NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    And it also did some damage to the nearby house. Some dumbass on Facebook commented "Aren't fireworks made of cardboard? How can they do that much damage?"

View attachment 362763
    "A large firework did not leave the ground severely injuring at least 7, including children."

LIGHT FUSE, RUN AWAY!

My mom and I used to be the pyrotechnicians of the neighborhood beck when we lived in the old house. We've had on several occasions 2", 3", and #500 mortars explode in the tube. One of the tubes was made of fiberglass while another was made of PVC, though no one got hurt from the shrapnel because everyone was far enough away.

My favorite one was being chased by what was effectively an M-80 with wings. We got them from a local lawn mower shop that used to sell some cool (probably not legal) fireworks, and they were composed of a firecracker with red plastic wings. The thing would shoot up into the air and explode with a comparable report and flash as an M-80. They stopped selling those after that year unfortunately.

Then there was the time my mom found a shell at that same lawnmower place that was almost the size of a volley ball. The guy at the counter said that wasn't supposed to be out on the sales area, but he would still sell it to us. He told us we need to bury the tube 6' into the ground and everything. My mom (wisely) declined to buy it.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    GRRVyQNacAABG_i.jpg

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    AT&T came back to me and said there was no way they can provide internet for my house, even though both my neighbors have internet through them. Apparently they are still using DSL, and AT&T cannot hook up a new DSL service, so they pretty much told to go eff myself. Comcast is worse than AT&T, and my neighbor said the HughesNet screwed him over because he bought the equipment only to find out it doesn't work because of the trees and they told him to eff off as well.

Guess it's Starlink for me, since the stupid internet companies can't get their s*** together. It's ironic since I'm literally a mile away from a major AT&T fiber hub, but it doesn't go down my road and they ain't going to run it down my road probably for a while, so I got no other choice.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    AT&T came back to me and said there was no way they can provide internet for my house, even though both my neighbors have internet through them. Apparently they are still using DSL, and AT&T cannot hook up a new DSL service, so they pretty much told to go eff myself. Comcast is worse than AT&T, and my neighbor said the HughesNet screwed him over because he bought the equipment only to find out it doesn't work because of the trees and they told him to eff off as well.

Guess it's Starlink for me, since the stupid internet companies can't get their s*** together. It's ironic since I'm literally a mile away from a major AT&T fiber hub, but it doesn't go down my road and they ain't going to run it down my road probably for a while, so I got no other choice.
    Comcast business service has been pretty good for us. You get a little less "speed", but better service.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Yups AT&T is out of the DSL internet business and ha e only allowed old accounts to be in service until 1) the customer misses a payment and AT&T will.cancel the service and no longer provide it or 2) the equipment back at the station finally fails and AT&T will not replace it (they can't buy the parts anymore and don't have anymore in inventory).

Now if you are like jedi who was laughed at for over the last decade for taking all the AT&T abandoned DSL and PBX phone equipment that they would leave behind in our offices you would not have an issue. When it fails at the jedi site (work) and AT&T says they can't repair it, jedi hands them their own inventory part back to them and says here you go. :rofl:

And jedi continues on the service just to **** them off. :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yups AT&T is out of the DSL internet business and ha e only allowed old accounts to be in service until 1) the customer misses a payment and AT&T will.cancel the service and no longer provide it or 2) the equipment back at the station finally fails and AT&T will not replace it (they can't buy the parts anymore and don't have anymore in inventory).

Now if you are like jedi who was laughed at for over the last decade for taking all the AT&T abandoned DSL and PBX phone equipment that they would leave behind in our offices you would not have an issue. When it fails at the jedi site (work) and AT&T says they can't repair it, jedi hands them their own inventory part back to them and says here you go. :rofl:

And jedi continues on the service just to **** them off. :)
    Why would you WANT DSL service?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why would you WANT DSL service?
    Because we are landlocked in certain areas and since we own the entire city block, meaning just 1 customer, fiber went around us many moons ago.

Now in order to get fiber the big telecos want us to pay for ripping up the city street to connect to the nearest node.

They won't eat the cost since it's just 1 customer. If we sell the block and they build a high rise with hundreds of new tenants off course the telecos will do it then.

So it's a waiting game until jedi runs out of parts or jedi retires and it's someone else problem. jedi has enough parts on hand to go another 50 years. We will be long gone by then.

Top Bottom