• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This same transformer blows all the time. You'd think at some point nipsco would figure there's something wrong with it and fix it for real, but no.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This same transformer blows all the time. You'd think at some point nipsco would figure there's something wrong with it and fix it for real, but no.

Y? It's SOUTH of US-30 right? So you rednecks know how to live without electricity for a while and won't go all savage on NIPSCO if they don't have you up and running in a NY minute.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah, I'm OK without electricity, even in the heat of summer as long as there's gold bond around. As long as my boys are happy, I'm happy. TMI?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeah, I'm OK without electricity, even in the heat of summer as long as there's gold bond around. As long as my boys are happy, I'm happy. TMI?

& see y u fail?
    Had it been north of US-30, the massives you have been starting riots, taking down more poles, looting, etc. Not good for biz at all.

But since they know you SOUTH of US-30 will take it, they will continue to stick it to you.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You might want to talk to melensdad before you go installing a gas geny. A tri-fuel may be better for you.

Tri-Fuel is WAAAAAAY better than gas.

Think about it this way, gas tanks need to be refilled every 4 to 8 hours on your generator (depends on the model). In the middle of winter, power outage, need that furnace running? It won't make it through the night. Nor will your electric blanket. Have a 2 day power failure and you are running back to the gas station how many times??? Or trying to figure out a safe way to store gasoline long enough to last you for how many hours???

Tri-fuel lets you turn it on and walk away. Shut if off when the power comes back on. No worries. And if there is a natural gas outage, simply revert to gasoline or hook up a propane tanks.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Tri-Fuel is WAAAAAAY better than gas.

Think about it this way, gas tanks need to be refilled every 4 to 8 hours on your generator (depends on the model). In the middle of winter, power outage, need that furnace running? It won't make it through the night. Nor will your electric blanket. Have a 2 day power failure and you are running back to the gas station how many times??? Or trying to figure out a safe way to store gasoline long enough to last you for how many hours???

Tri-fuel lets you turn it on and walk away. Shut if off when the power comes back on. No worries. And if there is a natural gas outage, simply revert to gasoline or hook up a propane tanks.

@KLB especially where you live you are better off going the tri-fuel route. Cans I suspect you can plant a big propane tank out in your property where as us 'city folks' have no room for that.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    @KLB ... I suspect you can plant a big propane tank out in your property where as us 'city folks' have no room for that.
    KLB - Having been without electricity for 8 full days, in the middle of winter, during sub-zero temps for most of that period, and using a gasoline powered generator during that time, I can tell you that it sucks. If you have the ability to use NG or Propane then you really really really want to avoid being stuck with a gasoline generator. The tri-fuel generators are a Godsend to people like us because we can switch fuels very easily as required by our situation.

Boys 7, 8 attack Michigan City school bus driver, monitors
    What the #%$@ is wrong with this world. If I had done this my dad would have made sure that I would not be here today.
    I was afraid of getting caught chewing gum at school. Not because of what the school would do to me, but because I was raised in the early 1960's when our parents would double whatever amount of 'paddling' the school gave us!

I cannot even imagine where I'd be if I had ever attacked a bus driver, teacher, etc. but I suspect it would be a cold dark cramped space.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Boys 7, 8 attack Michigan City school bus driver, monitors
    What the #%$@ is wrong with this world. If I had done this my dad would have made sure that I would not be here today.

& DCFS would have been called your daddy would have been hauled off to jail and you to foster care. :D

KLB - Having been without electricity for 8 full days, in the middle of winter, during sub-zero temps for most of that period, and using a gasoline powered generator during that time, I can tell you that it sucks. If you have the ability to use NG or Propane then you really really really want to avoid being stuck with a gasoline generator. The tri-fuel generators are a Godsend to people like us because we can switch fuels very easily as required by our situation.

I was afraid of getting caught chewing gum at school. Not because of what the school would do to me, but because I was raised in the early 1960's when our parents would double whatever amount of 'paddling' the school gave us!

I cannot even imagine where I'd be if I had ever attacked a bus driver, teacher, etc. but I suspect it would be a cold dark cramped space.

Listen to the words of wisdom! I have not done it for 8 full days more like 1.5 and I can tell you gasoline geny blows! It's great for a quick fix but for longer than 1 day it blows and is a gas HOG!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    & DCFS would have been called your daddy would have been hauled off to jail and you to foster care. :D
    And back in the 1960's when I was a kid if the DCFS would show up because a daddy gave a proper a** whooping to his idiot son because the son broke a law or even just broke a 'rule' or back-talked to a teacher, then the DCFS would have walked away satisfied that the daddy was "right and just" and the child ultimately would learn his lesson.

Listen to the words of wisdom! I have not done it for 8 full days more like 1.5 and I can tell you gasoline geny blows! It's great for a quick fix but for longer than 1 day it blows and is a gas HOG!
    8 days with a gas genny total sucked, especially since we were SNOWED IN for the first 3 days . . . and yes that happened right here in NWI (south Lake County).

Now when we have power outages in the winter with the Tri-Fuel genny we consider it a fun day. We pull out the DVDs and hunker in for a "snow day" or for whatever reason we can come up with to take a day off of normal life and enjoy our family time. . . we use the power failures as excuses for my wife to call off work, daughter to call off school, and we just have family days.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And back in the 1960's when I was a kid if the DCFS would show up because a daddy gave a proper a** whooping to his idiot son because the son broke a law or even just broke a 'rule' or back-talked to a teacher, then the DCFS would have walked away satisfied that the daddy was "right and just" and the child ultimately would learn his lesson.

I was not aware that DCFS existed back in the 1860s when you were a little boy. :laugh: What did DCFS start up?

Idea ... reduce your electricity dependence or better yet, learn to do without electricity.

gary_coleman_kj2fx.jpg

I'll steal a line from Bill B on this one.
    "Does it look like I really want to live off the grid"?

You may give me an ugly girlfriend and make me eat plain rice & beans but don't mess with my internet and the modern invention of "power". I'll go all savage on you just like those north of US-30 "you people" that riot, loot, etc.. :D

Now you SJ folks I will be more than happy to single hand take away all your power, redo all the power poles, lines so you don't have any power if you want and I won't charge NIPSCO one bit for the work.

My feelings for SJ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rw5MosKRm4
    :)

-Jedi

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    T_star did a photoshoot as a bday present to me with my bike and her, very VERY cool, i was blown away. i'll share this one for now, maybe a few more........................maybe :naughty:
    bikeshoot15.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    T_star did a photoshoot as a bday present to me with my bike and her, very VERY cool, i was blown away. i'll share this one for now, maybe a few more........................maybe :naughty:
    bikeshoot15.jpg

1. its missing pink
    2. was she playing with markers again she's got a mark on her wrist
    3. clearly doesn't know how to hold a gun, trigger finger not in... :laugh:
    4. more pics of the bike old man how old r u know? as old as bob? ;)

jedi

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Idea ... reduce your electricity dependence or better yet, learn to do without electricity.
    Easier to say. But honestly I've been way ahead of that curve despite the fact that I've got a fairly large house. Switched about 95% of our bulbs to compact fluorescent. Now I'm switching some to LED. Energy film on the windows (for at least 15+ years). Lots of insulation. But also a large property with 2 homes, 9 car garage (3 + 6), in ground pool, etc. Yes, I use a lot of energy, but given the property I'm actually very efficient.

I was not aware that DCFS existed back in the 1860s when you were a little boy.
    Back then it wasn't called the DCFS. It was called the Bad Kids Whoop A** Department.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Yes, I did notice you wrote 1860's. I'm old. I'm not senile.

They make LED bulbs that don't suck now?
    Yes. I have several of each of two different types of recessed flood lights. Both throw off more light than the CFs of the same size, both use only 1/4 of the wattage than the CFs, which is 1/12th the wattage of a standard bulb. Both types throw off a 'warm' light that comfortable to the eyes. Both types are unreasonably expensive. I've also got some LED candelabra bulbs in some ceiling fan lights and again, more light, less energy than the standard incandescents but also much much more expensive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom