NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :crying:
    Oldest daughter surprised jedi today. Actually thinking about it it started yesterday as well.

Yesterday she wanted to go shooting so jedi took everything and we went shooting. She spent 2 hours before she said she had enough. Mind you she seldom wants to go shooting and while she is not anti-gun she is not pro-gun either.

In any case today she text me and says she attended the military funeral procession for the solider that was coming from ohare to nwi.

jedi has taken her to a few in the area to show our support. Today she did it all by herself.

:)

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Comcast business service has been pretty good for us. You get a little less "speed", but better service.
    Appreciate the suggestion, but Comcast has less coverage than AT&T around here. T-Mobile, Hughes-Net, AT&T, Comcast, all of them do not support my area. I'm not that far from city limits and I'm on a busy road, but yet it's like the land that time forgot or something. As far as I know, Starlink is my only option. My friend has more trees surrounding his property and Starlink works great for him, so it should work for me.

I'm not someone who necessarily spends a lot of time on the internet, however I do need an internet connection for bills, software licenses, and of course INGO.

I had to laugh when AT&T told me to sign up for notifications if fiber comes to my address. Like when do you plan on that happening, honey!?:rofl:It took my stepdad several years to get fiber, and he's right across the street from the main fiber node.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Need suggestions for father's rights attorneys in NWI. 19 days from being able to legally own firearms and again things are already going sideways.
    Well there's our own @HoughMade up there, but I don't believe he does that kind of thing.

Only other attorney up there I know would be Alex Woloshansky. He was doing family law a few years back, but doesn't currently have it listed on his site. He been practicing law for about 50 yrs and is 2A friendly though.
    219 769-3333

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    @ZurokSlayer7X9 It is worth signing up for notifications of service area expansions/availability. If you have neighbors, have them do it also - and who do they have? Did you check Nitco, Wow, Verizon as well?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Appreciate the suggestion, but Comcast has less coverage than AT&T around here. T-Mobile, Hughes-Net, AT&T, Comcast, all of them do not support my area. I'm not that far from city limits and I'm on a busy road, but yet it's like the land that time forgot or something. As far as I know, Starlink is my only option. My friend has more trees surrounding his property and Starlink works great for him, so it should work for me.

I'm not someone who necessarily spends a lot of time on the internet, however I do need an internet connection for bills, software licenses, and of course INGO.

I had to laugh when AT&T told me to sign up for notifications if fiber comes to my address. Like when do you plan on that happening, honey!?:rofl:It took my stepdad several years to get fiber, and he's right across the street from the main fiber node.
    It can be a pain sometimes. Comcast goes down my road. I would see their trucks working on the lines at times. Yet when I tried to get service from them, they said they did not service my area.

It took me about two years to get service. The next step was they said they were in the area, but not my side of the road. I then pointed out that their line literally crossed the road into my front yard. The pole is about 50' in front of my front door.

They finally sent someone out to actually look and survey it and figured out I was right. They want about $2800 to do the install though to bore the line to my house. Didn't even give me the option to just trench it.

My company then asked to have the line installed, and they waved the install charges.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Because we are landlocked in certain areas and since we own the entire city block, meaning just 1 customer, fiber went around us many moons ago.

Now in order to get fiber the big telecos want us to pay for ripping up the city street to connect to the nearest node.

They won't eat the cost since it's just 1 customer. If we sell the block and they build a high rise with hundreds of new tenants off course the telecos will do it then.

So it's a waiting game until jedi runs out of parts or jedi retires and it's someone else problem. jedi has enough parts on hand to go another 50 years. We will be long gone by then.
    Why would they pay for that? They are not a charity. We pay to have lines installed at our facilities all the time.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have comcast right now and am starting to get pissed but have no other option. The service is good; however, I started out at like 75 meg for $29/mo, they raised it to 100meg "for free", contract up, well now its 69.99 but we have a deal for 39.99, ok fine. Raised the speed to 150, then 200, price goes up each time contract ends. Currently up to $70/mo with no contract but not able to get a deal to bring the price back down. Somewhere along the line they added in a data cap of 1.2GB which we finally went over in May for the first time, and we were really close again in June. They want another $30/mo for unlimited data.

Only options are one of the 5G boxes but Tmobile sucks both service and CS wise and Verizon is just an ungodly rip off. Plus I don't trust any of their cellular services to be reliable enough for work from home, streaming, and gaming for five people.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have comcast right now and am starting to get pissed but have no other option. The service is good; however, I started out at like 75 meg for $29/mo, they raised it to 100meg "for free", contract up, well now its 69.99 but we have a deal for 39.99, ok fine. Raised the speed to 150, then 200, price goes up each time contract ends. Currently up to $70/mo with no contract but not able to get a deal to bring the price back down. Somewhere along the line they added in a data cap of 1.2GB which we finally went over in May for the first time, and we were really close again in June. They want another $30/mo for unlimited data.

Only options are one of the 5G boxes but Tmobile sucks both service and CS wise and Verizon is just an ungodly rip off. Plus I don't trust any of their cellular services to be reliable enough for work from home, streaming, and gaming for five people.
    Make it so not everyone in the home gets to stream at 4k. That will solve your issue.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Chase sucks. I've avoided them for over 20 years
    They bouggt the mortage jedi has and it's been nothing but headaches with then for thr past 4 years now.

Going into any of the branches is pointless those employees can't do anything and just talk to a center that is just as clueless and helpless as they are.

Every year it's the same run around.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My chase debit info was hacked….. and someone bought Chinese carry out in San Francisco. I filed a complaint immediately and chase put a hold on my account and cancelled the payment. While they “investigated“ one month later the charge appears back on my account and they said that they were unable to determine it was fraud. And proceeded to tell me to pound sand.

I kept the account but it is just a shell of what I used to use it for I have switched to credit cards and cash. I won’t use or recommend chase to anyone.

Top Bottom