NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Maybe I just need to have the laptop looked at.
    Anyone know a reliable place?

Might just need to be optimized, de-gunked and start menu cleaned up, maybe add some more RAM. Computer Bay in downtown Schererville has done some work for me. Probably going to charge you a minimum $70. Geek Squad in Best Buy maybe, but I don't know a lot about them. Or maybe one of your friends here on Ingo. I don't know enough about it, or I'd help you out.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    IMO pools are like boats. It’s better to know someone with one than to have one.
    True...
    jedi has steered away from them for 15 years. As the demon kids have gotten older and want to step less time with dad, jedi sees this as a way to lure them back but alas it also means their demon friends as well...

And the thought of all those teenagers here is eeeewwwww. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So above ground pool folks....

How hard is it to maintain the pool?
    Do you empty it out before winter and refill in the spring?
    Any regrets?
    I've owned above and now have an in-ground pool

In-ground it a bit easier.

Neither are hard.

Add chlorine every 3 days or get a chlorine generator and drop in roughly 80# of table salt. Downside of chlorine generators is they are $$$$ but you can go all summer without worrying about chlorine

I prefer a pleated fabric filter. I have 2 cartridges. I pull a dirty one out of the housing when the water flow drops (can last a week, sometimes 2+ weeks). Put in a clean one. 2 simple ways to clean a dirty filter, electric power washer does a great job. But a garbage can or water barrel filled with water and a quart of muriatic acid does the trick too. Just rinse it off. And your hands will 'tingle' when you reach in to lift the filter out

Winter above ground, take out 1/3rd of the water.
    Winter in-ground, take out a few inches of water, blow out and seal the water lines.
    Both ... cover the pool for the winter.

Both, for me to swim in them, require a good heater because I don't find getting into cold water fun.

Much as I complain about a pool, it is nice to go out, relax in the 90 degree water and then come back into an air conditioned house.

Last edited:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Had an above ground pool as a kid and had one in the house we bought 8 years ago, took it out after 4 years. Not a lot of work, but we had a good filter, and a chlorinator so I’d just drop a bunch of chlorine tablets in it every few weeks, wash out the filter and net the bugs out once in a while. We’re just not swimmers so it got removed and turned it into a patio/fire pit

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I've owned above and now have an in-ground pool

In-ground it a bit easier.

Neither are hard.

Add chlorine every 3 days or get a chlorine generator and drop in roughly 80# of table salt. Downside of chlorine generators is they are $$$$ but you can go all summer without worrying about chlorine

I prefer a pleated fabric filter. I have 2 cartridges. I pull a dirty one out of the housing when the water flow drops (can last a week, sometimes 2+ weeks). Put in a clean one. 2 simple ways to clean a dirty filter, electric power washer does a great job. But a garbage can or water barrel filled with water and a quart of muriatic acid does the trick too. Just rinse it off. And your hands will 'tingle' when you reach in to lift the filter out

Winter above ground, take out 1/3rd of the water.
    Winter in-ground, take out a few inches of water, blow out and seal the water lines.
    Both ... cover the pool for the winter.

Both, for me to swim in them, require a good heater because I don't find getting into cold water fun.

Much as I complain about a pool, it is nice to go out, relax in the 90 degree water and then come back into an air conditioned house.
    Yeah, there was nothing better after a day of sweaty yard work to plop into the pool to cool off and refresh. And at the time the kids and their buddies enjoyed it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yeah, there was nothing better after a day of sweaty yard work to plop into the pool to cool off and refresh. And at the time the kids and their buddies enjoyed it.
    Yup. Before we got a pool it was straight to a shower then the mancave in the basement where temp averages about 68° in the summer. Weekends almost completely spent inside when it was above 80, especially if it was humid too. Now it's get home from work and enjoy the pool and just being outside. Same for the weekends

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My parents have a pool……. They have forbidden any of their children from getting one because they want to have the pool monopoly for the grandchildren. And I am good with that. I owned a pool at my first house not only can I count the times on my fingers in the 2 years I was there that I used the pool…… it was a ton of work.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm just not a water person. Beaches, pools, even long baths. Just not my thing. Maybe because I don't "do" relaxing. I've always got stuff going on in my head, and I need something more stimulating to quiet it down.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My parents have a pool……. They have forbidden any of their children from getting one because they want to have the pool monopoly for the grandchildren. And I am good with that. I owned a pool at my first house not only can I count the times on my fingers in the 2 years I was there that I used the pool…… it was a ton of work.
    The lovely Mrs_Bob is in the pool a couple times a week, often more than that, each week in the summer. Kobe, our foster son (now 4) loves the pool. Me, I get in the pool maybe 1 day a week, usually for under an hour, usually to wash off yard sweat and soothe the aches and pains of whatever work I had been doing. I also maintain the pool, which is really not too much work, at least not until the leaves start falling

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm just not a water person. Beaches, pools, even long baths. Just not my thing. Maybe because I don't "do" relaxing. I've always got stuff going on in my head, and I need something more stimulating to quiet it down.
    I'm not either

That is why I tend to get in, relax for 30 to 60 minutes and get out and go do other stuff. The rest of them, and visitors, which are frequent, can stay in it for hours. Not me.

But I do enjoy it.

It would take effort to not enjoy this. Totally private, plenty of space to relax, all the comforts of home, no sand.

IMG_8310.jpeg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm not either

That is why I tend to get in, relax for 30 to 60 minutes and get out and go do other stuff. The rest of them, and visitors, which are frequent, can stay in it for hours. Not me.

But I do enjoy it.

It would take effort to not enjoy this. Totally private, plenty of space to relax, all the comforts of home, no sand.

View attachment 372625
    I can see where it would feel good on achy stuff. That reminds me, i just joined the Y and they have a whirlpool. I could put up with that for a while.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Monday morning and some schools start Wednesday so watch out for those long yellow things with the flashing stop signs and kids. There will always be the morons who will speed past the stopped ones. Shame there isn't a point system for taking them out.

Top Bottom