• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Any one off work tomorrow? Any plans to enjoy the weather? Im thinking of taking my first teip to willow shough to try out their range...

Me and the wife are going to Kodiak in South Bend around 10:30. BTW it will be the first time for her. I can't wait. She is final come around. It always takes a incident to change your mind.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Aeny one off work tomorrow? Any plans to enjoy the weather? Im thinking of taking my first trip to willow shough to try out their range...

You're off by one day. I work tomorrow but am considering a range trip on Wed if the weather holds and work don't need another day out of me. Anyone care for wed?

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    Naplam perhaps I have the offset wrong not sure?

For instance I can hear when people are talking on this repeater:

Merrillville NW 442.075 + W9LJ LakeCoARC 131.8 O E WX L X RACES ARES 02/06/10
    But I can't get the repeater to "ping" back to me & thus no one hears me. :(

Is the Tx Freq 442.575?

It's 447.075.

Repeater info

Do you have the the 131.8 PL frequency set? The repeater won't hear you without the subaudible PL tone.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, last time I checked, SJ is north of the proposed toll road, and therefore part of the crime laden norhtlands inhabited by you people, so WD is just as much one of you people as you and the wayward Brit.

We may all be "you people" since we are NORTH of your backwater, hill billy, mud hole. But trust me us North of 30 folks have no love for those SJ folks. They aren't our kind and smell funny with their noses up in the air. :D

Good lord ... I'm moving to Indy.

BTW ... my location has never been listed/shown.

See what I mean melensdad! He would leave us for the bigger snobs down south in Indy who steal all our tax money and give us nothing in return. :rolleyes:;)

It's 447.075.

Repeater info

Do you have the the 131.8 PL frequency set? The repeater won't hear you without the subaudible PL tone.

Thanks! But a bit confused then.
    Are all the 4xx.xxx repeaters a + or - 5.0 of whatever freq?
    Just like all the 14xx.xx are + or - .6 of whatever freq?

Guess I must have misunderstood and thought the 4xx.xx were all .5 instead of 5.0. :faint:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Porter, North of 30. Thanks for the links!

Here is the list of "inside jokes/insults/name calling" that we (NWI INGO) typically do among ourselves.

Outside of NWI views..
    1) If you live in LAKE County then you are a corrupt, D party voter.

Inside of NWI views..
    1) We are not corrupt, we just vote often, our dead relatives vote, we vote a 3rd and 4th time, our relatives from out of state vote, and we vote again. If we loss the election then there was voter fraud and we demand a re-count as Indianapolis is out to get us! They only take our taxes and give us nothing in return.

What we call each other.
    "You people" if you live in NORTH of US-30 in Lake County.
    Reference here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...2024-saint_john_indiana_not_gun_friendly.html

If you live SOUTH of US-30 in Lake County then you are our fugly 1/2 step brother/sister from a different mama.

Note if you are a Saint John resident you are a snob and no one likes you.

If you are EAST of I-65 you are "fffffffaaaaaarrrrrr" away.

Those who live in Porter county we can't trust since ya try to get our of the regional bus/train funding authority and refuse to fund LAKE county services via a PORTER county tax. You have to pay your fair share of taxes and re-distribute the wealth you know.

LaPort, Newton and Jasper counties Indy considers as NWI but we don't.

Welcome 2 da club. Don't forget to mexican carry your Hi-Point and shoot it gangster style sideways at the shoots to represent da hood. :rolleyes::D

You will fit right in soon enough.

-Jedi

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    70cm repeaters are +/- 5MHz. It's in the technician handbook ;) Or did you pay someone else to take the test like a true Lake County resident </purple> :P

Then again I failed that part of the test too. LOL.

Was there talk of Willow Slough (sp?) on Wednesday? I'm off and itching to go shooting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom