NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    IMG_0199_ALT.jpg
    When the building was just concrete footers.
    IMG_0279_ALT.jpg
    Panoramic of the PEMB structure.
    IMG_0351_ALT.jpg
    Inside on the factory side before the slab was poured.
    IMG_0426_ALT.jpg
    When Governor Holcomb made a visit to the site last year. Guy with the white hair looking at the governor on the right of the image is Mark Tarner, owner of the chocolate factory and museum. Guy in the high visibility was the field superintendent, Jim. Awesome guy, would fit very well here on this site. Recently got into reloading rifle calibers.
    IMG_0516_ALT.jpg
    The museum when we were installing the dryfall paint on the ceiling.
    IMG_0520_ALT.jpg
    Jim taking me through the factory during the finishing phase.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    We ponyed up the additional $10 for the huge dig room for fossils.
    Interesting back story on that dig room. Originally that wasn't in the plans, Mark just quietly built that one day. Was not on any sealed sealed and approved architectural or engineering drawings, so we had to measure up that structure and revise our drawings and send it back to state for approval. Ugh. For high profile projects like this, you can't just build anything you want. There's an approval process you need to follow, but that guy will do what he wants to do. Glad that project is done.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Rain gauge at the house shows we got a little over 1.5" Streets at the shop say we got a bit more than that. I've only seen the streets at the shop flood worse than that 1 time in 22 years, and that was 09 I believe, when we got 15" of rain in 12 hours.

Edit to add, looks like another cell heading towards us that could bring a downpour

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Rain gauge at the house shows we got a little over 1.5" Streets at the shop say we got a bit more than that. I've only seen the streets at the shop flood worse than that 1 time in 22 years, and that was 09 I believe, when we got 15" of rain in 12 hours.

Edit to add, looks like another cell heading towards us that could bring a downpour
    And it dramatically cooled off!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    And it dramatically cooled off!
    When that sun came out late morning/afternoon it got miserable. The humidity was awful. It's better now but I just got out the pool too, so it always feels better then. Kids at marching band practice from 5-8. Bet she's feeling the humidity still...lol

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Went to the lake county fair…… it was my only day. And it was HOT. Also….. there is a new sign at the gate that says “no firearms metal detectors in use” needless to say I didn’t come across a single metal detector.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Went to the lake county fair…… it was my only day. And it was HOT. Also….. there is a new sign at the gate that says “no firearms metal detectors in use” needless to say I didn’t come across a single metal detector.
    Might only bring them out at night

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Might only bring them out at night
    Where would they put them lol there was nothing at the fair empty spots everywhere….. less than impressed I can only imagine the night time.

I did however witness the woman working at the democratic booth actually get physical with a young lady (under 16) …….. in order to block her from taking a picture with the Kamala card board cut out because she had a trump hat on. It was embarrassing and I stayed to make sure the woman did not take it any further. It was unbelievable.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Beats me. I haven't been to Lake County fair in years. Didn't even go to Porter County this year.
    Neighbor said $15 for an elephant ear at the PoCo Fair. Another said, now at the Lake Co. Fair, now if you ride with kids, the adult had to burn tickets too.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Neighbor said $15 for an elephant ear at the PoCo Fair. Another said, now at the Lake Co. Fair, now if you ride with kids, the adult had to burn tickets too.
    That has been like that for AWHILE the ride policy

$22 for the fried cheese combo……… literally the only reason I go to the fair but it is getting out of hand.

Top Bottom