Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Dinner at Don Quijote was good as always. Garlicky goodness. I had the flounder stuffed with crab meat. Owner and wait staff are just as nice as always.
    We used to love Don Quijote when we were doing the Entertainment coupon book (a long, long time ago). Buy one meal, get one free, and they had the best crab. We both ate for around $25.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    So it will be like thr hammond one? Medium size no 2-story.

jedi actually likes the ridge/Colfax one since it's so small less people and 85% of the time app inventory is correct and with it being so small everything for a category is packed so u can get in and out very quick.

While the 2-story schererville one is nice it's always packed and way too much walking to get stuff. Especially the stuff on the 2nd floor. Time waster.
    That's how you get your daily steps in.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Our first time is tomorrow
    .. Give me details please
    Reservations are preferred, but I've never needed one. Parking is usually available on Michigan Ave. as it is next to Papa John's and spots open up frequently because it's grab and go. The usual opening free 3 openers placed before you. We added and split crab cakes (these are thick, not the flat ones). I chose to do crab chowder soup of the day. I'm a Cabernet Sauvignon guy, on top of the list, as they offer a tasting and that was top of the mark. She had sangria. Obviously my crab stuffed flounder was tender and flakey.
    I believe the wife ordered Paella Valenciana:
    A traditional shellfish, chicken and saffron rice dish originating in the region of valencia. She said every bite had a shrimp, mussel, or fish. Plentiful. The dish seemed to rejuvenate itself and she ate less than half lol. I watched her eat and it was crazy. Packed! No room for dessert, but at least listen to the waiters presentation of the selections. Entertaining.

Wait staff is accommodating on any level. The owner has always walked the room shook your hand and thanked you for patronizing.

Seperate husband/wife entertainment on stage seems to always start after 6pm. Complementary port wine palette cleanser before the bill.

I've had different main meals there. Always good. Just depends on taste. I prefer to eat things I don't have at home. Enjoy

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Sheepdog Cp is good, been a few times, inventory ha been limited when I went but prices were decent. They are not associated with sheepdog firearms on exchange in dyer, who has a great shop as well. I’ve spent more money at the dyer store.
    I'd add, might as well pop into South County Guns on 41 and make a morning of it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Even when I lived down the street from Griffith Menards, I still went to Merrillville because Griffith had more limited inventory and the employees weren't worth a damn for finding crap.
    Why is everyone calling it the Griffith Menards? It's not in Griffith, it Gary. Specifically the Black Oak section of Gary.
    Been to the drive in several times that used to be there.
    Yep, same here. Remember playing on the playground in front of the screen. I don't think most if any of the "equipment" would be allowed today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom