• Status
    Not open for further replies.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    No, I'm serious I'm actually about to get ready and head over to Westforth to pick up the .40 S&W. Hopefully they have one in stock. I think Blythes has them too, so Westforth 1st, if theyre out thne Blythes.

What, an M&P? I've only been to Westforth once and their prices made me want to gag. PLus all the bangers creeped me out looking at AK's, pointin' all over the store.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Me, I'm going to stick with Detonics Combat Masters as my guns of choice, with the occasional CZ75 thrown in for variety.

I may have to stop in your shop on the way home to show off the new Hi-Point. You never know you may just be a convert. I actually need to buy some cigars too, found an old humidor I have, just don't have the humidity thing. So I'm buying a gun, some cigars and a few lotto tickets so far.:patriot:

I figure if anything I can carry my Sig for the time I spend south of 30, and break out the new Hi-Point for those days I have to travel North of 30. I'll carry the 500 at just the events, and the new Ruger whenever. haha. :D

But for $199 with a no questions asked lifetime warranty, I don't think you can beat a Hi-Point:dunno:, not sure yet but it tempted me enough to actually go out and buy one today. haha.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I may have to stop in your shop on the way home to show off the new Hi-Point. You never know you may just be a convert. I actually need to buy some cigars too, found an old humidor I have, just don't have the humidity thing. So I'm buying a gun, some cigars and a few lotto tickets so far.:patriot:
    I'm smoking one of your ONYX cigars right now. I've not had one in quite a while, this really is a nice cigar with a good bold, but not overwhelming flavor.

As for the Hi-Point, meh . . .

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But for $199 with a no questions asked lifetime warranty, I don't think you can beat a Hi-Point:dunno:, not sure yet but it tempted me enough to actually go out and buy one today. haha.

Midwest Gun Exchange has the Hi-Point (9mm, .40 and .45) for $149.99 right now. Yes it's a dirve all th way to South Bend so I'm not sure if the $50 difference is worth it to you.

I too am looking for a Hi-Point but in 9mm as a "junk range gun". I figured I wait until the next Crown Point show and email Midwest Gun Exchange to see if they were going to come and ask them if they could bring a Hi-Point to sell to me at the show. That way I don't have to drive all the way out there.

I was at Westforth for the first time this week and it was "ok". Very clean, little store out in the middle of no-where. Did not see any natives in there. Prices were about what you expect from a smaller shop. Chef larry said that you can haggle on the price and they will come down on it.

Andy if you go today can you check to see if they have a Hi-Point 9mm and the price. Thanks!

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    :dunno:
    snip

I was at Westforth for the first time this week and it was "ok". Very clean, little store out in the middle of no-where. Did not see any natives in there. Prices were about what you expect from a smaller shop. Chef larry said that you can haggle on the price and they will come down on it.

snip

When I went there, they only had a couple boxes of .45acp and they were charging $35 for it:eek: They were also selling a Mosin for $160......:noway:
    That's all I had to see. Maybe when I'm in the market again for a new gun, I'll give them a chance and go there to haggle. :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They had a 9 there for like 172 I believe

Hum.. The Crown Point Show is coming up SEP 11 and 12. You may want to call/email Midwest Gun Exchange and see if they are coming and get them to bring you a Hi-Point.

It's $149.99 right now (all calibers) + $5 gun show fee lets see that would be. $160.48 for gun + $5 for show = 165.48 which is still cheaper than $184.04 (with tax) or savings of $18.64.

So now the question becomes can you wait till the gun show?
    Is the $20 worth waiting for?
    Is the $20 worth giving to a "bigger" but local store vs a "small" but local store.:dunno:

Heck I say haggle and tell them that Midwest Gun Exchange has them for $149.99 and THEY ARE coming to the Crown Point Gun show & see if they give it to you for that price. Matter of fact I think I'm gonna go do just that!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nope, he will just fit the stereotype
    smiley-laughing021.gif

+1!!!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Oldfb, Jediagh is just jealous because he's to young to be able to say been there-done that and mean it. Old age and treachery always wins.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I just got home. I bought the hi point, they wouldn't negotiate. I do have to say it's one of the ugliest guns I've ever seen, and it's suprisingly heavy. I then stopped at the cigar lounge, showed off my new piece. Melensdad was so impressed with the hi point and said he's gonna trade one of his cheaper guns in and get a hi point for everyone.

I smoked a cigar, then scrounged around the shop and decided to get a few different cigars, a hooka thing with several flavors of tobacco, a nice cigar lighter and a cutter. A little later I have to run to the cedar lake store and get some more cigars, Onyx Reserve, my favorite.

Later I'll take a pic of today's spoils and post it here for all to see, all in all a good day I suppose. Almost forgot, found a nice used mag for my sig at westforth, and picked up a few boxes of 40 s&w fmj, I was told it is recommended for hi points.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WOW now Andy219 is offically a Da Region Native! Just got to learn how to shoot sideways and next time we see you, ya best be wearing some baggie pants and a gold chain.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I practiced shooting sideway out the car window driving home. I need to buy a new hat though, and keep the stickers on so I could wear it sideways. The other day i seen a barley used set of dimond grills, I may have to go and pick them up now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom