• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Let me get this straight, 4 people. Right?

Sounds like a turnout almost as good as the one in Indy.

Woodrow and I will be car-pooling to the event together :cool:

Roger that!

Might even have AClark in our car too. But just in case we don't make it to the event on time you might want to check out the local malt shops, its possible that we could become distracted by a cold frothy brew, some hot wings, a couple big screen TV sets and a bunch of Hooter's girls. I'm not sayin' but I'm just sayin. . . :laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Let me get this straight, 4 people. Right?

Sounds like a turnout almost as good as the one in Indy.

Woodrow and I will be car-pooling to the event together :cool:

Yup but at least it's a start.

No matter how much the wind howls, the moutain cannot bow to it.
    However move a grain of sand one at a time and the mountain will eventually bow.

Might even have AClark in our car too. But just in case we don't make it to the event on time you might want to check out the local malt shops, its possible that we could become distracted by a cold frothy brew, some hot wings, a couple big screen TV sets and a bunch of Hooter's girls. I'm not sayin' but I'm just sayin. . . :laugh:

smiley-laughing021.gif

ssshhhhh you might have the rest of NWI INGO in the car if you offer that instead of what the "other side" is offering. :D

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

Can I carpool with you too?

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Sure, as long as you realize that we may be running late to the event.

Actually looks like WE might have to rent a bus to haul us, but the other group can fit into an old VW Beetle :laugh:

Yes, running very late. In fairness, perhaps if the other group stepped up efforts by 50%, they could arrive very comfortably in a VW bus?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Ok so I think we have settled on an OC march at Hooters!

Did Woodrow call shotgun yet Bob or can I [STRIKE]bring mine[/STRIKE] err call it.

Actually I'm down for just a regular meet and eat sometime. I know your guys do Wednesday lunch but I'm stuck at work. Also, we have cigar night, but how about one more NWI event?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Maybe if it had an in-cabin gasoline heater...;)

I have one of the original late 60's VW gasoline heaters for my Snow Trac . . . I'm afraid to install it and more afraid to actually use it.

Did Woodrow call shotgun yet Bob or can I [STRIKE]bring mine[/STRIKE] err call it.
    I'll let you guys fight that out. Duel at 20 paces?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok so I think we have settled on an OC march at Hooters!

Did Woodrow call shotgun yet Bob or can I [strike]bring mine[/strike] err call it.

Actually I'm down for just a regular meet and eat sometime. I know your guys do Wednesday lunch but I'm stuck at work. Also, we have cigar night, but how about one more NWI event?

The tentative events planning is the following:

NOV Meet & Shoot
    DEC nothing since the HOLIDAYs get in the way of everything
    Late JAN/Early FEB Meet & Eat in PORTER COUNTY
    (Last Meet & Eat was in LAKE COUNTY)
    MAR 2011 - MEET & SHOOT re-start

& off course ever wed at the cigar place as well.

But if someone would like to get a MEET & EAT for DEC that would be great. I'm just not sure how many of us can commit to it right now.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    If the OC walk doesn't take off up here, and the one in Indy gets planned while I'm still free. I'll take a ride down there, at least I'd have something to do for the day. If anyone else would be interested to go down south and meet some of our southern brothers and sisters, my car has room for 6.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Well from what I gather this is the break-down that we have so far.

--interesed--
    andy219
    prometheus (has been doing some in vaplo with tea party events and/or something with no taxes i think)
    clif45
    bill b

Am "hoping" that prometheus would be our POC for NWI but not sure if he has actively stepped up for it yet.

I haven't read this whole thread, but I'm with melens dad that we need a decent amount of people to turn out for it.

In order to make that happen we'd need to plan a date at least a 6 weeks in advance (probably 3+ months out) and people to actually COMMIT to coming.

That means, we pick a date 3+ months out and the people who say they are coming do whatever it takes to show up. Request the day off, take a vacation day, whatever.

They make the commitment to show up AND they actually show up.

There in lies the crux. Turn out for what I've done in the past is usually 50% of those who say they will definitely be there. The biggest excuse is "I had to work at the last minute". True or not, something like this requires all hands on deck, no excuses.

Unfortunately, gun owners are unreliable as all get out and generally too busy, forgetful or just plain lazy. Sorry, the truth hurts.

That's why the few rallies I'd done more recently were piggybacked onto other things. Like the OC tax day protest. We had 4 people out of 16 that said they would show and OC. 25%... I did have 3 people walk up to me and say I was going to OC, but I wasn't sure if anyone else would. When I asked why they didn't go back to their car and remove the cover garment since four of us obviously were and their excuse was no longer valid, they'd look at their feet, squirm a bit and say "well, I'm carrying IWB and it'd look funny" and one guy who was pocket carrying... Yeah... as I said to them then "that's pretty lame." As it turned out a fourth left a msg in the thread the next day saying they were there and didn't OC after saying they would but didn't say hello. Tyler Durdan would call them tourists. :rolleyes:

The question is, can we not just get people to commit to an event but also get them to show up?

So how many people can we get to promise to show up, no excuses for work or being sick? and How many would be enough?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom