NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Well, I hope everyone's 4th is going better than mine. Tried to start my main computer today and I couldn't get it to display. Check the LEDs. White, meaning it doesn't detect the GPU. Tried restarting it and everything, no cigar. Tried another GPU, still no detection. Cleared CMOS. Now it won't POST. White light goes away, but now I get Green LED and A2 Q-Code. IDE Detect. Go to Staples to get a fresh flash drive and flash the BIOS since my motherboard has a button to flash without having to POST or enter BIOS normally. Goes all good. Still Green and A2 Q-Code. WTF!

I just don't know what the hell is wrong. Before the first time I cleared CMOS, it booted up normally but refused to detect the GPU. I knew this because I have a Corsair Commander Unit that changes the color of my fans when I log in. Now they stay default color and it seems like it gets stuck in BIOS, but I can't confirm anything because nothing displays on screen. The one time I regret having a workstation CPU that doesn't have onboard display.

I don't know what to do now. It's like it's going into BIOS, but I can't manipulate anything because it still refuses to detect the GPU, despite the White LED turning off.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Good luck with that, Z. I hope you get it figured out. Two days ago, I woke up to the BSOD on my PC. I backed up everything I could. It's still running, but you never know.

OK, I feel better now. Picked up a 6-pack of Yuengling, so now I can enjoy the 4th from my front porch. Neighbors on both sides are having parties, so it could get interesting.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Good luck with that, Z. I hope you get it figured out. Two days ago, I woke up to the BSOD on my PC. I backed up everything I could. It's still running, but you never know.
    I'll probably have to take it to the computer people tomorrow, and if that don't work send the motherboard back to ASUS. At least I'm sure that it wasn't the 3090 GPU that was broken, as I don't think I could afford to replace that right now. The motherboard would be less to replace, however it means I won't get any work done on my four day weekend.

And some people suggest that computers should run our lives.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

OK, I feel better now. Picked up a 6-pack of Yuengling, so now I can enjoy the 4th from my front porch. Neighbors on both sides are having parties, so it could get interesting.
    You have a great plan to sit on your porch and get free entertainment tonight. Priceless.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Left the parade about halfway through. I was so overstimulated I thought I was going to crawl out of my skin. Too many people, too many kids, too much noise, too much commotion. I was so uncomfortable that I just came home.
    Fund the hello kitty lego death star and jedi will solve this issue 4 u

Just dsaying...

Top Bottom