2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I suppose I am just poor.

I bought an Aldi un frozen vacuum packed ribeye a couple of weeks ago. I prepared it with olive oil, a little salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and gave it a good rub. I broiled it for 5 minutes on each side, to perfect medium rare.

I enjoyed it. I would recommend it to other poor peeps on the site!

PS, that has been followed by a couple more.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, I suppose I am just poor.

I bought an Aldi un frozen vacuum packed ribeye a couple of weeks ago. I prepared it with olive oil, a little salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and gave it a good rub. I broiled it for 5 minutes on each side, to perfect medium rare.

I enjoyed it. I would recommend it to other poor peeps on the site!

PS, that has been followed by a couple more.
    Aldi meat is GTG IMO.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Had outpatient foot surgery. 2 screws in my left foot. Arthritis related issues.

The surgeon gave me a local 'pain blocker' injection that wore off before I could even get the prescription pain meds from Walgreens. (hydrocodone 5)

FAAAAAK it hurts. I'll be in a 'boot' for 6-8 weeks. I can resume very limited coaching in 4 weeks. Today I just want more pain pills (and some that actually work).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    60 minutes after pill #2 and the pain is probably a 6 out of 10. My foot is also packed in ice.

Seriously can't believe they didn't warn me on how much pain I would be in. Doctor literally said I'd probably need pain pills for 2 days. I hope he is correct and it is dramatically reduced in 48 hours.

But I'm not kidding when I say this is among the worst pain I've ever experienced and I passed a jagged edged kidney stone the size of Tylenol capsule.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ugh. Christmas lights are going along slow, as usual.
    Brothers are helping me. But, whereas Dad has done this year after year, they (brothers) require more supervision, because they haven't.

But, 3 more sets of lights to go up.
    A lot of them need to be plugged in.
    And I need to make sure each of the 5 controllers is talking to the 'brain'.
    I know one is, because some of the lights are doing their things, and the music is transmitting.

NEXT year, the lights are going up the week before Thanksgiving.
    If someone decides to remodel, or do a major project, that week, too bad.
    Gotta get my lights up.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Grrrrrrr.. Went to Indy Saturday and spent the night. Started up the truck in the morning, it's running rough and the check engine light comes on. Yeah, o.k. I drove it home.
    Took it to a shop today and they put in a variable valve timing solenoid. 07 Ford 5.4 Triton with 162,000 on it.
    Got a call to pick it up and asked if I should start looking for something else. Guy say's no, I think it will be
    alright.
    Got in, started it and still seemed to be running rough but a little better. Go 2 blocks and the check engine
    light comes back on and stays on. Still idles rough.
    Grrrrrrrr.. Guess I'll see what the dealer has to say. Probably gonna cost 3 or 4 grand for timing chains and phasers at which point I don't know if I would fix it.
    Truck had the rear end rebuilt about 5 years ago and factory reman trans 3 years ago.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ugh. Christmas lights are going along slow, as usual.
    Brothers are helping me. But, whereas Dad has done this year after year, they (brothers) require more supervision, because they haven't.

But, 3 more sets of lights to go up.
    A lot of them need to be plugged in.
    And I need to make sure each of the 5 controllers is talking to the 'brain'.
    I know one is, because some of the lights are doing their things, and the music is transmitting.

NEXT year, the lights are going up the week before Thanksgiving.
    If someone decides to remodel, or do a major project, that week, too bad.
    Gotta get my lights up.
    I have confidence you'll have them up and running by Jan 1st :stickpoke:

go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Grrrrrrr.. Went to Indy Saturday and spent the night. Started up the truck in the morning, it's running rough and the check engine light comes on. Yeah, o.k. I drove it home.
    Took it to a shop today and they put in a variable valve timing solenoid. 07 Ford 5.4 Triton with 162,000 on it.
    Got a call to pick it up and asked if I should start looking for something else. Guy say's no, I think it will be
    alright.
    Got in, started it and still seemed to be running rough but a little better. Go 2 blocks and the check engine
    light comes back on and stays on. Still idles rough.
    Grrrrrrrr.. Guess I'll see what the dealer has to say. Probably gonna cost 3 or 4 grand for timing chains and phasers at which point I don't know if I would fix it.
    Truck had the rear end rebuilt about 5 years ago and factory reman trans 3 years ago.
    I understand S happens but this his why I test drive for 30mins to 1 hour and perform cold starts everyday the truck sits waiting for pick up. I hate these issues.

Any idea what the DTC was? That's a 3 valve so have you ever had plugs done? Coils?

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I go to Dean's on 30 1 light East of Home Depot.

Chuck has always diagnosed and fixed any problem I have had.

He has several mechanics and I have always gotten my vehicle back in 24 hours or less.
    I have to stay close enough to home so I can walk or ride my bike back. Nobody to get a ride from other than a cab or uber.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom