Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How many times have I told you my little BROWN friend...I know where you live LMAO!!

images

:laugh::laugh:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Does/is anyone:
    1) have sufficient property for handgun shooting?
    2) willing to let a fellow ingo'er shoot on said property?
    I am really tired spending $20 for my wife and I to shoot without being able to draw and shoot or do any type of drills. The alternative of driving an hour plus to a public range doesn't help much either....

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I put this up in Tactics and Training, but I want to make sure anyone around South Bend or nearby saw this as well. We're growing slowly, and it's working out really well.

A friend and I have started a training group. We have a gym with mats on the floor, and can access it in the evenings. People always talk about wanting to do some training, and here is your chance. No ego, not looking to hurt people, just looking to learn more. Very cost effective, good guys, all with the same goals. We'll change our topics each time depending on who shows up and what everyone wants to work on. Here is the ideas we have at this time, and I'll link a flyer at the end although we're having a graphic designer (also member of the group) designing a nicer one that I'll post later.

Description: This isn't so much an instructor led class as it is freeform learning. We will teach you what we know, and you can teach us what you know. We will learn to be more effective at self defense using an integrated or mixed approach by practicing and learning together through multiple disciplines. We'll do different topics every night, and would like to bring in people to teach fundamentals of different topics like boxing, wrestling, etc.

Topics Included: -Mixed Martial Arts (Tae Kwon Do, Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Kickboxing, Karate, Judo, and more)
    - Knife, guns, sticks, in-fight weapon access, Weapons Based Environment considerations
    - Verbal Techniques
    - Scenarios, Force-On-Force
    - Anything else you can think of

Cost / Times: $5 per session for the space rental. Every Tuesday at 7:30, more times per week to follow. Not in this to make money, all extra money will go for different and useful equipment for training. Contact if interested.

Location: The Fit Club. On Highway 2 between Mayflower and Bypass. The Fit Club 23982 St. Rd. 2 South Bend, IN 46619

What to wear / bring: Any training gear you have (pads, gloves, training, training weapons, etc. Shorts and t-shirt are fine. Kneepads, mouthguard, and long sleeve synthetic shirt / rashguard are a plus. Cup is highly recommended.

Mindset: Come ready to learn from others, or teach what you know. Training and light sparring with no injuries is the goal. Do not show up if you just want to fight, this isn't UFC training.

Contact: Josh@JoshHaines.com with questions or interest. Or PM me on here, I'll try to remember to watch this thread as well.

Flyer: Click Here

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Wont be attending, but that range is very nice. The owners are very relaxed and the guy has some very nice smith wheelguns there. Hotels in the area pricey. I believe I paid around 75 a night...

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Looking to buy a free float handguard for the AR. anyone have the proper tools and knowledge to change one out. It doesn't look to hard, but I dont have any of the nice tools to do it with. Also interested in pulling off the buffer tube and throwing a Magpul ASAP sling mount on. Anyone here have the stuff?

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Looking to buy a free float handguard for the AR. anyone have the proper tools and knowledge to change one out. It doesn't look to hard, but I dont have any of the nice tools to do it with. Also interested in pulling off the buffer tube and throwing a Magpul ASAP sling mount on. Anyone here have the stuff?

I can help you pull the buffer tube and install the sling mount. Not sure about the free float tube though.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    For the freefloat, it looks like i could get by with the block to hold the upper in a vice, and i could take the pins out of the front sight without the fancy tool, but it does look like it makes it easier.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom