NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Yeah I was heading home from Hammond on 80/94 right after that happened. A Hoosier Helper vehicle went screaming by traffic in the left lane. I thought this ain't good. Thankfully I get off at Ripley. What a mess. I'll probably get some scoop from our oldest son. Who works for a police department that is located very close to where this happened. I'm sure it was all hands on deck to initially close that road. You just never know what's going to happen on the dam interstate.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yeah I was heading home from Hammond on 80/94 right after that happened. A Hoosier Helper vehicle went screaming by traffic in the left lane. I thought this ain't good. Thankfully I get off at Ripley. What a mess. I'll probably get some scoop from our oldest son. Who works for a police department that is located very close to where this happened. I'm sure it was all hands on deck to initially close that road. You just never know what's going to happen on the dam interstate.
    80/94 from Illinois to Lake Station is always a cesspool, but it seems to be branching further east. This, road rage shootings, fleeing from cops, accidents, semis rolling over on the entrance and exit ramps. It's never ending. I would absolutely hate to have to travel that section daily

I haven't been to Cableas in years cause I avoid that section of 80/94 like the plague. And I'm definitely not taking rt30 or rt6 west either. Just avoid that while area altogether

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    80/94 from Illinois to Lake Station is always a cesspool, but it seems to be branching further east. This, road rage shootings, fleeing from cops, accidents, semis rolling over on the entrance and exit ramps. It's never ending. I would absolutely hate to have to travel that section daily

I haven't been to Cableas in years cause I avoid that section of 80/94 like the plague. And I'm definitely not taking rt30 or rt6 west either. Just avoid that while area altogether
    I take 65-49 Monday-Friday, it’s typically fine, I can count on traffic stopping right about the exit for 65 when I’m headed west, thankfully I’m on the exit zipping by at that point. Only eastbound issue I have is for some unknown reason, all the time, people exiting on to southbound 49 find the yield sign absolutely mesmerizing, so many stop completely to look at it, study it, take in its beauty. Not a car around them in any direction except the ones behind them honking, flipping them off and passing them on both sides. This happens several times a week

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I take 65-49 Monday-Friday, it’s typically fine, I can count on traffic stopping right about the exit for 65 when I’m headed west, thankfully I’m on the exit zipping by at that point. Only eastbound issue I have is for some unknown reason, all the time, people exiting on to southbound 49 find the yield sign absolutely mesmerizing, so many stop completely to look at it, study it, take in its beauty. Not a car around them in any direction except the ones behind them honking, flipping them off and passing them on both sides. This happens several times a week
    Road on Google Maps still shows closed. Guaranteed their GPS sent them.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Reviews say it's not worth it.
    Low quality meat

That post is 2 years ago. No idea if the same. Think I might stop and take a look just because I'll be In the area. I already have a source for purchasing beef, pork, and chicken. But never a bad idea to have another source

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    THE EARTH STOPPED ITS ROTATION . . . I'm going to listen to Jedi.

I have no problem buying 'cheap' hamburger. 70/30 on the grill, be it prime or whatever, it's still just ground beef to me. I dress it up with cheese, onions or whatever else I want and slap it on a bun with condiments.

No problem buying 'cheap' chuck roast. I can take a cheap chuck roast and turn it into something that is tender by cooking it low and slow. Or smoke it and make it a 'poor mans' burnt end.

But when it comes to steak (for me, preferably rib eye) I'm willing to pay for quality. That is my treat. Last thing I want, when I decide to eat a steak, is to get a crappy cut of meat. I want to savor it. Enjoy it. Not chew it until my jaw is sore.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The more and more I look into our food…. The ingredients and processes the deeper I go the worse it gets. And people wonder why cancer and such is so prevalent…

I’m just unsure what the answer is. Because even the “expensive” stuff at Whole Foods and such get chemicals sprayed on them. Yeah they have the .guv “organic” certified chemicals not sure I trust that…..

I have done a really good job replacing meat. We haven’t bought meat in about 8 years now. But I am an absolute failure at gardening.

Top Bottom