NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So Thanksgiving will be at your place right?
    If they're still here, that's a possibility. I have corn out for them to persuade them to stick around, but they haven't found it or are too dumb. They're all just relaxing right now.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Hey, that's @mmpsteve 's spirit animal.

Yep, I gave the Wild Turkey spirits a ride for 40+ years, then figured out it was time to give it a rest. I remember most of those years, but some of it is lost forever.

Been nearly 5 years, but I still crave it occasionally.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Got home from Canada Niagara Falls last night around 5, ordered pizza, made a couple drinks and sat by a fire, done nothing but a little laundry today and that’s about all the effort that’s gonna happen. Canada was fun but expensive! Bring at the falls (tourist trap) drove prices up of course but damn. Drinks weee outrageous, dinner was too, everywhere. Gas is around $8/gallon, thankfully only topped off there about $40 and refilled in Pa. on the way back. It was a great trip tho. Thanks for not popping off with civil war 2 while we were unarmed in another country.
    Canadian prices are high everywhere there. Maybe not that bad but it's bad enough elsewhere

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Well was accelerating on the highway last Friday when suddenly my truck wanted to lurch to the left. Almost flipped the truck but I got it under control and pulled over. Looked at the wheels and couldn't see anything wrong. Tires were okay. So I started driving slow with the hazards and everything seemed fine, but I something had obviously happened. Got off the highway and headed home. We were going to change my brakes anyways, going to have to investigate this too.

Got to a hill and suddenly the steering wheel started going a little squirrely, but manageable. Took about 30 minutes to get home going slow and letting others pass me with the hazards on (thank goodness for barely used country roads) Eventually got to my friend Scott's house, who has a lift. When my stepdad got off work, we investigated and lo and behold my driver side tie rod sheered off the wheel. Cost us less than $100 to fix, but Friday was not a fun day for me. Going to have to get a new truck here soon, ugh.

On a lighter side, my bathroom is now fully functional, just not 100% finished. Hopefully will be moving in here in a week or two.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well was accelerating on the highway last Friday when suddenly my truck wanted to lurch to the left. Almost flipped the truck but I got it under control and pulled over. Looked at the wheels and couldn't see anything wrong. Tires were okay. So I started driving slow with the hazards and everything seemed fine, but I something had obviously happened. Got off the highway and headed home. We were going to change my brakes anyways, going to have to investigate this too.

Got to a hill and suddenly the steering wheel started going a little squirrely, but manageable. Took about 30 minutes to get home going slow and letting others pass me with the hazards on (thank goodness for barely used country roads) Eventually got to my friend Scott's house, who has a lift. When my stepdad got off work, we investigated and lo and behold my driver side tie rod sheered off the wheel. Cost us less than $100 to fix, but Friday was not a fun day for me. Going to have to get a new truck here soon, ugh.

On a lighter side, my bathroom is now fully functional, just not 100% finished. Hopefully will be moving in here in a week or two.
    Glad you are OK .

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Good job keeping control with only one-wheel steering.

Top Bottom