Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My windchimes are singing loudly.
    Everyone has their thing. Mine is the hatred of wind chimes. Buddy's mom had one outside the living room. As a frequent to the home, and guest couch sleeper, the noise was annoying, especially sleeping off the booze. It became the joke of I was/had been there manipulating the dangling piece to silence it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Everyone has their thing. Mine is the hatred of wind chimes. Buddy's mom had one outside the living room. As a frequent to the home, and guest couch sleeper, the noise was annoying, especially sleeping off the booze. It became the joke of I was/had been there manipulating the dangling piece to silence it.
    I had a rather large wind chime hanging in back, and one day when there was a lot of snow, I shot a video of the dogs in the deep snow on the deck. When I played it back, I realized how loud those chimes were, and I took them down.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Don Quijote was actually a bit of a let down.. The service was amazing, the staff was all great. Drinks apps were good. The mains were lacking. Severely...

I did get the crab stuffed flounder and it was OK tasting but texture was off it was goooooey and both the paella were severely lacking in flavor and also were loaded with dried out cod.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Don Quijote was actually a bit of a let down.. The service was amazing, the staff was all great. Drinks apps were good. The mains were lacking. Severely...

I did get the crab stuffed flounder and it was OK tasting but texture was off it was goooooey and both the paella were severely lacking in flavor and also were loaded with dried out cod.
    Must have caught them on a bad day. And yes, it happens.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My cousin's first husband was a member at FBC so when he died in Afghanistan that's where they had the service. Something felt off about the place far beyond the normal church heeby jeebies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    The weekend is nearly over. Kids had sleep overs on Friday and sat night so we were alone for most the weekend. Dinner for the wife’s bday on Friday night at Rosebud Munster. Everything was great but I think they kept the Chicago prices on the menu. Damn that bill was high.

Today wife and the kids are at the in-laws baking cookies so I took the time to get everyone’s presents wrapped. The majority of the presents come from us, then a few smaller regular gifts from the big guy.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage

Never eaten there. I imagine it's not cheap either. A gym buddy recently went to lunch with his wife at a Mexican restaurant in Michigan City, $68.00 for lunch! Nothing fancy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Never eaten there. I imagine it's not cheap either. A gym buddy recently went to lunch with his wife at a Mexican restaurant in Michigan City, $68.00 for lunch! Nothing fancy.
    That is highway robbery!

South side of chiraqi or east Chicago or even hammond and you can get real Mexican food for way, way less.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    That is highway robbery!

South side of chiraqi or east Chicago or even hammond and you can get real Mexican food for way, way less.
    As a matter of fact the wife and I went for Mexican last night in Hobart. El Jimador 2, located in the mall on 6 by Stracks. We each had a cocktail, all the chips and salsa we wanted. And our meals which was enough to take home for lunch today, $35 without tip.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Twas an AK (plus vz. 58 & kid's Marlin JM marked single shot) cleaning kind of a day. I was requested to bring the youth rifle at Christmas time. Nothing more classic than poking holes in pop cans.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The weekend is nearly over. Kids had sleep overs on Friday and sat night so we were alone for most the weekend. Dinner for the wife’s bday on Friday night at Rosebud Munster. Everything was great but I think they kept the Chicago prices on the menu. Damn that bill was high.

Today wife and the kids are at the in-laws baking cookies so I took the time to get everyone’s presents wrapped. The majority of the presents come from us, then a few smaller regular gifts from the big guy.
    Chicago is ridiculous now. Earlier this year I was at Gibson's Italia. A NY strip was $75, for just the steak.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom