NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wow! Another busy weekend of shooting in the books. Went to Michigan for a muzzleloading trap shoot…. And then today did falling steel! Michigan was a success the girls did great my oldest won the women’s championship youngest the juniors…. Multiple shoot offs was a ton of fun. Tons of malfunctions out of the 10/22 again today…. Gonna need to figure that out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wow! Another busy weekend of shooting in the books. Went to Michigan for a muzzleloading trap shoot…. And then today did falling steel! Michigan was a success the girls did great my oldest won the women’s championship youngest the juniors…. Multiple shoot offs was a ton of fun. Tons of malfunctions out of the 10/22 again today…. Gonna need to figure that out.

need to pay attention if it's happening in the same magazine

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [rant on]
    So Friday night we did wind up at Gino's just not directly. She suggested Umi in CP for sushi. We got there, on table of 4 and the rest of the place was empty. It was early - 6pm? hostess said sit anywhere, first pick was a reserved table, so i joked anywhere but here? No biggie, took the next spot by the window. Waitress arrived, we ordered a couple cocktails, she asked the bartender to make and the bartender replied "i guess." Um ok... So we sit a few minutes like 5 or more chatting and i turn around and see our drinks made and sitting on the bar. Bartender gone, waitress gone, hostess gone. WTF. So the drinks sit, we sit, and I ponder. After a few minutes i tell the wife F this; i can see how the service is going to go. I can see the 3 girls in the back sipping sodas, playing on their phones and just not giving a ****. We got up and walked. They got the message i guess and came out of the back room and just said "nope, not dealing with this" and we left.
    We've gone there a bunch since it opened and it used to be great. Just had to vent. Now the sushi chefs are hispanic instead of asian and i've been in there more than once where I was like WTF on the cuts of sashimi i got. Skin on? Are you F-ing mad? It is seriously like they are making the **** up as they go.
    So - we went to Ginos, sat at the bar and got treated well. Owner (presumably) greeted us, shook my hand, got us some complementary pasta and we had martini (birthday girl) and a glass of merlot (me). Calamari was good, if a tad chewy. Oysters Rockefeller was good, oysters were small. Maybe they are out of season. F if i know. But it was a very nice time.
    Anyway... just pisses me off that the help are ruining what used to be a good spot. Mgmt needs to be more active for sure, but come on. You can't get out of these places for less than $100 for a couple and and a $20 tip. And i almost always tip cash. If they aren't going to serve, then i'm going elsewhere. Horseshit.
    [/rant off]
    I sold my beloved 2001 BMW 330ci 5spd today. I feel older already not having a true manual car in the house anymore. But on with the corvette project.
    Or maybe it's you. :)

They saw u n said nopes....

Round the click in highland is like this now. 5 waitresses and 2 hostes and took 10mins to seat a party of 2 and a party of 4 behind us.

Sat for 15 mins with no one coming to take order, ask for drinks etc for either party.

We walked out. The other party did thr same. The place had only 2 other parties eating. Everyone on their phones not paying attention.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Now that I FINALLY got around to trying out the dehydrator.. I've done yellow apples, cantaloupe, and a sliced roast.
    I'm holding off on the meats, cause they I'll need to try different rubs/marinades.
    But tonight it's pineapple, and tomorrow bananas. Then maybe red apples after that.

I like it...

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I haven't used my new 10/22 a lot yet...
    But my original one, from somewhere around the mid-90s, seems to fire everything.
    I swear I accidentally loaded a pebble, and it fired.
    Yeah….. I take it in the backyard try and replicate the issue and I come up with nothing. I don’t know what else it could be. Maybe because they are loading on the closed bolt….

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I think MAYBE they aren’t seating the mags correctly…..

Yeah….. I take it in the backyard try and replicate the issue and I come up with nothing. I don’t know what else it could be. Maybe because they are loading on the closed bolt….
    Not sure which mag they're running, but I had a BX-25 that caused multiple malfunctions. Only magazine I've ever had an issue with. Disassembled it, wiped it down, light lube and reassembled it. To this day, I couldn't tell you which of my mags it is because I never marked it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Not sure which mag they're running, but I had a BX-25 that caused multiple malfunctions. Only magazine I've ever had an issue with. Disassembled it, wiped it down, light lube and reassembled it. To this day, I couldn't tell you which of my mags it is because I never marked it.
    Not to discount your ammo bullet being too wide which is common with .22lr. Shaves off when loading.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Clean Up Cleaning GIF by Bear Hands (GIF Image)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I think @marvin02 disassembles and cleans all of his mags between steel competitions.
    About every third one. All my mags have clear bodies now and you can see when you're getting build up. I pretty much use CCI mini mags and they don't have the case lube like some other brands.

The BX25 mags can be problematic. There is a YouTube video that shows how to modify them so that they feed better

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Ran 3 mags today not a single issue……. And they had issues at every single stage yesterday except the 1st one I just don’t get it

And it is an absolute monsoon right now but blowing over pretty quick

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Wife and I took the kid and his buddy to the new Indiana Dinosaur Museum/South Bend Chocolate Company/Continental Divide Park.

View attachment 370330View attachment 370331View attachment 370332View attachment 370333
    Glad you enjoyed it. That stupid building has been part of my life ever since 2018. It was originally designed by Ancon Construction back, but somehow made it's way to me. I was the primary draftsmen for the main building, at least on the architectural side of things.

Top Bottom