NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They bouggt the mortage jedi has and it's been nothing but headaches with then for thr past 4 years now.

Going into any of the branches is pointless those employees can't do anything and just talk to a center that is just as clueless and helpless as they are.

Every year it's the same run around.
    My first issue with Chase was with my mortgage that had been sold to them.

None of the big banks are worth a :poop: .

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The ironic part was when jedi was shopping for mortgages jedi did look at them for one. This was back in 2020. They offered a 8.5% APR on a 25% down payment with an 825 credit score. Like seriously wtf!

Shopped around more and landed on a 2.9% APR and closed on the house.

3 months later after having paid just 2 payments to the lender jedi gets "chase mortage" letter saying they bought thr mortage.

:xmad: really. You were unwilling to give the 2.9% yet you bought the mortage?
    Since then it's been headaches upon headaches from automatic payments paying a DIFFERENT account, payments to escrow not being applied to escrow but intested interest, the inability to pre-pay for the year to avoid a monthly increase due to taxes/insurance changes, and having automatic payment setup to take from their own chase checking account and still the payment not being taken on time when their systems say payment will pull on day "a", 7 days before payment due and still not pulled timely and getting hit with late pay which then has to be reversed due to their own errors.

Ok let me just stop cause it's too early for all this mess! Sadly it looks like jedi is stuck with them for at least another decade.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Well, yesterday was the day. The local gun store I've been going to ever since I started getting into shooting is officially gone. Top Shot Armory here in South Bend had their liquidation auction yesterday. Ron, the owner, decided to retire which is good news, however the shooting community here will not be the same. I've spent a lot of hours in their offices shooting the s*** with Ron and some of the awesome employees over the years. It was sad to see the place being cut up and divided.

I didn't walk away empty handed, however. I got an AR upper that was custom made by Turnbull Restoration that was case hardened, and is one of only 130 made. The other was a AR-10 lower also made by Turnbull and is also case hardened. That lower is a single digit serial of only 35 ever made, and was personally given to Ron buy Doug Turnbull in a collaboration between Top Shot and Turnbull Restoration.

Did get to spend some time with my dad, who is not really that much of a gun guy, however he did buy some stuff in the auction. Not that this entirely matters, but ironically enough despite missing most of the work day, we actually walked away with more than we spent.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well, yesterday was the day. The local gun store I've been going to ever since I started getting into shooting is officially gone. Top Shot Armory here in South Bend had their liquidation auction yesterday. Ron, the owner, decided to retire which is good news, however the shooting community here will not be the same. I've spent a lot of hours in their offices shooting the s*** with Ron and some of the awesome employees over the years. It was sad to see the place being cut up and divided.

I didn't walk away empty handed, however. I got an AR upper that was custom made by Turnbull Restoration that was case hardened, and is one of only 130 made. The other was a AR-10 lower also made by Turnbull and is also case hardened. That lower is a single digit serial of only 35 ever made, and was personally given to Ron buy Doug Turnbull in a collaboration between Top Shot and Turnbull Restoration.

Did get to spend some time with my dad, who is not really that much of a gun guy, however he did buy some stuff in the auction. Not that this entirely matters, but ironically enough despite missing most of the work day, we actually walked away with more than we spent.
    I never knew I needed a color case hardened ar until just now, thanks for that. :facepalm:

Time with dad is good and sounds like you got some cool stuff, stinks your lgs is going away…… it isn’t just a blow to your local gun community but to freedom in general the little stores help keep freedom intact.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The ironic part was when jedi was shopping for mortgages jedi did look at them for one. This was back in 2020. They offered a 8.5% APR on a 25% down payment with an 825 credit score. Like seriously wtf!

3 months later after having paid just 2 payments to the lender jedi gets "chase mortage" letter saying they bought thr mortage.

Since then it's been headaches upon headaches from automatic payments paying a DIFFERENT account, payments to escrow not being applied to escrow but intested interest, the inability to pre-pay for the year to avoid a monthly increase due to taxes/insurance changes, and having automatic payment setup to take from their own chase checking account and still the payment not being taken on time when their systems say payment will pull on day "a", 7 days before payment due and still not pulled timely and getting hit with late pay which then has to be reversed due to their own errors.

Ok let me just stop cause it's too early for all this mess! Sadly it looks like jedi is stuck with them for at least another decade.
    I always felt that the buying of mortgages by banks should be illegal. Obviously it’s a ponsi type scheme where someone is making money. If I want my mortgage with bank an and sign a contract with them why should bank b be able to buy it. Im sure in the 100 pages of legalize they make you sign that no one reads it says this is perfectly ok to do.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

I always felt that the buying of mortgages by banks should be illegal. Obviously it’s a ponsi type scheme where someone is making money. If I want my mortgage with bank A and sign a contract with them why should bank B be able to buy it. Im sure in the 100 pages of legalize they make you sign that no one reads it says this is perfectly ok to do.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I always felt that the buying of mortgages by banks should be illegal. Obviously it’s a ponsi type scheme where someone is making money. If I want my mortgage with bank an and sign a contract with them why should bank b be able to buy it. Im sure in the 100 pages of legalize they make you sign that no one reads it says this is perfectly ok to do.
    I always felt that the buying of mortgages by banks should be illegal. Obviously it’s a ponsi type scheme where someone is making money. If I want my mortgage with bank A and sign a contract with them why should bank B be able to buy it. Im sure in the 100 pages of legalize they make you sign that no one reads it says this is perfectly ok to do.
    Was there a glitch in the Matrix?

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Pictures to come. I'm not sure if I'm going to build them into anything or not because these are beyond rare. I believe the lower was retailing over $1,000 (though I didn't pay even close to that amount).
    Well if they ever need a new home……. I kinda have a thing for that finish not sure why

Top Bottom