until I can get Starlink ordered, as Starlink is the only thing that will support my house.
    The guy at Beautyguard in Schererville on US41 is very 2a friendly great guy. For siding gutters and such

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI

I'm apparently in the land that time forgot. I checked for coverage through all the networks, and they all don't have coverage in my area except AT&T. They won't give me service because all my neighbors have DSL that's been grandfathered in and they won't put in a new DSL connection.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Definitely can agree with that.

Yeah….. but in most situations it is moronic that anyone needs to stop……….. since kids all get picked up without crossing a road now….. I stop …. But sitting behind a stopped bus while kids get onto it from the door side when I can slowly go around without issue.
    All could be solved by getting rid of buses and making parents responsible for their offspring's transportation. It would be a win for taxpayers and a win for the children safety. It would be a huge win for those who need to get to work in the morning.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    All could be solved by getting rid of buses and making parents responsible for their offspring's transportation. It would be a win for taxpayers and a win for the children safety. It would be a huge win for those who need to get to work in the morning.
    Agreed. This applies to a lot more than children though. Everyone should be responsible for themselves.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm apparently in the land that time forgot. I checked for coverage through all the networks, and they all don't have coverage in my area except AT&T. They won't give me service because all my neighbors have DSL that's been grandfathered in and they won't put in a new DSL connection.
    If you have good cell service, you could use a 5G device. Otherwise Starlink is the way to go.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    AT&T is trying their hardest to get rid of DSL. One day in the future that will become a reality once the back end equipment it's on dies and the old time techs that still know how to make it work die/retire as well.

Top Bottom