Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    yes the nato summit is still coming to the city so talks of stopping the train before mccormick are still in play.

You mean the G8 summit that was moved to camp david?
    Chicago 2012 G8 Summit

Of course the NATO summit is still scheduled for commieland, maybe as an object lesson to Europe?

Well it's a table full of people that love you a lot and want to see you get better.

u 2 nerds dave/joe need your own channel:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I don't know, there's a few good looking broads out there

Yeah, there were. Some smokin hotties in their 20's. And some ladies maybe even in their 50's I wouldn't turn down.

And one guy that looked EXACTLY like Kevin Malone from The Office.
    kmalone.jpg

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Had my first negative OC experience today.

I was working on my car in the driveway (as per usual) and I hear:
    "Why are you holstered?"

I turn around and the guy from next door is standing on the property line (no fence). The guy is maybe in his early 60s. I said: "Sorry?"

He repeated "Why are you holstered?"

Ignoring the idiotic question I just said: "Why not?" He said: "It has to be concealed"

I shook my head and said: "Nope, it doesn't." "Well Indiana state law says so..." I said "No, it doesn't!" (still being nice and polite).

He said something along the lines of "Why do you need it round here?" I said: "Well you have a fire extinguisher, don't you?" "Yeah, well [awkward pause.. he looks around as if he gets my point] you're not likely to be assaulted around here".

Before I get to put in another point he walks off shaking his head and said: "It's not cool, man".

He then went across the street to talk to his neighbour buddy presumably to tell him about the gun crazy Brit who lives next to him. I was nothing but polite to the guy and frankly he pissed me off. I was just minding my own business fixing up my car enjoying the sunshine and exercising my 2A and he sticks his oar in.

Grumpy old git!

I told the father in law (it's his house I'm staying at). He basically said: "screw him! Are you legal? do you have your licence?" I said yes. He said "don't even worry about it" and proceeded to agree with me that idiots who disregard parts of the constitution are dumb.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    "Because I can't very well work on my car with a gun in one hand, can I? Duh."

LOL :D

It sucks, you think of all the funny/clever things to say afterwards.

I just don't get his deal... what's so wrong with open carrying while I'm doing something so innocuous as working on my car. What could be more American?

He flies his flag 24/7 so he's obviously a patriot and believes in the constitution.

****, I OC while I'm walking the dog around the neighbourhood and I haven't yet had any comments or had the Po Po called on me. See - that's what I don't understand about some people. If you were going to do something nefarious with a gun, why would you have it on display.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    He said something along the lines of "Why do you need it round here?" I said: "Well you have a fire extinguisher, don't you?" "Yeah, well [awkward pause.. he looks around as if he gets my point] you're not likely to be assaulted around here".

Before I get to put in another point he walks off shaking his head and said: "It's not cool, man".

****, I OC while I'm walking the dog around the neighbourhood and I haven't yet had any comments or had the Po Po called on me. See - that's what I don't understand about some people. If you were going to do something nefarious with a gun, why would you have it on display.

It's not that he thinks you will do something bad with that gun. He does not even think it is unsafe but it's the fact that the gun's VISUAL presence is a direct reminder that indeed no where is safe, that bad things can happen anywhere even in his beloved Schererville. Yet like most people they don't want to have to think or be reminded that such horrible acts/things can and do happen. Yes they have a fire alarm in the house but I bet they they don't even think/see/remember about it after it's installed unless it's giving that beep (battery change). Otherwise it's out of sight, out of mind and they don't want to know what can happen if a fire breaks out. It's too traumatic for them and they would rather leave in the a sheltered world.

-Jedi

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Greek? Hum.. now that is a first. You did not see me a few back when I was growing the "terrorist beard".

No, fortunately I missed that.

But I did grow mine back. Its mostly grey. I had it for over 20 years but when the 9/11 attacks took place I was getting pulled out of airport security lines on every flight I took (and I was flying A LOT for work) so I shaved it and the TSA stopped giving me special treatment. Now that I'm retired I only fly for the fun of it and with my family, have not been given special treatment since growing it back last July and I've been to Europe, England a couple times, NY, etc and all been smooth traveling.

If you grow a beard and fly, get ready to be pulled out of line.

Here he is with it at a meet and shoot, plenty of ammo, and smoking one of Melensdads cigars.
    Nope that was not one of my cigars. He's a south of the border type who moved into "da hood" so the only weed he smokes is the illegal type. I have the finest tobacco!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom