NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well was accelerating on the highway last Friday when suddenly my truck wanted to lurch to the left. Almost flipped the truck but I got it under control and pulled over. Looked at the wheels and couldn't see anything wrong. Tires were okay. So I started driving slow with the hazards and everything seemed fine, but I something had obviously happened. Got off the highway and headed home. We were going to change my brakes anyways, going to have to investigate this too.

Got to a hill and suddenly the steering wheel started going a little squirrely, but manageable. Took about 30 minutes to get home going slow and letting others pass me with the hazards on (thank goodness for barely used country roads) Eventually got to my friend Scott's house, who has a lift. When my stepdad got off work, we investigated and lo and behold my driver side tie rod sheered off the wheel. Cost us less than $100 to fix, but Friday was not a fun day for me. Going to have to get a new truck here soon, ugh.

On a lighter side, my bathroom is now fully functional, just not 100% finished. Hopefully will be moving in here in a week or two.
    Had a similar thing happen to me. Front driver's side tie rod broken. It was in a Pontiac, not a pick up. But yeah, no fun at all. I ended up crossing 3 lanes of traffic, 2 of which were oncoming.

No accident, no injury, but whoopee what a fun 15 seconds.

Had mine towed to the shop.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    TBH if I had known it was the tie rod at the time, I probably wouldn't have risked driving it back. However, I don't regret not hiring a tow truck. The tie rod smacked against the rim and cracked it open, so the tire wouldn't hold air for more than an hour. We managed to patch the rim from the inside, and so far it's still good. Still bought one of those Bullseye mobile air compressors just in case, though.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    Had a similar thing happen to me. Front driver's side tie rod broken. It was in a Pontiac, not a pick up. But yeah, no fun at all. I ended up crossing 3 lanes of traffic, 2 of which were oncoming.

No accident, no injury, but whoopee what a fun 15 seconds.

Had mine towed to the shop.
    Also had a similar experience in my truck when the drivers side radius arm in my truck broke while I was driving on Rt 30.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    TBH if I had known it was the tie rod at the time, I probably wouldn't have risked driving it back. However, I don't regret not hiring a tow truck. The tie rod smacked against the rim and cracked it open, so the tire wouldn't hold air for more than an hour. We managed to patch the rim from the inside, and so far it's still good. Still bought one of those Bullseye mobile air compressors just in case, though.
    I got a similar air compressor made by Ryobi. It works great. I hope yours does as well!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Also had a similar experience in my truck when the drivers side radius arm in my truck broke while I was driving on Rt 30.

I think it must have been Jedi who got involved in an accident late this morning out on 294 near OakBrook ... Story says it was the Wienermobile ... flipped like one of those hot dogs at the 7-11 on the roller grill.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think it must have been Jedi who got involved in an accident late this morning out on 294 near OakBrook ... Story says it was the Wienermobile ... flipped like one of those hot dogs at the 7-11 on the roller grill.

This morning 94 leaving the city was fully stopped at Sibley. The snow plows were blocking thr highway.

6 state trooper cars on the road, 1 car flipped on its back. Troopers all over the road looking for something.

Maybe it was a police chase with shooting. Unknown

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Would it hold the interests of 8 and 10 year olds?
    From kid sister who had taken niece (5) to it several times.

to do the for older kids, they had like a computer screen where you can design mascots, they have the magnet ties, the Build-A-Bear's, a dance thing where you can put on the weight of the mascot, and a place where you can do like videos like create like a commercial. I think it just depends on the kid.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I was thinking before Pierogi Fest.
    I was thinking to avoid the Pierogi Fest. We make our own.

We buy some.

But driving up to Thug Land :pimp: to see Jedi and his kin folk profiteering off the Pols/Slavs while hating on the fuzzy and cuddly raccoon army just seems like a mistake to the highest order.

On the bright side, we real Slavs and Poles can get Pierogi without the crowds from Dan's food truck or from the Carpathian Deli/Market at 30\41.

Top Bottom