• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.

What would the following words suggest to you Crilly, "Jack", "sleepwalking" and "bollock naked"?!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A very special thanks to a NWI INGO member who have helped me get one step closer to reloading (Not sure if you want the world to know what you did or how you made a PURPLE doll bed as well!) . I now have 2 benches semi-ready to go for reloading! :rockwoot: Here are some pics of the progress.

Bench on the left is at a sitting height of 32" while the one on the right is at a standing height of 43".
    benchs_01.jpg

Sitting bench
    bench_sitting_01.jpg

bench_sitting_02.jpg

bench_sitting_03.jpg

After the backboard gets 2 coats of white paint to help reflect the light from the overhead shops better.

Standing Bench
    bench_standing_01.jpg

bench_standing_02.jpg

bench_standing_03.jpg

The lighting capture of this little camera is not that great but it's now very bright under this bench. BTW the carpet is not fully installed yet. But it does give it a much better look with it on the bench as oppose to the wood look.

Here is a better view of the lights.
    lights_01.jpg

I added the one in the middle and far right today. The far right one has 40W T-12 6500K bulbs in it and those give off a nice bright light. The one nearest the camera is the old lightset that was in the room. They are T-12 40W "Warm light" bulbs and I think I will be replacing once they burn out. Sitting of standing at the benches this light is behind me so it only helps to cast a shadow. Sadly Menards did not have any more of the T-12 40W 6500K bulbs. So for now the middle light has none on it.

The benches were based on this design:
    How To Build A Low-Cost Sturdy Work Bench From 2x4's And OSB
    & modified based on these images to a degree:
    DIY Ammunition Reloading Bench

Lastly he is my powder & primer firebox.
    firebox_01.jpg

firebox_02.jpg

It's made up of 2x6 and 2x4 so that there is at least 2" thick all around.
    I have added drywall to the inside as well. It can hold up to four (1lb) cans of Winchester 231.

In talking to a fireman he advised that this is what the fire safety people recommend in the US fire guidelines for poweder/primer storage at home. A wooden box that is at least 2" or thicker. Gravity holds the lid down BTW.

Still have to put the carpet on both benches, get light bulbs for the 2nd shop light, some clamp lights (like this design)
    1-c-clamp-1w.jpg

But at a higher wattage rated so I can put them on the side of the vertical plywood and be able to direct light where ever on the bench. Any ideas where to get. Menards was a bust today for them.

Maybe a powerstip on each bench (but I'll wait till it's on sale) and perhaps mount a toward light onto the plywood as well. But overall it's getting there.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.

What would the following words suggest to you Crilly, "Jack", "sleepwalking" and "bollock naked"?!

THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!!!!!!!

I think I need to rent the DVDs at some point and have a marathon.

PS: Jedi - VERY nice.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ham Radio Geek Talk!

Naplam perhaps I have the offset wrong not sure?

For instance I can hear when people are talking on this repeater:

Merrillville NW 442.075 + W9LJ LakeCoARC 131.8 O E WX L X RACES ARES 02/06/10
    But I can't get the repeater to "ping" back to me & thus no one hears me. :(

Is the Tx Freq 442.575?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A very special thanks to a NWI INGO member who have helped me get one step closer to reloading (Not sure if you want the world to know what you did or how you made a PURPLE doll bed as well!) . I now have 2 benches semi-ready to go for reloading! :rockwoot: Here are some pics of the progress.

Bench on the left is at a sitting height of 32" while the one on the right is at a standing height of 43" . . .

Now we know where all the PLYWOOD DONATIONS for Winamac are going :rolleyes:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Jediagh, sometimes you make me feel like I was the one that personally pulled over BillB and personally insulted "you people."

I feel sad.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jediagh, sometimes you make me feel like I was the one that personally pulled over BillB and personally insulted "you people."

I feel sad.

"you SJ snobs" lump "all you people" north of US-30 together and we do the same to "you" as well. ;) Besides WD is the one that represent SJ here the most. Ever now and then your "buddy" CT Z ???? comes in an says a 1 liner but for the most part WD **IS** SJ on these here parts of the world.

Now why did you remove your location? Are you ashamed of your location? You could just use the NWI location and be vilified by the rest of INGO since they think we are all corrupt. :laugh:

-Jedi

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom