NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    It looks like the front boards swing down. How do you get at the stuff way in there?
    Initially the left side was a drawer and the right just a drop down door into a 4 foot long opening. Long stuff went on the right.

I changed the right side to also be a drawer eventually and added a "second story" of three shallow drawers on top. I don't do that job any more, but when I was working I seldom (almost never in 7 1/2 years) found myself without the tools I needed.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Don't I know it. But there is so much money to be had as an electrician. Like where were the guidance counselors telling us about that career back when I was in high school...
    The system is rigged.
    "Higher education" is the 20th and 21th century form of slavery. Saddle the youth with college debt tand worthless degrees (for the majority of them).

The system needs slaves and non-critical thinkers in order to work.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got my obnoxious curtains put up in the van. I'll take down the ones on the back windows and the ones that separate the cab from the cargo section when I'm driving.

Back doors
    View attachment 367149

side door
    View attachment 367150

the curtain separating the cab from the cargo section
    View attachment 367152

My mattress and my cabinet. There is a piece of white plywood on the outside, and the mattress is behind it. I can pull the plywood and mattress down from the side, lay the plywood down, then put the mattress on top
    View attachment 367154

With a van like that do you hang around at the park giving away candy?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The lack of electricians is astounding. Everyday it seems at least 1 electrician calls off at the job site I've been on for 2 weeks, and it puts them critically behind. They are flying people in from other states just to have enough people to get the jobs done.

It is seriously putting my team behind in a big way. This client is gonna end up paying an extra 20k to have us come back next week. Thank god I have an excellent project manager who is quite the bulldog. Every time they try and pin a holdup on my team, my project manager shuts them down with a timeline of events down to the half hour.

I feel kinda bad for this other company, they are hiring men and women right out of high school trades classes to run cable, and they still can't keep up with the work.
    This nation is facing a huge shortage of electricians.

Other skilled trades too.

But we probably need 100,000 or more electricians.

If you know any young people, with any aptitude for it, talk to them about becoming an electrician. Job security, high income, flexible work schedule for life!

Welders . . . Machinists . . . Truck Drivers . . . Plumbers

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, they do allow a certain ... "latitude"..
    so psychopath......isn't that who the navy sends to submarines?

The Navy has "Shrinks", and the Navy has "Shrink" just for submariners.

If a guy gets rated as being under too much stress, and a danger... and then they find out he's a Submariner... then he has to go to the Sub Shrink to get evaluated.
    Where they usually tell you to pull up your pants and get with the program.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    This nation is facing a huge shortage of electricians.

Other skilled trades too.

But we probably need 100,000 or more electricians.

If you know any young people, with any aptitude for it, talk to them about becoming an electrician. Job security, high income, flexible work schedule for life!

Welders . . . Machinists . . . Truck Drivers . . . Plumbers
    I could be wrong. But I think folks now a days don't have much work ethic. There are great opportunities to make some serious cash with very good benefits. Especially union jobs. As was mentioned in other posts they are hurting for people in these jobs. Meaning work opportunities are available for folks who really want to work. This past Friday we had flooring installed in our kitchen/dining rooms. The two gents showed up, one guy could not speak English at all. The other guy could barely speak English. My wife is a detail person and had some questions for them. She got a bit frustrated. In the end, they did great quality work. Which is all I care about.

Top Bottom