Not open for further replies.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Lowell gangs, LOL.

It's kind of a palindrome. Not technically, but modified if you just say the words in reverse order instead of reading them backwards.

One way or the other, us guys from the real streets...LOL at gangs in Lowell. :D

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Check out my reply. Now had it been a NWI INGO Ham Radio thread.. hum... maybe just maybe... But you had to go and invite our fugly cousins from ds south. :faint: Man mamma said you were dense but come on you don't go inviting those southern cousins. :laugh:

You wanna hear what's a big bunch of crap? I keep checking that thread since I started it and get updates. So I actually upped my dose of nerd talk intake. :rolleyes:
    I can't win for losin'. :noway:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Lowell gangs, LOL.

It's kind of a palindrome. Not technically, but modified if you just say the words in reverse order instead of reading them backwards.

One way or the other, us guys from the real streets...LOL at gangs in Lowell. :D

The prominent gang that I hear about in Lowell is the Latin Kings, they are apparently comprised of members who moved south/east from Chicago to expand their territory.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    they have gangs in lowell?
    Apparently they do. Like I said, Latin Kings is one that is known to have moved into area. There is plenty of gang related history in town too. We have a 1903 bank building, robbed in 1933 by four members of the John Dillinger gang that now houses a hair salon.

I'll see if I can make it. Still don't know if I'm doing anything Thursday.
    Cigars & Guitars in the evening at the cigar lounge if your not doing anything else.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Yes, I believe NWA was originally going to call their groundbreaking gangster rap masterpiece "Straight Outta Lowell" but they didn't think anyone would believe that they survived those streets to become superstars. Even 50 won't walk thru that town, and he's damn near bullet proof.

When your history of gang activity is a 80+ year old bank robbery, locking your doors at night is a security extravagance more than a compulsion. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The prominent gang that I hear about in Lowell is the Latin Kings, they are apparently comprised of members who moved south/east from Chicago to expand their territory.

they have gangs in lowell?

Like duh! If there are drugs (which we know there are) then their is at least one gang who is supplying those drugs to the area. That is simple "gang-economics". :D Can't have drugs without a supplier now can we.

When it becomes an issue (gang wise) is when you have 2+ suppliers in the same area. Then you have the "gang wars" so to speak. As Lowell and southern Lake County grows (ie. the south shore train station, the new highway, etc) it will ultimately bring more and more people and eventually either a new gang faction to supply more drugs or the current gang grows to the point of fraction and you have a splinter group that are now fighting each other for space.

See chicago or any other large densely populated area for what will eventually happen to lowell and any other "non populated area".

Classic example of putting too many people in a small space that is all. Use to be back in the rock age that we fought for water and who would hunt on what grounds. Fast forward to the present day and it's still the same "fighting mentality of humans" just the tools and items have changed. But the tactics are still the same.

Kill the white man as he is no Indian and trying to take over our land. Kill the red skin as he is no white man and we need his land.

Kill the Folks/Disciple Nation as they are not Latin Kings and trying to take over our land. Kill the Latin Kings as we need more land.

Wonder what will happen when ET finally comes and blast us all?
    :rolleyes:;)

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Like duh! If there are drugs (which we know there are) then their is at least one gang who is supplying those drugs to the area. That is simple "gang-economics". :D Can't have drugs without a supplier now can we.

When it becomes an issue (gang wise) is when you have 2+ suppliers in the same area. Then you have the "gang wars" so to speak. As Lowell and southern Lake County grows (ie. the south shore train station, the new highway, etc) it will ultimately bring more and more people and eventually either a new gang faction to supply more drugs or the current gang grows to the point of fraction and you have a splinter group that are now fighting each other for space.

I'd go so far as to say you can't really call it a gang until the rivalry exists. You just have some drug dealers/scumbags. Because without the rivalry there's no need for the "gang activity" There might be some people affiliated with Chicago gangs as a source/connection, but in Lowell they don't need to fly their flags, or mark territory, because there's no one to fend off yet. One kid bustin a spring and shooting is a somewhat universal problem.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Where's JP? I'm off today but the trouble and strife (wife) doesn't work until 2 so I'm not free until then.

Working 9-8 tomorrow (yay go me) so I'm screwed for Thursday but then it looks like the weather is supposed to break.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Most gang experts agree that the socio-economics and gang (criminal) subculture extant in Chicago is unique to Chicago. There is actually less intergang friction in this area than other large cities (New York, Los Angeles) because the geographical boundaries seem to be so clearly defined. Even the Chicago Syndicate, once Chicago was "claimed," the majority of violence was intra-syndicate or enforcement. LE gang experts claim that what is unique to Chicago is the level of intra vs inter gang violence.

Having moved here from another area, what I find interesting is that more than anywhere else, Chicagoans (I work in the city) at all economic levels, all have a hustle. Everyone has something on the side, moreso than anywhere else I have ever been. The majority of gang violence seems to come from meting out justice to combat this individual streak.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I see, well that's fine. If no one wants to help me take Angi and Larissa shooting, I can do it myself. I know it's a thankless job, but somebody has to do it. Hopefully I will see some INGOers at Jasper Polaski on Thursday

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom